ADVERTISEMENT

How long until Disney World reverses course?

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Can they deal with the backlash of opening? Their brand is everything and I just can't see them opening the park with the rest of the country judging them on it.

The employees are already talking about a strike because of unsafe working conditions and company sponsored no testing.

Can they deal with the backlash of opening? Their brand is everything and I just can't see them opening the park with the rest of the country judging them on it.

The employees are already talking about a strike because of unsafe working conditions and company sponsored no testing.

So they complain about being Furloughed and complaining about working. Seems like the employees should find a different career.

Reactions: Crazyhole
So they complain about being Furloughed and complaining about working. Seems like the employees should find a different career.
Don't you love the smug asshole responses from people who are fortunate enough that they don't have to worry about being front line workers who must weigh a paycheck against an increased coronavirus risk to their families?

Don't you love the smug asshole responses from people who are fortunate enough that they don't have to worry about being front line workers who must weigh a paycheck against an increased coronavirus risk to their families?

Lol you obviously know nothing about how Disney employs people if that is your response. Most cast members are picked out of the DCP and are young people who relocate fresh from College. My GF was one before she got her PA Job with Golf Channel. The pay scale is Dogshit and all the cast members hate it.

Bigger point, you can’t bitch both ways. Like you are known to do. Wahhhh I can’t go back to work and get paid... wahhhh they want me to work but won’t pay me to be safe.

Florida is a right to work state, if you are that concerned find work elsewhere and stop crying like a little entitled bitch

Reactions: Crazyhole
Lol you obviously know nothing about how Disney employs people if that is your response. ... The pay scale is Dogshit and all the cast members hate it.
Funny thing, that's the way most front line (yet mission critical) jobs are.

We expect them to do their jobs for Dogshit pay and risk infecting themselves and their loved ones because they will be coming into contact with knuckleheads who refuse to wear masks and social distance.

Funny thing, that's the way most front line (yet mission critical) jobs are.

We expect them to do their jobs for Dogshit pay and risk infecting themselves and their loved ones because they will be coming into contact with knuckleheads who refuse to wear masks and social distance.

As some who works in an essential capacity dealing with people of all areas in Florida with and without masks, there’s a simple solution. If you don’t like your pay, go somewhere else. That’s the thing. Employers pay you a perceived value to keep their profits. If you are worth more, go get It. But no company is going to pay you what you want because you want It. Its always About profit margin as It should be. Its your Job to get a fair value, not the company’s to just give It away

Perfect example. I work at a senior property today. None of these 55+ people are wearing masks. I have mine on. Yet the come into My office, purposely pass the 6 foot cone I have set up for their own safety. They don’t care. They are “over being locked up”.

I like my job and I really like my pay so I choose to tolerate these idiots because I made the choice to do so.

I could quit based on safety if I wanted to, however, and nobody would blame me. Its MY choice.

When you say people are expected to do something you’re misspeaking. Nobody is expected to do anything. Its a Free country and you can choose to work or choose to not work.

You can bitch about working Conditions and not working at the same time too. You’re free to do so. You’re just a schmuck if you think arguing on both sides makes sense.

Its always About profit margin as It should be. Its your Job to get a fair value, not the company’s to just give It away
Who's debating salaries?

You said front line employees who were concerned about catching the coronavirus should get a new job.

You act like low paid front line workers have a real choice in the matter.

Who's debating salaries?

You said front line employees who were concerned about catching the coronavirus should get a new job.

You act like low paid front line workers have a real choice in the matter.

Everyone has a choice. If they don’t want to be low paid frontline workers they can choose another field or get another job.

This isn’t an internment camp where you’re forced to work. It is a choice you made. Also, I would hardly qualify Disney as the same frontline workers like First Responders, Nurses and People who provide housing.

Sorry, The person who plays Goofy isn’t that important to society to be deemed Essential Workers

Ok we got side tracked a little.

Do you think Disney will risk messing up a multibillion dollar brand by opening their parks as Florida crests 20k daily cases?

Wouldnt that be a public relations nightmare?

Do you think Disney will risk messing up a multibillion dollar brand by opening their parks as Florida crests 20k daily cases?

Has there been any detectable outbreak stemming from Universal being open? Any staff there testing positive?

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
If its not safe enough to drink a beer in an enclosed space is the line for space mountian much better? Thats a ****ing tunnel that youre in for hours with hundreds of strangers. Is the monorail much better? Can disney risk an outbreak being traced back to Winnie the Pooh?

I think they dont even make it to opening day.

What world do you live in to think that people will blame Disney for them voluntarily taking the chance of being infected by going there? Typically that kind of stuff comes from the media, but I'm pretty sure ABC has Disney's back on opening up.

As long as we rebrand Splash Mountain, Disney is in the clear.

I have not missed a days work, My wife did work from home for a few weeks, but has been back for 3 or 4 weeks.
We accept there is a risk and do what we can to reduce it. And yes we are both in our 60's. My odds are higher that I will get killed in a car crash while traveling between accounts than dying from Corona. Life is not guaranteed. Disney isn't reopening without taking measures to keep visitors and customers safe. They are limiting capacity, setting up lines with 6 foot distance, taking temps of people as the enter the park, doing away with the parades, requiring mask for employees and visitors. Is it 100% safe, of course not. Nothing in life is.

Reactions: DAiello18
If its not safe enough to drink a beer in an enclosed space is the line for space mountian much better? Thats a ****ing tunnel that youre in for hours with hundreds of strangers. Is the monorail much better? Can disney risk an outbreak being traced back to Winnie the Pooh?

I think they dont even make it to opening day.

Has there been any detectable outbreak stemming from Universal being open? Any staff there testing positive?

No idea. Its not like Florida is very transparent with their data.

Ok, so you created this entire thread and threw around questions without checking to find basic facts regarding how the other huge theme park a few miles from Disney is doing having reopened almost a month ago.

Thanks for wasting our time.

Ok, so you created this entire thread and threw around questions without checking to find basic facts regarding how the other huge theme park a few miles from Disney is doing having reopened almost a month ago.

Thanks for wasting our time.
Lets see who ends up right. Disney is a brand company, Universal is not. Will they hurt their brand for a few weeks park revenues?

Lets see who ends up right. Disney is a brand company, Universal is not. Will they hurt their brand for a few weeks park revenues?

Universal is owned by Comcast which is $50B larger than Disney. But sure, OK.

You could have done like a 2 second Google search to make a comparison.

Universal is owned by Comcast which is $50B larger than Disney. But sure, OK.

You could have done like a 2 second Google search to make a comparison.
Yeah good point, Comcast has a real positive image to protect... is your brain mashed potatoes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT