ADVERTISEMENT

Hollywood's Double Standard

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Have to agree with the op-ed.
- http://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/opinion/harvey-weinstein-lena-dunham-silence-.html

Related article:
- http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/09/lena-dunham-harvey-weinstein-letter/

"A liberal-leaning industry, we have been quick to condemn Bill O’Reilly, Roger Ailes and, yes, the president. We do not accept sexual abuse as “locker room talk.” So why the deafening silence, particularly from the industry’s men, when one of our own is outed as having a nasty taste for humiliating and traumatizing women?"

Breaking news .... celebrities have the IQ of a hammer and only care about public relations and staying relevant... not human rights.

Starting to add athletes to that category now.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
As expected, most are deaf to things that challenge their worldview. Wisdom requires a flexible mind.

like a Ray Donovan episode....

there is so much silence bc there are probably a few notable female stars that may or may not have had sexual relations with Hollywood Producers

like a Ray Donovan episode....

there is so much silence bc there are probably a few notable female stars that may or may not have had sexual relations with Hollywood Producers
Even Gene Roddenberry was regularly known for this too.

It's my #1 issue with Hollywood, they are the '50s leftover of sexism and racism, while corporate America has moved on. Still not completely equal at the very top in corporate -- but definitely from the middle down, and women even taking over many industries.

That's why so many actresses are so out-of-touch with the rest of the country, because their industry very much hasn't moved on.

I for one am super glad there are two seperate threads on this topic.
Sorry, just seeing the US mainstream media finally call out the left on the hypocrisy, especially those who are "quick to judge" (on the right) then "don't rush to judge" (towards their own left), just shows how much politics is for politics sake.

Who the hell is Lena Dunham and why do Fox News watchers care about her so much?

shes in a show on hbo. shes a vocal sjw and feminist. also is an admitted pedo.
I'm not much of a TV watcher, but I tried to watch that show. I was grossly disappointed with the content. I almost wanted to scream, "You're just a much of a part of the problem."

It's almost like watching women who want to be as bad as the worst of men at times, but feeling sorry for themselves because they cannot be. Meanwhile, the nice guys don't want to date you because they don't like hanging around with those types of guys ... so definitely not in female form either.

j30gakd3ozqz.jpg

theres a difference between saying some things and actually following through.

I'm pretty sure Trump's comments are talking about his exploits.

And there's a difference between whatever the hell weinstein was and the president of the goddamn united states of america.

And there's a difference between whatever the hell weinstein was and the president of the goddamn united states of america.

but then you're ok with Bill Clinton with a 19 year old intern and the rape victims? Then the women that tried to silence the victims wants to run for office....the irony of vote for me I'm a woman.

Reactions: UCFWayne
but then you're ok with Bill Clinton with a 19 year old intern and the rape victims? Then the women that tried to silence the victims wants to run for office....the irony of vote for me I'm a woman.

You do realize it is possible to be against sexual assault, and put politics aside? What the hell is wrong with you people thinking that "it's OK because my party did it".

You do realize it is possible to be against sexual assault, and put politics aside? What the hell is wrong with you people thinking that "it's OK because my party did it".
I think it's about saying a voter is "condoning" it, but another voter is allegedly not ... when both sides have elected officials who allegedly did.

Whatever he was? You’re pathetically trying to downplay who he was. He bankrolled half of the DNC and had Barack and Hillary in his personal contacts list. They were at his houses on many occasions to take his money and chum it up with his Hollywood friends.

He had major influence within the Obama Admin and would have within a HRC Admin. That’s what happens when you’re an ultra mega donor.

Says the guy who instantly responded to this story by attempting to jab Trump supporters.

Whatever he was? You’re pathetically trying to downplay who he was. He bankrolled half of the DNC and had Barack and Hillary in his personal contacts list. They were at his houses on many occasions to take his money and chum it up with his Hollywood friends.

He had major influence within the Obama Admin and would have within a HRC Admin. That’s what happens when you’re an ultra mega donor.

I have literally never heard of this guy before this story broke, and you are trying to equate his job to the president of United States.

You are a pathetic partisan shill, and exactly what is wrong with our country.

I have literally never heard of this guy before this story broke, and you are trying to equate his job to the president of United States.

he was a major donor and had some sway as major donors often do. hell obamas daughter interned for him.

I have literally never heard of this guy before this story broke
You have seen many movies with his company or its core subsidiaries being the first or second logo at the start. Now you just look ignornat.

and you are trying to equate his job to the president of United States.
No, just Trump.

He is kinda like Hollywood's Trump ... you wanted to be seen with him, especially if you were a politician. You could also see many benefits as such, both fiscally and politically ... especially the networking.

He was more powerful than O'Reilly, and even Ailes for that matter, although not as much as Murdoch, let alone Soros. This is why the mainstream US media, short of the very far left Progressives, are now trying to scramble ... because they've made heavy coverage of Fox News for the same.

Hence why even the mainstream US media has gone into a frenzy. Especially since there are many decades of 'hush money' involved, well beyond O'Reilly's.

Ummm, you obviously don't know much about the Democratic party and the Hollywood's control.

E.g., the most recent round involving SOPA.

That's why I differentiate "Liberals" from "Progressives."

Hollywood doesn't control true Liberals, but "Progressives" will shut down the 1st Amendment if it benefits Hollywood, or there is a political stake for them. It happened in 2006 over the Libby incident (where it was Armitage, not Libby, but a reporter wouldn't give up Armitage) and again in 2009 (Obama's spat with Fox News, of which more details came out in 2013).

he was a major donor and had some sway as major donors often do. hell obamas daughter interned for him.
Indeed. NinjaKnight just exposed he only knows Republican "bad guys," not Democratic ones.

That's what happens when one only follows "one set of news."

Reactions: Knight_Light
You have seen many movies with his company or its core subsidiaries being the first or second logo at the start. Now you just look ignornat.

No, just Trump.

He is kinda like Hollywood's Trump ... you wanted to be seen with him, especially if you were a politician. You could also see many benefits as such, both fiscally and politically ... especially the networking.

He was more powerful than O'Reilly, and even Ailes for that matter, although not as much as Murdoch, let alone Soros. This is why the mainstream US media, short of the very far left Progressives, are now trying to scramble ... because they've made heavy coverage of Fox News for the same.

Hence why even the mainstream US media has gone into a frenzy. Especially since there are many decades of 'hush money' involved, well beyond O'Reilly's.

Ummm, you obviously don't know much about the Democratic party and the Hollywood's control.

E.g., the most recent round involving SOPA.

That's why I differentiate "Liberals" from "Progressives."

Hollywood doesn't control true Liberals, but "Progressives" will shut down the 1st Amendment if it benefits Hollywood, or there is a political stake for them. It happened in 2006 over the Libby incident (where it was Armitage, not Libby, but a reporter wouldn't give up Armitage) and again in 2009 (Obama's spat with Fox News, of which more details came out in 2013).

Indeed. NinjaKnight just exposed he only knows Republican "bad guys," not Democratic ones.

That's what happens when one only follows "one set of news."

Intelligent post...shows why Ninja can't handle reasoning as a progressive.

Intelligent post...shows why Ninja can't handle reasoning as a progressive.

Not surprised you actually read his post. You two peas in a pod.

I got a shit ton of notifications that UCFBS was obsessively compulsory going HAM quoting me. Where we're all these quotes about NFA items? You got real quite when I posted a one sentence response with source that was actually correct. Maybe give that method a shot BS and I'll take a peak. Until then it's nice knowing I have an admirer, even if he is creepy AF.

Not surprised you actually read his post. You two peas in a pod.

I got a shit ton of notifications that UCFBS was obsessively compulsory going HAM quoting me.
I get on Conservatives too, when they are being hypocritically partisan, especially out of ignorance.

You're just on a roll lately. I mean ... really.

Maybe give that method a shot BS and I'll take a peak. Until then it's nice knowing I have an admirer, even if he is creepy AF.
He agreed with me in this case. There might be another time he doesn't.

I'm a Libertarian, so I piss off a lot of Conservatives too.

Reactions: Knight_Light

Never mind all of that. Ninja has never heard of him! Whatever exists within his bubble of ignorance is all that matters!

Reactions: UCFBS
I get on Conservatives too, when they are being hypocritically partisan, especially out of ignorance.

You're just on a roll lately. I mean ... really.

He agreed with me in this case. There might be another time he doesn't.

I'm a Libertarian, so I piss off a lot of Conservatives too.

Oh good we were all wondering what political affiliation you subscribe to. thanks for clearing that up as we all had no idea

Oh good we were all wondering what political affiliation you subscribe to. thanks for clearing that up as we all had no idea
Yes, I prefer Freedom for all.

I think when one party argues one half of freedoms should be outlawed while the other party argues the other half should be outlawed, we're in for a poor future.

If it wasn't for the Bill of Rights and the US Supreme Court, we would have gotten there much faster. Heck, both Obama and Trump went after the 1st Amendment in their first year.

On-a-whim majorities destroy Republics.

I figured there would be 2 possible outcomes with Trump ...

1) He'd keep to his past, "New York Values" (largely Libertarian, other than Eminent Domain), which he has not, quite the opposite (he renegged in his promises to the LGBT community), or ...

2) He's argue with establishment Republicans so much, that little would get done, and even a few Democrats would work with him on a few items Republicans would never ... which is now happening.

As far as the economy ... it's fate was sealed the moment we started outsorcing in the '90s. It's not a matter of "if," but "when."

Last edited:
Gee wiz, who is this Weinstein guy? Sounds like some random nobody!

“I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing day,” Michelle Obama said during a November 2013 White House event for high school students. “Harvey. This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse.”

The Obamas have had a long relationship with Weinstein: he donated thousands to the former president’s campaigns and visited the White House more than a dozen times, according to visitor records. The Obamas’ daughter, Malia, interned for Weinstein at the Weinstein Company this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT