ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
Say whatever you want to say about his "4-play" playbook.

Dude lost his Heisman contending QB to an ACL tear, Biletnikoff winning WR skipped bowl to prepare for NFL draft and multiple guys left for portal AND still delivered an astounding win over Top 10 Clemson.

Heupel's go fast offense is dominating the SEC. He must be doing something right...

Dude lost his Heisman contending QB to an ACL tear, Biletnikoff winning WR skipped bowl to prepare for NFL draft and multiple guys left for portal AND still delivered an astounding win over Top 10 Clemson.

Heupel's go fast offense is dominating the SEC. He must be doing something right...
Heupel has a team chalk full of Jeremy Pruitt recruits. Gus should have hired that POS as DC.

Huepel’s offense has changed dramatically from UCF to TN. At UCF it was go as fast as you can with 4 plays to the detriment of the defense. At TN, he has slowed a lot and incorporated some better plays, even utilizes the TE more. It looks similar to the offense of 2018 but better.

all the national CFB accounts having fun baiting UCF fans the last few days.

Heupel adjusted and is throwing much more slants than at UCF. But as said before HS Coaches don’t lie ..he didn’t put the effort into local recruiting here. Danny White and the Tennessee NIL Collective saved his career.

I obviously prefer his Air Raid over the crap we run now

Reactions: Endeavor. and Yaes
Huepel’s offense has changed dramatically from UCF to TN. At UCF it was go as fast as you can with 4 plays to the detriment of the defense. At TN, he has slowed a lot and incorporated some better plays, even utilizes the TE more. It looks similar to the offense of 2018 but better.
What I like about this take is the indication that, just like players, coaches can adjust and improve during their careers. Hopefully we can experience that with Gus.

Gus's recruiting ability is strong and I don't want to lose that. I believe he will realize that that he needs to augment the play call sheet, especially if a good quality OC is brought in.

Also note that with better pass protection, the same pass plays called this season would have had a much different result.

Our best recruiting is on defense. Not sure how people spin that to Gus being a great recruiter. He hasn’t outrecruited anyone for a top QB. He took a chance on Plumlee, no fault there, but when results suck why stick with him? Whiffed on Singleton. No portal guy will come unless he follows a new coach here. Hoping that’s what’s happening but we’ll see in the next 14 days.

Yeah. He hired a good DC. It’ll be interesting to see if he can maintain it or things will start to decline like at UCF. With NIL and massive donor and other money, he should be able to overcome his past struggles, for whatever reason they happened. Something was just off, so what happened benefitted both schools. Shout out to DW, the greatest AD in America, for making the deal that benefitted both programs.

Huepels offense was good for us. It was very unimaginative, but he put up 40 pts per game.

If Randy Shannon is DC at Tenn, they go 5-7

all the national CFB accounts having fun baiting UCF fans the last few days.

Heupel adjusted and is throwing much more slants than at UCF. But as said before HS Coaches don’t lie ..he didn’t put the effort into local recruiting here. Danny White and the Tennessee NIL Collective saved his career.

I obviously prefer his Air Raid over the crap we run now
He doesn't have to worry about recruiting at Tennessee. His weakness is in check

Reactions: Poolside Knight

I have to say he really surprised me. I didn't think he would be that successful yet alone that soon.

Milton gave Heupel a 12-1 but he also saddled us with DG who has turned out to be the least clutch QB in UCF history.

I believe Clemson’s QB was starting his first game ever. Clemson still had more rushing and more passing yards as well as more first downs and dominated the time of possession. Clemson just couldn’t get in the end zone last night. It wasn’t really an impressive win by UT, just a bed shit by Clemson. I give Shacket nothing and he broke our Milton.

I believe Clemson’s QB was starting his first game ever. Clemson still had more rushing and more passing yards as well as more first downs and dominated the time of possession. Clemson just couldn’t get in the end zone last night. It wasn’t really an impressive win by UT, just a bed shit by Clemson. I give Shacket nothing and he broke our Milton.
He started their CCG but he definitely was shook by the pressure Tennessee was bringing. Joe Milton had an 82 QBR and Klubniks was 48. He had more passing yards, but he threw the ball 56 times.

Reactions: Happy Hands
Clemson in trouble. Klub is their starter next year and isn’t good enough. DJ wasn’t either. They can get a 5 star every year and are in the same position as us.

Clemson in trouble. Klub is their starter next year and isn’t good enough. DJ wasn’t either. They can get a 5 star every year and are in the same position as us.
Their QB is going to be good. But he’s a true freshmen. It’s rare that they come in and are amazing first year. The game will slow down. I think he’s much better than DJ.

They won the ACC title. I’d like to be in trouble like that….and we were very close again this year. Very Reminiscent of 2018 with Mack. Klubnick has only started 2 games. He’ll get better.

Huepels offense was good for us. It was very unimaginative, but he put up 40 pts per game.

If Randy Shannon is DC at Tenn, they go 5-7
It wasn't the plays called, it was the speed of the offense. Many defenses could not keep up with our speed under Heupel. They were gassed and often could not get a change of personnel on the field.

Reactions: Yaes
Our best recruiting is on defense. Not sure how people spin that to Gus being a great recruiter. He hasn’t outrecruited anyone for a top QB. He took a chance on Plumlee, no fault there, but when results suck why stick with him? Whiffed on Singleton. No portal guy will come unless he follows a new coach here. Hoping that’s what’s happening but we’ll see in the next 14 days.
Gus has just presented us with the two best recruiting classes in program history. In both of the last two years, he has kept Central Florida talent home that would have never decided to stay home before. So if he isn't a strong recruiter then we have never had one.

This statement is lame af. He has most recently out recruited UF for 3 guys specifically, which we have NEVER done. Gus has emphasized defense since the moment he got here and missing on Singleton is only one whiff but he seemingly was never really an option for us anyways. He has recruited a specific type qb and for all intense and purpose, has gotten his qb in JRP, TC, McClain and Rizk since he’s been here. And portal QBs transfer all the time without following a coach.

Let’s also not overlook all the portal transfers Gus has hit on, many of which have been on offense. That’s a part of recruiting now as well, can’t overlook that part.

Has Big12 helped? Absolutely and Gus has said that many times. But you still gotta get the kids to commit and Gus has done an awesome job there so far.

He started their CCG but he definitely was shook by the pressure Tennessee was bringing. Joe Milton had an 82 QBR and Klubniks was 48. He had more passing yards, but he threw the ball 56 times.
True. An experienced QB would have probably brought home a W for Clemson, but then again maybe UT went super conservative once they got the lead. Seems like something Shacket would do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT