ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitals in Wisconsin, Texas under strain as COVID-19 cases surge..REUTERS

Yeah, nobody has the covid...it's all fake

But trump has a task force.......oh yeah, that broke up 3 months ago.
Did the task force have tennis rackets or something that could swat the virus away to keep you safe? Or are you just a delusional pussy that needs someone else to make decisions for you?

Please, by all means tell me what advice or mandate that Biden can give that will keep you safer than doing what you already know to do?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Back to betas talking about covid. Good grief
How are these people not over it Already? Even if we all agree that Trumps response was a failure, what can Biden do to fix it? Literally every person in this country knows everything they need to know and they are still doing what they are doing.

If you think its too dangerous to go to Wendy's, don't. If you think its too dangerous to go to home depot, don't. If you don't give a crap, live your life.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
How are these people not over it Already? Even if we all agree that Trumps response was a failure, what can Biden do to fix it? Literally every person in this country knows everything they need to know and they are still doing what they are doing.

If you think its too dangerous to go to Wendy's, don't. If you think its too dangerous to go to home depot, don't. If you don't give a crap, live your life.
You shouldn’t agree that the US response has been a failure. Especially not when the US per capita numbers have been lower than the combination of similar sized European nations and we have far more challenges in this country. Also especially since not one of the people railing on that had any clue what a virus response Plan looked like on January 1, 2020.

You shouldn’t agree that the US response has been a failure. Especially not when the US per capita numbers have been lower than the combination of similar sized European nations and we have far more challenges in this country. Also especially since not one of the people railing on that had any clue what a virus response Plan looked like on January 1, 2020.
I don't agree that our response was bad. I think it was appropriate quite honestly but im just giving the left the benefit of the doubt. It just seems stupid to me that the whole Biden campaign is predicated on something that already happened and he can't change, but people somehow think he can. Unless we are expecting another pandemic in the next 4 years and people think Biden will handle that better than Trump, why do they prefer him?

Thanks. Good info. It says a 97% drop in influenza detected in lab samples. It seemed like you were implying that the influenza drop was due to mischaracterization of influenza as Covid. In fact the decrease in influenza spread this year was a byproduct of social distancing and other measures used to combat Covid. Influenza already has a relatively low R0 compared to this coronavirus strain, so the added measures effectively wiped it out.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Thanks. Good info. It says a 97% drop in influenza detected in lab samples. It seemed like you were implying that the influenza drop was due to mischaracterization of influenza as Covid. In fact the decrease in influenza spread this year was a byproduct of social distancing and other measures used to combat Covid. Influenza already has a relatively low R0 compared to this coronavirus strain, so the added measures effectively wiped it out.
Nope. It's widely known that covid kills the flu. Its not unlike how you can't get herpes if you have the crabs, because the crabs eat the herpes. Up your science game man.

Strange though Florida has about 22 million residents and nearing 1 million infections if the numbers are accurate. Seems like all this mask wearing isn't doing much if near zero.
Seem like you are conveniently ignoring all the non-mask wearing chuds in Florida and other states.

Have you looked at the crowds attending Trump's Florida campaign rallies?

Strange though Florida has about 22 million residents and nearing 1 million infections if the numbers are accurate. Seems like all this mask wearing isn't doing much if near zero. Almost like a virus is going to virus and you either get antibodies from getting covid or a vaccine. Wasting time closing businesses and hiding away did squat.

You can hide for 2 months and the minute an infected person comes in your area you start over with infections. So dumb and even worse in states like California that still won't fully open.

85% of infected patients did wear masks. Imagine it is even higher since your essentially forced in most areas to wear one
I just got off the phone with my friend from Minnesota and he said someone called 911 on his store because a customer wasn't wearing a mask. Its that big of a deal up there. They've had a pretty strict mask mandate and yet cases are going up.

Strange though Florida has about 22 million residents and nearing 1 million infections if the numbers are accurate. Seems like all this mask wearing isn't doing much if near zero. Almost like a virus is going to virus and you either get antibodies from getting covid or a vaccine. Wasting time closing businesses and hiding away did squat.

You can hide for 2 months and the minute an infected person comes in your area you start over with infections. So dumb and even worse in states like California that still won't fully open.

85% of infected patients did wear masks. Imagine it is even higher since your essentially forced in most areas to wear one
Influenza in a season infects about 15% of the population. 1 million out of 22 million would be <5%. For a virus that transmits more easily and nobody is naturally immune it isn’t near the level of spread as if the “virus was virusing” with no mitigation’s in place. Also their isn’t universal mask usage

Influenza in a season infects about 15% of the population. 1 million out of 22 million would be <5%. For a virus that transmits more easily and nobody is naturally immune it isn’t near the level of spread as if the “virus was virusing” with no mitigation’s in place. Also their isn’t universal mask usage
Ah yes, we need universal mask usage. I'm not pointing a finger at you, but why is it that liberals tend to say we need more of something on basically everything? Masks aren't helping because not enough people are wearing them. Our healthcare plan isn't working because not enough people are doing it. Why is the solution to any liberal policy that doesn't work always demanding even more of it?

Ah yes, we need universal mask usage. I'm not pointing a finger at you, but why is it that liberals tend to say we need more of something on basically everything? Masks aren't helping because not enough people are wearing them. Our healthcare plan isn't working because not enough people are doing it. Why is the solution to any liberal policy that doesn't work always demanding even more of it?
I didn’t demand anything. An idiot poster said mask wearing “didn’t do much”. I just pointed out that mask wearing isn’t universal so the statement is asinine. Also there is no alternate universe where nobody wore a mask to compare to to see the bottom line effect. Has nothing to do with big bad “liberals”.

I didn’t demand anything. An idiot poster said mask wearing “didn’t do much”. I just pointed out that mask wearing isn’t universal so the statement is asinine. Also there is no alternate universe where nobody wore a mask to compare to to see the bottom line effect. Has nothing to do with big bad “liberals”.
I said I wasn't pointing a finger at you. Your post was just reminiscent of how liberals tend to say "it didn't work because we needed more of it".

Texas should have closed their borders to Californians. Virus would be less, and State would still be a solid red.
Always fascinates me when Libs leave Lib state because Lib policies F it up, then move to Conservative state and keep voting for same Libs that F'ed up the state they left.

Interesting...I didn't know there was a difference. California is as strict as they come and #2 in infections. But, but...Trumps fault.
California is the most populous state. Comparable deaths and infections to Texas which has 11 million less people. Comparable deaths and infections to Florida which has 18 million less people.

California is the most populous state. Comparable deaths and infections to Texas which has 11 million less people. Comparable deaths and infections to Florida which has 18 million less people.
US deaths per million on average is at 711. Florida is at 781 (10% higher than nationwide average). California is at 446 (36% lower than nationwide average). You can point to a lot of reasons why California has done the wrong thing from an economic standpoint, but from a standpoint of Covid deaths they have outperformed the country.

I hear the argument about libs leaving lib cities and ruining conservative areas. Does the data show this? Isn't it more likely that it's the conservative folks who are fed up that are moving? Or at minimum it's a wash.

Seems like an incredibly lazy narrative, especially as it seems the trend points to people clustering more around like minded people.

California has nearly 5 million Republicans. Why am I to believe it's mostly the people who love what California has become and not those who are finally fed up (5 million + moderates)?

I'm in freaking Idaho and people are pouring in from California on a daily basis. You really think it's the Hollywood liberal type? I actually follow some of these relocation groups on Facebook just bc I find it so interesting and overwhelmingly it's people saying they and many like them have always been red and couldn't take it anymore.

Last edited:
I hear the argument about libs leaving lib cities and ruining conservative areas. Does the data show this? Isn't it more likely that it's the conservative folks who are fed up that are moving? Or at minimum it's a wash.

Seems like an incredibly lazy narrative, especially as it seems the trend points to people clustering more around like minded people.

California has nearly 5 million Republicans. Why am I to believe it's mostly the people who love what California has become and not those who are finally fed up (5 million + moderates)?

I'm in freaking Idaho and people are pouring in from California on a daily basis. You really think it's the Hollywood liberal type? I actually follow some of these relocation groups on Facebook just bc I find it so interesting and overwhelmingly it's people saying they and many like them, have always been red and couldn't take it anymore.
Colorado is the only state that I think it might actually be a thing.

One thing almost every case has major underlying symptoms. Barely anybody is dying from Covid only certainly not younger folks without underlying issues. Florida has probably one of the oldest and at risk demographics in the country. We still require chud masks anyway. We are the 3rd largest state and magically we are 3rd in infections.

Illinois with all their commie rules hit over 6,000 infections yesterday with half the residents of Florida. What? You can't hide away a virus?

If your scared of covid with no underlying issues, you need to just stay inside the rest of your life. Too much scary stuff out there.
I’m not scared of Covid. I was just instructing you that California has performed better than Florida and had the stricter measures. You obviously can make your own judgements over what economic impact is acceptable to save lives and what isn’t.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I’m not scared of Covid. I was just instructing you that California has performed better than Florida and had the stricter measures. You obviously can make your own judgements over what economic impact is acceptable to save lives and what isn’t.
The only question that remains to be answered is whether or not it will pay off in the long run.

Sh!thole Illinois with 8,000 cases yesterday with barely over half the population of Florida. All those restrictions worked out well...lol
Other than the northeastern states, by the time this is all done deaths will be commensurate with populations of each state.

Deaths are fuzzy since what is considered a covid death. Dying with covid or dying from covid? Big difference and there is no standard.
Thats not my point. With or from, numbers will level out and reflect the population of the states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT