ADVERTISEMENT

I absolutely love our coach

I hope he stays, but If Nebraska wants him they own a big part of his heart, and can throw serious $$$ his way. Had the big 12 expanded I think our upside is higher than Neb. but in the AAC we are fighting from a huge hole.

Reactions: UCFProf
One play sticks out to me which was the ensuing possession after Maryland cut the lead to 21-10. GOL ball would have run 3 times into the line and tried to milk the clock. Frost called a pass on the first offensive play and Milton hit Akins down the seam for 20+ yards. This spurred a 9 play drive that kept the defense off the field and took us into the 4th quarter. Frost knew UCF was the better team and was unafraid to go for more points. GOL ball would have necessitated trying to hold a lead against an inferior team.

One play sticks out to me which was the ensuing possession after Maryland cut the lead to 21-10. GOL ball would have run 3 times into the line and tried to milk the clock. Frost called a pass on the first offensive play and Milton hit Akins down the seam for 20+ yards. This spurred a 9 play drive that kept the defense off the field and took us into the 4th quarter. Frost knew UCF was the better team and was unafraid to go for more points. GOL ball would have necessitated trying to hold a lead against an inferior team.
What stuck in my mind was the dagger to the throat: Killins scamper for a TD. We'd been setting that up the entire game with speed sweeps, mostly by Killins. And Maryland got a look at big back Richardson late in the 2nd Qtr who was stopped on an outside run. So when we inserted Cordarian and put him in motion, they bit on the fake handoff to the left. When Killins instead got the ball and went right, nobody ever touched him. You could see last hopes disappear from Terps' faces.

Yeah I was in a 'here we go again' OOC game mode after that Maryland TD scared the team would get too timid trying to run clock. Our offense is real fun to watch with how they are using multiple TEs in the passing game

Reactions: KnightLife1
Yeah I was in a 'here we go again' OOC game mode after that Maryland TD scared the team would get too timid trying to run clock. Our offense is real fun to watch with how they are using multiple TEs in the passing game
The OLine was key. With Tyler back part time and extra weeks to come together, nobody touched Milton and there were crucial holes to run through. Also, Frost gets portrayed too much for him Oregon-ball schemes. But we're now seeing his greatest strength: getting players to believe in themselves, bond as a team, and take ownership in their success.

Reactions: 2DogKnight
What about all those smirky looks from Maryland's head coach??? He knew he was beat and looked frustrated with no answers. His look was one like, "damn i'm getting beat and there is nothing I can do about it"... This game was a full team win with especially a great job by the coaching staff.

What about all those smirky looks from Maryland's head coach??? He knew he was beat and looked frustrated with no answers. His look was one like, "damn i'm getting beat and there is nothing I can do about it"... This game was a full team win with especially a great job by the coaching staff.
Camera stayed mostly on him, because obviously that's where the action is. Finally, they began showing the UCF section screaming their lungs out.

Its almost like the national media doesn't want to cover us and then when forced to do a pretty good job. They obviously want to cover and pump up the bigger conference teams. Now I suspect the national media to just skip how good we are and the narrative will be when is Scott Frost going to Nebraska.
Always been so. Perhaps with White's impact on all UCF sports, they'll start to view us as a powerhouse athletic program, which will help us get attention in each sport.

Reactions: Central Floridave
Its almost like the national media doesn't want to cover us and then when forced to do a pretty good job. They obviously want to cover and pump up the bigger conference teams. Now I suspect the national media to just skip how good we are and the narrative will be when is Scott Frost going to Nebraska.

it's definitely frustrating to see how the national media tries to characterize UCF. They treat us like we are a one stoplight direction tiny school with nothing going for it while ignoring that without the constraints of Conference Affiliation 'holding us down' Orlando has all the ingredients to become "Florida's Austin". It's uniquely set up to be an amazing Power 5 College Market.

it's definitely frustrating to see how the national media tries to characterize UCF. They treat us like we are a one stoplight direction tiny school with nothing going for it while ignoring that without the constraints of Conference Affiliation 'holding us down' Orlando has all the ingredients to become "Florida's Austin". It's uniquely set up to be an amazing Power 5 College Market.
We need a more attainable "comparable." Austin's wealthy and we're king of low wage jobs. They've got oil and technology and we got tourism. They're a top state school that puts UF to shame with an endowment the size of Texas St and only 1/25 UT's $3.64 billion. U.S. ranks Austin the best place to live among major metro areas; Orlando is #40 even below Little Rock, Rochester, NY, and Harrisburg, PA. Lastly, UT has the largest athletic budget in the nation while UCF's is barely on the map.

We need a more attainable "comparable." Austin's wealthy and we're king of low wage jobs. They've got oil and technology and we got tourism. They're a top state school that puts UF to shame with an endowment the size of Texas St and only 1/25 UT's $3.64 billion. U.S. ranks Austin the best place to live among major metro areas; Orlando is #40 even below Little Rock, Rochester, NY, and Harrisburg, PA. Lastly, UT has the largest athletic budget in the nation while UCF's is barely on the map.

I was speaking in terms of the type of sports market. Tv market size, central location to the rest of the State's fertile recruiting, number of Pro teams(just NBA) within 60 miles, etc.

Orlando has its issues but as a market for a College Football Coach it has to be near the top of the list of quality of life options when a lot of these other P5 coaches have to reside in places like Lubbock or Starkville.

Reactions: Mikesi
Camera stayed mostly on him, because obviously that's where the action is. Finally, they began showing the UCF section screaming their lungs out.

Also because that was a Big Ten TV Contract game (FOX SPORTS) so not surprised the cameras would focus more on "their" product that they cover.

Also because that was a Big Ten TV Contract game (FOX SPORTS) so not surprised the cameras would focus more on "their" product that they cover.
That sure explain a lot. The good side is that Big Ten get to see us a lot, as we've played Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St., etc. Makes no sense to play Big 12 schools (which plays the AAC the most) because they are most likely to fold and have already dissed us twice.

I was speaking in terms of the type of sports market. Tv market size, central location to the rest of the State's fertile recruiting, number of Pro teams(just NBA) within 60 miles, etc.

Orlando has its issues but as a market for a College Football Coach it has to be near the top of the list of quality of life options when a lot of these other P5 coaches have to reside in places like Lubbock or Starkville.
Exactly. Also, the comparable that I like: Texas lost to Maryland, while we beat Maryland by 4 touchdowns!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT