ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Astros

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
does anyone outside of East Texas like them?

Altuve and Cole seem like good guys but a lot of Dbags in that group

Never liked Houston even when they were in the AL.

I'm a Tigers fan and this WS hurts. Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez were all on the same pitching staff (I consider the greatest ever assembled) with David Price.

Don't mind the Astros but apparently they hired douche assistant GMs.

Washington is absolutely en fuego. I've never seen a team this hot going into and throughout the Playoffs. They carved up my Cards like deli meat and now they're kicking the shit out of Houston.

Been in Houston since graduating and definitely cheer for the Astros. Hated them picking up Osuna but I like the rest of the team. Nationals are red hot so it's going to be tough for them to bounce back at this point.

Been in Houston since graduating and definitely cheer for the Astros. Hated them picking up Osuna but I like the rest of the team. Nationals are red hot so it's going to be tough for them to bounce back at this point.
you go to any games? looks like a nice ballpark

i was at a conference in houston. went to a game across the street for $5. it seemed really nice for a baseball park. i really havent been to many to compare since im not really a baseball fan. i jsut went with friends and the beer.
the best I've seen is Petco in San Diego, I wouldn't care if the team was garbage summer nights at that Ballpark is heaven. I would buy a 25 game package just for the food and drinks alone if I lived there

you go to any games? looks like a nice ballpark
Been to several. I am im suburbs so don't make too many in a year but it is fun. I haven't been to many ballparks but this is certainly a nice one.

Got to go to game 5 of the NLDS since my future brother in law is a season ticket holder and invited me. THAT was awesome.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Alex Bregman is a cool guy. Watched the Astros vs Rays in St Pete. Alex literally mins away from the start of the game made sure he signed my son's baseball.

Altuve just from crushing it at 5'5 height makes me a fan. It is easy getting overlooked when you don't look like Judge

I'm a Rays fan and have no problem with the Astros. If Davey Martinez wasn't managing the Nats then I'd definitely be rooting for the Astros.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
I'm a Rays fan and have no problem with the Astros. If Davey Martinez wasn't managing the Nats then I'd definitely be rooting for the Astros.

I want the Nats purely for Davey. He is a legend in Tampa and it makes me happy seeing him finally get his shot and going this far.

I hope Cash does the same soon.

Never liked Houston even when they were in the AL.

I'm a Tigers fan and this WS hurts. Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez were all on the same pitching staff (I consider the greatest ever assembled) with David Price.
Meh. I see your Tigers rotation and raise you the 97 or 98 Braves.

Oh look, Walgreens won. Expos fans must be happy.

Feels stupid rich. Wiping his tears with endangered species hides that he hangs from gold plated elephant tusks that his full time man servant has to hold.

Yeah, I get that he wipes his ass with $100 bills but he looks effing dumb and the nats, brilliant for not caving in to his demands. Something tells me he will never sniff a WS in shithole philly and will be remembered more for this than anything he does in baseball.

Yeah, I get that he wipes his ass with $100 bills but he looks effing dumb and the nats, brilliant for not caving in to his demands. Something tells me he will never sniff a WS in shithole philly and will be remembered more for this than anything he does in baseball.
As a Braves fan, I'm fine with that. I hated the gnats mostly because of him. Now that he is gone, they don't bother me.

I think the Nats original offer wasn't that much different than the one that he ended up accepting to go to Philly

I think the Nats original offer wasn't that much different than the one that he ended up accepting to go to Philly

the major difference was when he got all the money. The nats were going to pay him for many years after he retired (I think into his 60s). He wanted it all before then.

I dunno. Athletes are judged by championships they win and still think he will look back in the end and wish he had stayed.

the best I've seen is Petco in San Diego, I wouldn't care if the team was garbage summer nights at that Ballpark is heaven. I would buy a 25 game package just for the food and drinks alone if I lived there
Petco is awesome. They have a beer garden with all of the best San Diego craft brews. Angels stadium also has this type of setup but their stadium is older. My top 5 would be 1)Wrigley
2)Suntrust- Braves
3) Petco-Padres
4) Safeco- Mariners
5) Fenway- Red Sox

though Houston is one of about 10 I havent been to and it looks cool

Was just coming to post this . He was quite possibly holding them back . The guy really seems like a giant prick
This and how impactful is one player when he consumes 1/4 of your payroll? Baseball truly is a sport where one guy cannot carry a team.

the major difference was when he got all the money. The nats were going to pay him for many years after he retired (I think into his 60s). He wanted it all before then.

I dunno. Athletes are judged by championships they win and still think he will look back in the end and wish he had stayed.

I think we’re starting to see evidence that no single player is worth these insane contracts we’ve seen recently. When Pujols was leaving STL everyone was so pissed but it ended up benefiting STL since instead of plowing dumb money into one person they went out and got many key pieces they needed and became better going forward

Meanwhile LAA have been irrelevant since giving him that money

I think we’re starting to see evidence that no single player is worth these insane contracts we’ve seen recently. When Pujols was leaving STL everyone was so pissed but it ended up benefiting STL since instead of plowing dumb money into one person they went out and got many key pieces they needed and became better going forward

Meanwhile LAA have been irrelevant since giving him that money

But that was the luxury with the contract the Nats offered Bryce. He was going to get paid (albeit over a longer period of time) and it still would have allowed the team to maneuver some critical pieces around him. He was greedy and said no. And so he goes to a division rival in shithole Philly and watches his ex-team win it. That is funny any way you slice it.

The toxic part of his persona might have been an upgrade, however. Who knows. He is about as likable as Lebitch James.

hes in his late 60s and spends the bulk of his time getting angry over every little thing trump does and then bitches about it on an internet forum like a teenager. i doubt he has much time left.
Nice troll post, Wayne. When you can't argue the message, attack the messenger.

I know some people hear retirement and think old. But I was blessed with the ability to retire early so I can spend my time doing anything I damn well please. Even if I was as old as you think, I could give a sh*t. Sticks and stone can break my bones but your words could never hurt me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So feel free to call me names like some little school yard bully...I suppose it's better than telling me to kill myself like ol' Joe. It's a great way to show off your maturity and class!

ADVERTISEMENT