ADVERTISEMENT

How close do we get to being ranked? Frost got in last dig at Maryland!

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
We now got one more quality win than USF.
What a game the Memphis tussle will be!
So many stars. Everyone contributed!
Frost on post game radio interview got in a final dig against Maryland. "They fell into the trap of thinking how good they were!" I'll bet Scott was pissed by all the press and stuff coming out of MD about how we were gonna get pounded.

Last edited:
We will have a lot of votes. If we win next weekend, we will be ranked or very close

Don't care. I want everyone to keep sleeping on this team.
Don't want us to be a sleeping giant like in the 1990s. Instead, let's make opponents be paralyzed with fear from all our weapons. Everyone's a star in their own right. Maryland clearly tried to not let players like Shaquem on defense and Smith on offense beat them. The other players made them pay.

We now got one more quality win than USF.
What a game the Memphis tussle will be!
So many stars. Everyone contributed!
Frost on post game radio interview got in a final dig against Maryland. "They fell into the trap of thinking how good they were!" I'll bet Scott was pissed by all the press and stuff coming out of MD about how we were gonna get pounded.

Good game don't think thats it at all it that we were too cocky. We were down to our 3rd QB and team went flat after losing another QB and we got beat. Most aren't mad at our team, can't expect that much out of a 3rd stringer. You won fair and square, but obviously team out there is not same team that beat Texas. I would think we would have been competitive and maybe won with Hill.

Degrading your oppponet only diminishes your accomplishment and is unsportsmanlike. UCF did well and I'm not sure why he said that, I saw no disrespect towards UCF at anytime. I would have been happy we beat a good team.

Good game don't think thats it at all it that we were too cocky. We were down to our 3rd QB and team went flat after losing another QB and we got beat. Most aren't mad at our team, can't expect that much out of a 3rd stringer. You won fair and square, but obviously team out there is not same team that beat Texas. I would think we would have been competitive and maybe won with Hill.

Degrading your oppponet only diminishes your accomplishment and is unsportsmanlike. UCF did well and I'm not sure why he said that, I saw no disrespect towards UCF at anytime. I would have been happy we beat a good team.

It sucks that your QB got injured. I definitely think the game would of been a lot closer if he stayed healthy. I really enjoyed our series with MD. I hope we meet again in the future.

Good luck on the rest of your season!

No disrespect from us. I'd have been cocky in your place, too. But to a man, UCF players thought we gave you guys a win last year, though we started a raw, small true frosh who looked 14 and wasn't recruited like your guy. Maryland's not a traditional powerhouse, so you're almost as hungry as us. Losing two QBs has got to be disheartening, but as the network announcers said, QBs have to learn to slide and not expose themselves when roughing the QB doesn't apply. Yet your coach left the 3rd stringer in with the starters til a minute left in the game -- QB was getting hammered by our 3rd string line. There must be some bad blood between the coaches that we don't know about. I've never heard our coach say such a thing.

Good game don't think thats it at all it that we were too cocky. We were down to our 3rd QB and team went flat after losing another QB and we got beat. Most aren't mad at our team, can't expect that much out of a 3rd stringer. You won fair and square, but obviously team out there is not same team that beat Texas. I would we would have been competitive and maybe won with Hill.

Sure it could have been closer, but he's a true Freshman and if it wasn't that mistake (not sliding) then it could have or would have been something else. He's unproven as well.

A 3rd string qb did not give up 31 points. Can't use that as an excuse for the loss.

You're only as good as you're QB. We've known that for years. We have a starting Receiver and a possibly starting DB suspended as well though. When you have your QB running you can't use the what if game about them getting hurt.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
You're only as good as you're QB. We've known that for years. We have a starting Receiver and a possibly starting DB suspended as well though. When you have your QB running you can't use the what if game about them getting hurt.
Absolutely on your QB comment

Did a little research on
Bortenschlager. Sophomore QB. Rivals 5.4 and 3 star guy. Started last year vs Nebraska. Played OK and hit DJ Moore for. 92 yard TD. Lots of teams don't have a decent 2nd string QB, so there's no way a 3rd stringer from Maryland or any AAC school is going to beat UCF. If they could, they wouid transfer.

He gone (the Maryland poster and the QB)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT