ADVERTISEMENT

How many games does the CFB season exist before being cancelled?

@KNIGHTTIME^

This is why we should have been wearing masks to keep cases low you antimask moron. It's now not deemed safe enough for us to enjoy the fall season.

The first conferences to cancel out of the gate are northern and midwest conferences. Aka your neck of the woods.

The first conferences to cancel out of the gate are northern and midwest conferences. Aka your neck of the woods.
Ok? Whats your point? Antimask morons exist everywhere. You think the good ol boys in the state of Indiana were wearing their masks before the governor made it a rule?

Ok? Whats your point? Antimask morons exist everywhere. You think the good ol boys in the state of Indiana were wearing their masks before the governor made it a rule?

I'm not sure what to even say to someone who thinks the virus would have been defeated and CFB would have been played if we had slightly higher mask usage than we do today, which is already used by the majority of the population.

2017 20
I'm not sure what to even say to someone who thinks the virus would have been defeated and CFB would have been played if we had slightly higher mask usage than we do today, which is already used by the majority of the population.
It wasnt. We reopened to early with no masks and cases shot back up. Then we had mask mandates start and cases have been on the decline.

Imagine a world where we reopen slowly with a mask mandate and we never spike. It takes months to undo a spike in cases. We got it under control but we didnt keep it there because the president and other chuds refused to wear masks. We would have football if we did things better.

2017 20

It wasnt. We reopened to early with no masks and cases shot back up. Then we had mask mandates start and cases have been on the decline.

Imagine a world where we reopen slowly with a mask mandate and we never spike. It takes months to undo a spike in cases. We got it under control but we didnt keep it there because the president and other chuds refused to wear masks. We would have football if we did things better.

So the northern states reopened too fast, which is why the MAC and B1G are the first out?

Reactions: Crazyhole
So the northern states reopened too fast, which is why the MAC and B1G are the first out?
You're not even trying to make a point, you're just arguing with no direction. Northern states are in an ok spot now but you dont make decisions on the next three months based on where you are now. No state is able to say college football wont cause deaths. There is no way to do this safely with the amount of community spread in America. If we had much less community spread we would potentially be ok.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You're not even trying to make a point, you're just arguing with no direction. Northern states are in an ok spot now but you dont make decisions on the next three months based on where you are now. No state is able to say college football wont cause deaths. There is no way to do this safely with the amount of community spread in America. If we had much less community spread we would potentially be ok.

So you're admitting that this really has nothing to do with KNIGHTTIME not wearing a mask or certain states reopening "too soon"; it has everything to do with University Presidents not wanting to have the dubious claim to having the first football player die of COVID within their program in a Fall 2020 season. And that was going to be a risk no matter what the level of community spread was, aside from the level of spread being almost zero.

If masks were so effective why is it that New York always required them but still such a sh!t show. Orange and Seminole have required masks for nearly 2 months. Just read an article that bandanas and cloth pull overs do almost nothing. The WHO said healthy people don't need them. Fauci said the same thing. Might be more prone because you feel like you can invade personal space with a cloth mask.

If masks were so effective why is it that New York always required them but still such a sh!t show. Orange and Seminole have required masks for nearly 2 months. Just read an article that bandanas and cloth pull overs do almost nothing. The WHO said healthy people don't need them. Fauci said the same thing. Might be more prone because you feel like you can invade personal space with a cloth mask.
How do the numbers in Orange and Seminole look?

How do the numbers in Orange and Seminole look?

Really had no impact since the start of the mask order. Eventually you see leveling like what happened in New York. That will be coming to Florida. Blaming it on non mask wearing is a stretch especially when I see mask wearers pulling down the mask in stores and constantly touching it.

You can literally put anything around your face and call it a mask. For the record I'm wearing them in stores since the order.

the NBA Bubble concept is the only complete success story in this country(NHL in Canada). Every other sport is a mess

the NBA Bubble concept is the only complete success story in this country(NHL in Canada). Every other sport is a mess

The MLB is not a mess. They had the Marlins and Cardinals with COVID issues but both were due to players on those teams being morons and going out to party or gamble, and the clubs/union clamped down hard after that. There's been no other issue like that beyond those two teams.

It's ironic (but not surprising) that the biggest COVID-19 hotspots in the nation are in SEC territory yet they'll be the last ones to give it up by golly! :)

And by the way, if the notion is that covid was inevitable and college football couldn't have been saved no matter what we did, how do you explain away New Zealand?

It's ironic (but not surprising) that the biggest COVID-19 hotspots in the nation are in SEC territory yet they'll be the last ones to give it up by golly! :)

And by the way, if the notion is that covid was inevitable and college football couldn't have been saved no matter what we did, how do you explain away New Zealand?

Every other country in the world not named NZ still has community spread outbreaks ongoing. Thank you though for again pulling the absolute largest statistical outlier to make a point.

Every other country in the world not named NZ still has community spread outbreaks ongoing. Thank you though for again pulling the absolute largest statistical outlier to make a point.
Wha...? You mean having covid sweep through our country WASN'T inevitable??!?

New Zealand stopped all travel then required testing of anyone coming in and quarantine period. If China was honest early, everyone could have better planned. Biden didn't even want to limit China travel.

When has New York and New Jersey that lead deaths become a sec hotspot?

When has New York and New Jersey that lead deaths become a sec hotspot?
The current coronavirus hotspots in the US are not in NY or NJ. It's all the "good ole Boy" States in the South.

Last I checked, that's SEC territory.

The current coronavirus hotspots in the US are not in NY or NJ. It's all the "good ole Boy" States in the South.

Let's not act like New York and New Jersey had any leadership. Cuomo killed thousands with his dumb and reckless moves. SEC country was just later to the party without the death numbers.

Those friendly "protests" of burning and looting and no impact either. ;)

I guess once the virus killed every old person in NY or NJ that was inevitable.

Maybe DeSantis should have shoved COVID patients into nursing homes, killed all the old people, then declared victory when things get better after there’s no elderly people left to ravage. You know, like Cuomo did.

Are you ever going to come to the realization that the only aspect of this that we can control is the timeline? That was the whole point of the shutdowns and wearing masks. We can't stop this so why criticize states that got through it faster than others? Even the precious vaccine that may never come will not stop this, it will just slow the timeline down. Maybe to the point that people die from something else first, but it doesn't stop the virus from doing what its going to do.

Are you ever going to come to the realization that the only aspect of this that we can control is the timeline? That was the whole point of the shutdowns and wearing masks. We can't stop this so why criticize states that got through it faster than others? Even the precious vaccine that may never come will not stop this, it will just slow the timeline down. Maybe to the point that people die from something else first, but it doesn't stop the virus from doing what its going to do.
Coronavirus is gonna get you, you cant prevent it, you may die of old age first but all youre doing is slowing down the inevitable virus.

Yeah thats a scenario im ok with, dumbass. This is honestly a big enough gap in logic to make me question your mental state altogether.

Coronavirus is gonna get you, you cant prevent it, you may die of old age first but all youre doing is slowing down the inevitable virus.

Yeah thats a scenario im ok with, dumbass. This is honestly a big enough gap in logic to make me question your mental state altogether.
Polio is making a comeback. Fortunately a lot of people died from something else before it could get them.

Not sure why we aren’t talking about this more? Is it old news?

I don't think anyone really knows whats going to happen. AAC is on, until it's not... just like every other conference. Up until the moment both teams are on the field, it can be cancelled. Even then that is just the first game, finish a season and post season seems like it requires everything to go perfectly.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
My gut says they wait until the last possible moment and pull the plug. I think they are waiting to get students back on campus for a bit and see how that goes. Problem with CFB is there is no margin for error for a Marlins or Cardinals type slip up for these teams. If they have a bunch of cases they could be missing 2 games and no margin to make games up.

I don't think anyone really knows whats going to happen. AAC is on, until it's not... just like every other conference. Up until the moment both teams are on the field, it can be cancelled. Even then that is just the first game, finish a season and post season seems like it requires everything to go perfectly.

I feel bad for the players across the country, it must totally suck being stuck in limbo or already having your season pulled (MAC). It'd be hard even really committing to camp and practice right now if you're not totally convinced there will actually be a season and it'll mean something.

Frost is just trying to look like a players/fans/Nebraska hero and fighting the good fight for them. It’s just a bunch of talk. They have to 0 games scheduled as of today

Figured Nebraska would be happy with this decision. This is the only way they sniff an undefeated season this century, and even now it isn't a guarantee for them.

Also lmao @ OP, can't even follow a single board rule. Throw a damn "OT" in the title you uncultured swine.

Nebraska trying to escape the B1G to rejoin the B12 for 2020?
Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. The big12 released their schedule this morning and the best nebraska could do is play 5 games against the conference. That being said, there are a lot of Nebraskans that would be very happy if we left the Big10 and tried to put a season together. Not playing is going to do a heck of a lot more damage economically than just losing the 50 million we get from the big10 network.

ADVERTISEMENT