ADVERTISEMENT

How often do you wash your jeans?

Happy Hands

Golden Knight
Sep 18, 2009
I was looking at my favorite pair of Jean's this weekend and I realized I hadn't washed them in maybe a month. I don't do that with shirts, underwear, socks, etc, just jeans(and maybe hoodies). Is that nasty or just the way life should be?

I was looking at my favorite pair of Jean's this weekend and I realized I hadn't washed them in maybe a month. I don't do that with shirts, underwear, socks, etc, just jeans(and maybe hoodies). Is that nasty or just the way life should be?

Great question. I wash everything else every single time I wear them. I'm not sure why jeans are different.

Reactions: Knight_Light
That's nasty. They start to develop an odor after about 2-3 days of wear.

Just depends on if I was working in them and what I'm doing the next day. I'll wear the same pair for 3 days in a row if they aren't nasty and then wash on the weekend.

wash them every couple weeks. but i work in an office building so its not like they ever get dirty. if im out doing stuff around the house, ill wash them after a days work.

Every couple of weeks. If I feel like they're getting a little stale, I'll Febreze and put in dryer for a bit.

Jeans aren't meant to be washed often. Although, if you're out sweating in them that's a different story.

Depends on if you wear boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs, etc...
I mean, let's face it (I know, TMI, but ...), bacteria build-up occurs most in the pits of your crotch.
And then it's a matter of how 'sensitive' you are to bacteria.

I'm a boxer-brief guy, so ...
I wash my slacks and kaikis after every 2 days of wear, and jeans (which I only wear on the weekends sometimes) after every weekend I wear them.
But I've moved to kaikis for the most part these days.

Every couple of weeks. If I feel like they're getting a little stale, I'll Febreze and put in dryer for a bit.

Jeans aren't meant to be washed often. Although, if you're out sweating in them that's a different story.
Febreze. That's genius. I've done the dryer trick on super wrinkly jeans but Febreze would be a whole different level of masking my laziness.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Febreze. That's genius. I've done the dryer trick on super wrinkly jeans but Febreze would be a whole different level of masking my laziness.
Fabreze was my emergency washer when I had to stay an extra day at a client.

I have two pairs of jeans that I wear occasionally (maybe 3 times per month, total for both) and I probably wash mine every three months or so. Actually, I don't wash them, I take them to the cleaners. I can't tell you the last time I washed a pair of my jeans in my own washer/dryer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/levis-ceo-dont-wash-your-jeans-2014-7

Earlier this year, Levi's CEO Chip Bergh revealed that he hasn't washed his jeans in more than a year.

He also says that not washing the jeans helps them last longer.

He spot cleans his jeans with a washcloth, "if they aren't a total mess."

On the rare occasion the denim does need a wash, he handwashes and hang dries them.

Now we know who else buys that stupid teenager body spray crap that you can smell from 27 feet away and that will linger for 43 mins after they pass...because they are too lazy to wash their dang smelly clothes.

I have two pairs of jeans that I wear occasionally (maybe 3 times per month, total for both) and I probably wash mine every three months or so. Actually, I don't wash them, I take them to the cleaners. I can't tell you the last time I washed a pair of my jeans in my own washer/dryer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/levis-ceo-dont-wash-your-jeans-2014-7

Earlier this year, Levi's CEO Chip Bergh revealed that he hasn't washed his jeans in more than a year.

He also says that not washing the jeans helps them last longer.

He spot cleans his jeans with a washcloth, "if they aren't a total mess."

On the rare occasion the denim does need a wash, he handwashes and hang dries them.

I'm with you. Jeans...I don't wash for like a month, maybe two months if I'm being honest (unless they are really bad). I don't wear them that often though.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
Now we know who else buys that stupid teenager body spray crap that you can smell from 27 feet away and that will linger for 43 mins after they pass...because they are too lazy to wash their dang smelly clothes.
^^^ This is the [non-UCF related] PotY ... totally

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT