ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical: 13 vs 17

UCFKNIGHTS88

Silver Knight
Nov 8, 2008
Haven’t seen this question raised but who you got Ucf 13 or 17? (Assuming 13 is O’Leary’s goat team)

Might be unpopular, but I think I’m going with 13 as of now. What we do in bowl game might change that. Think we had more talent on both sides of the ball there. O’Leary would have shit a brick if today with that defense.

Bortles would tear up the 17 defense! It’s hard to tell, will be more clear after the bowl game.

You guys think O’leary watches any of the games?

see both sides but '17's offense is way more entertaining and explosive.

This season lived on the ropes the last 2 games. 2013 had at least 4 games like that vs teams w losing records(Temple, SMU, USF)

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
13 beat 2 legit top 10 teams away from home. Beat a Penn State team in happy valley that while not great, were a good team that made a bowl. Only loss was by 3 to the #4 team. O’leary ball made a lot of the games closer than they should have been, but they were more tested. 17 still has something to prove.

Reactions: KMF-UCF
see both sides but '17's offense is way more entertaining and explosive.

This season lived on the ropes the last 2 games. 2013 had at least 4 games like that vs teams w losing records(Temple, SMU, USF)
I have excuses:
Temple- mostly just a bad second quarter, but it gave us "the catch"

SMU- game played in a horrible ice storm which was an equalizer.

USF- stupid turnovers-3 fumbles, 2 ints. Rivalry game and still won.

2013 Team. 2017 team has a very exciting offense but just look at the number of future pros on the 2013 team. I know this team will too but I don't see us turning the ball over at all vs this current defense.

13. No doubt. That team was battle tested from tough, close losses in 2012, and they won the Fiesta Bowl. Schedule was tougher. Better wins. The defense was better. We had an NFL QB and RB. We could spread people out. We could pound it down thier throat.

The 17 team is still young and we'll have Milton for two more seasons (along with a majority of the current players). They haven't played thier NY6 bowl yet. It's an impressive squad with great grit and execution. They are definitely #2.

17 team would take advantage of injured 13 defense.
13 wide receivers are unmatched.
13 defense have better tacklers.
Fleming was 3rd string DC.
17 team would beat 13 Baylor squad :)

Haven’t seen this question raised but who you got Ucf 13 or 17? (Assuming 13 is O’Leary’s goat team)

Might be unpopular, but I think I’m going with 13 as of now. What we do in bowl game might change that. Think we had more talent on both sides of the ball there. O’Leary would have shit a brick if today with that defense.

simple.....on Offense, '17...on Defense '13.....

overall.....if we win the bowl game '17 because we'll be undefeated....if we lose the bowl game '13 because we ended on a high....

13 beat 2 legit top 10 teams away from home. Beat a Penn State team in happy valley that while not great, were a good team that made a bowl. Only loss was by 3 to the #4 team. O’leary ball made a lot of the games closer than they should have been, but they were more tested. 17 still has something to prove.
We probably wouldn't be undefeated against the 2013 schedule.

Thought call. 13 had a tougher schedule but 17 has been putting up video game numbers

Don't forget though, this 2017 beat the dogsnot out of a lot of teams this year. SMU, USF and Memphis 2 were the only really tough games. And just about all of those were due to turnovers.

I will make my up my mind after the bowl game. It's hard to beat the 13 team. I don't think I will put the 17 team ahead of 13, but when Milton is a Sr. that team may overtake the 13 team. I hope by then we will have our defense worked out.

Isn't our offense today much like Baylor's in '13? Storm Johnson spends much of the day cruising past the 2nd level, the poor '17 secondary can't deal with Hall, Reese, Godfrey, Worton, Perriman....and George plays a classic bend like a MF-er but not break defense for a win.

Isn't our offense today much like Baylor's in '13? Storm Johnson spends much of the day cruising past the 2nd level, the poor '17 secondary can't deal with Hall, Reese, Godfrey, Worton, Perriman....and George plays a classic bend like a MF-er but not break defense for a win.
How is our defense today much different than that defense? 42 points is a lot in the Fiesta bowl against the defense

2013 would force a slow game on this team and win something like 31-28 with a last second field goal in true cardiac kids fashion.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
How is our defense today much different than that defense? 42 points is a lot in the Fiesta bowl against the defense

WTF......seriously? 14 of those 42 points were garbage time scores...the '13 defense could TACKLE. I HATE watching the '17 secondary whiff constantly.

WTF......seriously? 14 of those 42 points were garbage time scores...the '13 defense could TACKLE. I HATE watching the '17 secondary whiff constantly.
WTF and we held Memphis to 7 points before a garbage time score in October. These guys are tired now

That Baylor offense was the highest scoring offense of any team this century. They needed garbage time to get to 42.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT