ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Money?

HartfordWhalersFan

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 21, 2019
This isn’t going to happen, but what would it take to get Scott Frost back to UCF as our head coach? I miss the days of McKenzie Milton actually throwing the ball deep down the field. We all know Scott Frost is pretty loyal to his coaching staff and I’m not sure if I could tolerate Erik Chinander as our DC again. UCF’s defense was shaky under the tutelage of Chinander and repeatedly gashed under the tutelage of Randy Shannon. Different coaching staffs but our defense isn’t good going into the Big-12 conference. During the Duke game, Marc and Gary continuously told the audience that the Knights could rarely generate any pass rushing pressure for the entire 2022 season. The second time around, Scott Frost may not be willing to leave UCF so quickly for another HC job.

This isn’t going to happen, but what would it take to get Scott Frost back to UCF as our head coach? I miss the days of McKenzie Milton actually throwing the ball deep down the field. We all know Scott Frost is pretty loyal to his coaching staff and I’m not sure if I could tolerate Erik Chinander as our DC again. UCF’s defense was shaky under the tutelage of Chinander and repeatedly gashed under the tutelage of Randy Shannon. Different coaching staffs but our defense isn’t good going into the Big-12 conference. During the Duke game, Marc and Gary continuously told the audience that the Knights could rarely generate any pass rushing pressure for the entire 2022 season. The second time around, Scott Frost may not be willing to leave UCF so quickly for another HC job.
As great as that sounds on paper, I believe Scott Frost may have burned some bridges. Also I imagine Gus buyout probably isn't cheap at the moment.

You want to trade a guy who posted back-to-back 9-win seasons and NEVER had a losing season for a guy who posted back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back losing seasons?

Gus Malzahan has lead UCF to consecutive 9 win seasons, but I would rather watch a more exciting brand of football. With Scott Frost, we saw UCF always had a chance to win a game with a quick strike down the field, with Gus Malzahan, this team has struggled to convert a 3rd and 4 play.

You want to trade a guy who posted back-to-back 9-win seasons and NEVER had a losing season for a guy who posted back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back losing seasons?
that guy beat gus in a ny6 bowl game though. oh i forgot with gus bowl games don't mean anything and auburn just wasn't up for it just like ucf isn't up for it these days.

Gus Malzahan has lead UCF to consecutive 9 win seasons, but I would rather watch a more exciting brand of football. With Scott Frost, we saw UCF always had a chance to win a game with a quick strike down the field, with Gus Malzahan, this team has struggled to convert a 3rd and 4 play.
Lane Kiffin is about to lose his fifth of his final six games. He is an offensive genius. Sometimes banking on a bunch of transfer works; Sometimes it blows up in your face

I would say it is the latter in the case of Malzahn and Kiffin. At least this time around.

Reactions: mattropolis
auburn just wasn't up for it just like ucf isn't up for it these days.
I agree with both statements. Auburn probably had players smoking weed during bowl prep on 2017.

UCF didn't GAS about this meaningless bowl game. I said as much BEFORE the game. Had the Knights advanced to the Cotton Bowl, it would be a different story.

The sad part is most would be HAPPY today if UCF had beaten the brakes off of Coastal Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl.

Gus wanted to measure the Knights against a Power 5 team, even if it ended in a loss. This was nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

I agree with both statements. Auburn probably had players smoking weed during bowl prep on 2017.

UCF didn't GAS about this meaningless bowl game. I said as much BEFORE the game. Had the Knights advanced to the Cotton Bowl, it would be a different story.

The sad part is most would be HAPPY today if UCF had beaten the brakes off of Coastal Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl.

Gus wanted to measure the Knights against a Power 5 team, even if it ended in a loss. This was nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.
Shut up. Tired of you and your Auburn shit and I don't care about who's tired of me telling you. Most would be happy? You don't speak for us.

Reactions: AUcoop79
I think we caught lightning in a bottle the first time around with a generational QB, and the perfect combo of GOL’s old school style recruits and Frost’s under the radar speedy recruits. I don’t think it could be replicated. Sure coaching was involved, such as the development of MM and switching Shaq Griffin to edge rusher, but that kind of development was not able to be replicated elsewhere. I think we’d see the same results here as we’ve seen a with Gus, if not worse, with us stepping up in competition next year.

We should all be thankful for 2013, 2017 & 2018 seasons all with different head coaches at the helm. I will take 9 wins again next year….WITH Gus!! Give him more time and then if things aren’t going in “the right direction” after 2024 season.just call Mohajir and coordinate the coaching search for the next head ball coach….BTW….head coach to watch you ask?? New Coastal Carolina head coach Tim Beck (former UCF QB). Charge On!!!
Still never lost a tailgate.

This post has 2017 husker fans "Scott can bring us back to the promised land" vibes.
This^. I appreciate what SF did here, but have no desire to have him back. Am I totally happy with Gus? No. Am I totally unhappy with Gus? No. but 18 wins in 2 years while reshaping the team to his liking isn't bad. The next 2 or 3 years is going to be bumpy no matter who coaches this team.

Shut up. Tired of you and your Auburn shit and I don't care about who's tired of me telling you. Most would be happy? You don't speak for us.
Just telling you the truth.

Auburn had its sites set on a bigger prize than the Peach Bowl in 2017. It had just knocked off two back-to-back No. 1 teams in the nation.

Auburn was eyeing the CFP, instead two teams it had just beaten were playing for all the marbles.

UCF had its sites set on a bigger prize than the "Military Bowl." The Knights had just beaten the best two teams in the AAC.

I gaureentee you if UCF was facing Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl, At least 17k UCF fans who couldn't get a ticket would have camped outside of Jerry World. I don't care if the temperature was below 17. I would have gotten off my lazy fat azz, bought a ticket, and gone to the game myself.

There were *maybe* 17k fans TOTAL at the Military Bowl. That's pathetic. More UCF fans were at the Spring Game than at the bowl game.

Why? Because IT DID NOT matter. Nobody cared. Auburn AND UCF were not motivated to play.

Now you can believe it or not. I don't care. I am posting straight truth.

Last edited:
Unless he gets another Milton he wouldn’t be good either. He sucked with Martinez who did good at TCU.

Auburn had its sites set on a bigger prize than the Peach Bowl in 2017. It had just knocked off two back-to-back No. 1 teams in the nation.

Auburn was eyeing the CFP, instead two teams it had just beaten were playing for all the marbles.

UCF had its sites set on a bigger prize than the "Military Bowl." The Knights had just beaten the best two teams in the AAC.

I gaureentee you if UCF was facing Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl, At least 17k UCF fans who couldn't get a ticket would have camped outside of Jerry World. I don't care if the temperature was below 17. I would have gotten off my lazy fat azz, bought a ticket, and gone to the game myself.

There were *maybe* 17k fans TOTAL at the Military Bowl. That's pathetic. More UCF fans were at the Spring Game than at the bowl game.

Why? Because IT DID NOT matter. Nobody cared. Auburn AND UCF were not motivated to play.

I don't understand why some of our fans let you post this kind of bullshit then choose to converse with you in a positive manner. So now you're trying to discredit our Peach Bowl win cause your Tigers weren't motivated huh? Man stfu and gtfoh.

We were at the game in Annapolis. UCF had a very decent showing of fans given the distance, weather/travel issues, and perception of team malaise. We were pleasantly surprised by how many UCF fans made the trip to the game, actually.

I don't understand why some of our fans let you post this kind of bullshit then choose to converse with you in a positive manner. So now you're trying to discredit our Peach Bowl win cause your Tigers weren't motivated huh? Man stfu and gtfoh.
I cannot control how you take it..I can only call it like I see it. There is no difference between Auburn's lack of motivation for the Peach Bowl than UCF's lack of motivation for the Military Bowl.

I think we caught lightning in a bottle the first time around with a generational QB, and the perfect combo of GOL’s old school style recruits and Frost’s under the radar speedy recruits. I don’t think it could be replicated.
Agreed.

I cannot control how you take it..I can only call it like I see it. There is no difference between Auburn's lack of motivation for the Peach Bowl than UCF's lack of motivation for the Military Bowl.
I don't see anyone here hiding behind talk about the team being unmotivated. We got beat. The better team won.

I can't speak to Auburn in 2017. I'd think they'd be highly motivated to knock off an NC.

The Auburn spin is bs . Just look up the AL.com articles of Killins and our players talking sh*t and saying they couldn’t handle our speed and Auburn responding to it . They were aware and wanted to shut up UCF

The Auburn spin is bs . Just look up the AL.com articles of Killins and our players talking sh*t and saying they couldn’t handle our speed and Auburn responding to it . They were aware and wanted to shut up UCF
The DL that body slammed Killins to the turf sure seemed motivated.

But it doesn't matter, the best team on that day ALWAYS wins.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
I don’t know of any athlete who competes that doesn’t give their best effort on the field….these kids have all been alphas and used to being the top dog dominating other players on the field…they don’t roll over for anyone and allow anyone to beat them because they’re not motivated.

UCF was better than Auburn in the Peach bowl…..Auburn gave their best effort and wasn’t good enough…but if it makes you feel better about getting beat…keep spinning the loss…that not motivated stuff is garbage

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I don’t know of any athlete who competes that doesn’t give their best effort on the field….these kids have all been alphas and used to being the top dog dominating other players on the field…they don’t roll over for anyone and allow anyone to beat them because they’re not motivated.

UCF was better than Auburn in the Peach bowl…..Auburn gave their best effort and wasn’t good enough…but if it makes you feel better about getting beat…keep spinning the loss…that not motivated stuff is garbage
More than 17k fans will be at Jerry World tomorrow. Period. /thread

More than 17k fans will be at Jerry World tomorrow. Period. /thread
Attendance reflects fan apathy…not player effort….I didn’t see one Auburn player allowing themselves to be tackled on offense or pancaked on defense….players don’t allow anyone to own them On the field…they’re competitors who know they won’t play if they don’t show full effort on film…they’re plenty motivated because they don’t want to lose their starting spot

Reactions: OtterKnight
I absolutely HATE the “they weren’t motivated” argument for when a favored team loses in a bowl game. When you step on that field, you’re essentially at least motivated to not get embarrassed on national television, and to not get completely physically destroyed. But everyone on that field wants to win just as much as any other game, if not more.

What I do think holds some water is “overlooking” an opponent. That might take the form of not doing as much film study as you should do because you’re a bit overconfident that your physical advantages will win out. But lack of motivation? Get out of here with that

Attendance reflects fan apathy…not player effort….I didn’t see one Auburn player allowing themselves to be tackled on offense or pancaked on defense….players don’t allow anyone to own them On the field…they’re competitors who know they won’t play if they don’t show full effort on film…they’re plenty motivated because they don’t want to lose their starting spot
Dude, you are being ridiculous or naive.

Fans have a HUGE impact on football. These players do not exist in vacuums. They get earfuls from their parents, friends and family, and social media all the time. All of those outside factors affect their motivations.

Player motivation and team momentum is directly tied to fan apathy and engagement. Auburn and LSU are holy terrors to play at home at night under the lights when the crowds are rocking. Prior to this season, UCF had lost only two home games in several years and those losses were attributed to empty stadiums during COVID (i.e., no fans/fan apathy).

You cannot possibly believe that fans don't affect the game positively and negatively. Do you really think UCF losses to Navy if the game is played at night in the Bounce House on ESPN? Hell no!

I am not saying UCF didn't beat Auburn in 2017. I am only saying Auburn and UCF weren't playing in the CFP where a win meant moving on to play in the title game. I am saying Auburn fans AND players weren't as interested in the game as they would have been under different circumstances. They weren't as motivated. If you think that takes luster off your Peach Bowl victory then that's your fault.

With regard to UCF and the Military Bowl, EVERY UCF football player who was interviewed this season was asked about winning the AAC conference. If you don't think that was a major letdown when it didn't happen, you are kidding yourself.

The Military Bowl did not matter.

Dude, you are being ridiculous or naive.

Fans have a HUGE impact on football. These players do not exist in vacuums. They get earfuls from their parents, friends and family, and social media all the time. All of those outside factors affect their motivations.

Player motivation and team momentum is directly tied to fan apathy and engagement. Auburn and LSU are holy terrors to play at home at night under the lights when the crowds are rocking. Prior to this season, UCF had lost only two home games in several years and those losses were attributed to empty stadiums during COVID (i.e., no fans/fan apathy).

You cannot possibly believe that fans don't affect the game positively and negatively. Do you really think UCF losses to Navy if the game is played at night in the Bounce House on ESPN? Hell no!

I am not saying UCF didn't beat Auburn in 2017. I am only saying Auburn and UCF weren't playing in the CFP where a win meant moving on to play in the title game. I am saying Auburn fans AND players weren't as interested in the game as they would have been under different circumstances. They weren't as motivated. If you think that takes luster off your Peach Bowl victory then that's your fault.

With regard to UCF and the Military Bowl, EVERY UCF football player who was interviewed this season was asked about winning the AAC conference. If you don't think that was a major letdown when it didn't happen, you are kidding yourself.

The Military Bowl did not matter.
Ha….Well….I was at the Peach bowl and there were thousands of “Unmotivated” Auburn fans who paid for tickets, paid for flights, paid for hotel rooms, and drove great distances to a game that “did not matter”.

To think any top athlete is going to allow another player to embarrass them on national TV is the epitome of being out of touch with how competitors think and naive….not to mention the wrath they’d catch from their coach if they even got a whiff of anything not close to full effort on the field.

….but think what you want to take the sting off a loss….UCF lost because Duke played better…not because we didn’t try our best or weren’t motivated…..that’s ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT