ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmmm. Why no post about GOP senators blocking COVID bill

Trigeek

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
Truth is both the Dems and GOP had legitimate reasons to question. It’s just striking and highlights the complete partisan post here.

if we could all just stop promoting only one team and actually think it may be more productive.

Yes they did. They certainly delayed. But thanks for making my point!!!

is this now where we each start searching relevant news articles found on the internet which support our position and prove each other is more right than the other?
Sounds boring. You should go back to sharing articles that nobody reads

Reactions: UCFWayne
Sounds boring. You should go back to sharing articles that nobody reads
And I guess you should continue to talk out your ass about complete bullshit rhetoric. Your Pathetic partisans is what’s really boring.

The stimulus package passed the Senate late last night.
In case you missed it, four GOP Senators (led by Lindsay Graham) tried to include an amendment that would negate the expanded unemployment provisions. The GOP’s proposed amendment failed, and the package passed unanimously.

now please turn back to Fox News for your uninformed dribble.

And I guess you should continue to talk out your ass about complete bullshit rhetoric. Your Pathetic partisans is what’s really boring.

In case you missed it, four GOP Senators (led by Lindsay Graham) tried to include an amendment that would negate the expanded unemployment provisions. The GOP’s proposed amendment failed, and the package passed unanimously.

Negate? Not so much. Any objective analysis would tell you that paying unemployment benefits that exceed regular wages by 60% is probably a bad idea. Why work when I can do nothing and have more money?

Negate? Not so much. Any objective analysis would tell you that paying unemployment benefits that exceed regular wages by 60% is probably a bad idea. Why work when I can do nothing and have more money?

you are such a partisan hack that you missed the point of the post just so you can rush in and argue for your team.
I agreed there likely was some legitimate arguments but likewise there was similar bases from the House Democratics. Point is people like you can’t see both sides and thus mute your argument and brain for that matter.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Yes they did. They certainly delayed. But thanks for making my point!!!

is this now where we each start searching relevant news articles found on the internet which support our position and prove each other is more right than the other?

Mr Heather Cocks Richardson. Lol

I'm sure she isn't partisan at all. ;)

No one blocked anything, they aren't doing any of this shit for weeks anyway. Better to negotiate a good deal than it is to pretend it's super urgent only to wait until April to do anything.

Reactions: Trigeek
you are such a partisan hack that you missed the point of the post just so you can rush in and argue for your team.
I agreed there likely was some legitimate arguments but likewise there was similar bases from the House Democratics. Point is people like you can’t see both sides and thus mute your argument and brain for that matter.
The point of your post was to say that republicans blocked the bill. That isn't true. A few senators asked for an amendment, they didn't use a procedural measure to keep the bill from coming to the floor.

Reactions: sk8knight
The point of your post was to say that republicans blocked the bill. That isn't true. A few senators asked for an amendment, they didn't use a procedural measure to keep the bill from coming to the floor.
No they actually got out maneuvered and were presented with an ultimatum that would have killed the bill which caused them to substantially stand down. I’ll concede that they did not actually block the bill but tried. The point remains that two parties do similar things yet it is presented entirely different by partisanship.

Just a heads up, you are trying to debate someone who honestly thinks the world might be flat.

So when you use logic and facts in your arguments, it has zero effect, because he doesn't use logic and facts like the rest of us to form their worldview.

Reactions: Trigeek
Just a heads up, you are trying to debate someone who honestly thinks the world might be flat.

So when you use logic and facts in your arguments, it has zero effect, because he doesn't use logic and facts like the rest of us to form their worldview.
Yeah it’s why this forum is such a bore. If I post the GOP claimed the sky is falling this clowns would spin why it’s the Dems fault.
Here’s a little secret. They all suck! And until we start arguing for our own needs and interest regardless of party then it will just continue.
This Talk show ratings grab is so boring and obvious. If you want to argue for the sake of arguing why not pick a topic like which cowboy boot toe is better, pointed or square?

BTW the right answer is pointed but some of these ass clowns will get that wrong aswell!!

No they actually got out maneuvered and were presented with an ultimatum that would have killed the bill which caused them to substantially stand down. I’ll concede that they did not actually block the bill but tried. The point remains that two parties do similar things yet it is presented entirely different by partisanship.
So are you happy with this bill that was passed?

So are you happy with this bill that was passed?

No. I believe anytime you are caught flat footed and forced to create something adhoc it never turns out well.
There is ample evidence our leadership knew this was coming and have been caught I’ll prepared. I believe actions could have taken place months ago and believe last decisions made we’re actually counterproductive.

There is a lot of blame to be had and I believe there are those who saw this coming and actually knew we where I’ll prepared and did nothing. Possibly relishing in the fact that others would fail and stood on the sidelines because they could.

Having said that I do think something needed to be passed to at least slow the bleeding. One can argue the merits of specifics but I’m an engineer by trade not an economist. I do think decision are being made for short term success at the expense of long term stabilization.

Yeah it’s why this forum is such a bore. If I post the GOP claimed the sky is falling this clowns would spin why it’s the Dems fault.
Here’s a little secret. They all suck! And until we start arguing for our own needs and interest regardless of party then it will just continue.
This Talk show ratings grab is so boring and obvious. If you want to argue for the sake of arguing why not pick a topic like which cowboy boot toe is better, pointed or square?

BTW the right answer is pointed but some of these ass clowns will get that wrong aswell!!

Literally nobody in this thread has done what you say they are doing. The thread was started on a false premise with the hope that it would instigate a response that never came, and yet you have responded as if it had. If you want to complain about the bill as passed, that's totally fine and you'll find people on both sides that agree but keep in mind the fact that this isnt an echo chamber.

good one!! [laughing][laughing][laughing] Faux news, the republican propaganda machine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT