ADVERTISEMENT

I assume the old staff got rings as well...

It’s difficult to say if they are genuine or have their own agenda. Probably a combination of both. Can’t say it’s a bad thing 100%. There are certainly more douchebag ex-coaches than those that went to Nobraska. Probably most of the ex-coaches are.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Listen, we can hate the old staff all we want, but Scott Frost was there and it isn't like any Nebraska players were.

Perhaps but I am a little bit more skeptical in that it is somewhat self serving in terms of recruiting......

Reactions: Mikesi
Perhaps but I am a little bit more skeptical in that it is somewhat self serving in terms of recruiting......
They have an agenda. They are smart and slick. On the surface it looks all warm and fuzzy. That’s fine. Our guy is happy. It means a lot to him, so......, I’ll let it slide. Haha

They have an agenda. They are smart and slick. On the surface it looks all warm and fuzzy. That’s fine. Our guy is happy. It means a lot to him, so......, I’ll let it slide. Haha

⬆︎This⬆︎

Last edited:
If Troy Walters doesn't want his National Champions ring then I'll be happy to take it off his hands. Seeing as how it doesn't seem very valuable to him, I'll put in a bid of 500 bucks for it.

Unlike him, I'd wear it every GD day and wear it with pride, too.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
Jesus H...you all realize that by saying stuff like that you're saying they really don't have relationships with these players and the whole family thing was always a fraud. Listen to yourselves, its ridiculous.

No. We are a bit more skeptical. Call in cynical even.

Listen to yourself. We aren’t as gullible. You have your opinion and we have ours. Yes, some of them have some relationships with past players AND they have their own agendas. They HAVE TO SUCCEED AT NOBRASKA at all costs. It’s a dirty business sometimes and I accept is as just that.

I’m sure that they are thinking let’s use any excuse to get ourselves any exposure that we can. Show potential recruits that we are alive and out there. Show recruits and their families what great guys that they all are

Do I think that they generally care about Griffin? Yes I do. Do I think that they have an agenda to a degree? Yes I do

Again.., it’s an opinion thing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
No. We are a bit more skeptical. Call in cynical even.

Listen to yourself. We aren’t as gullible. You have your opinion and we have ours. Yes, some of them have some relationships with past players AND they have their own agendas. They HAVE TO SUCCEED AT NOBRASKA at all costs. It’s a dirty business sometimes and I accept is as just that.

I’m sure that they are thinking let’s use any excuse to get ourselves any exposure that we can. Show potential recruits that we are alive and out there. Show recruits and their families what great guys that they all are

Do I think that they generally care about Griffin? Yes I do. Do I think that they have an agenda to a degree? Yes I do

Again.., it’s an opinion thing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Bingo!

Skeptical ✔️
Cynical ✔️
Ridiculous ❌

Yes they had relationships, yes they probably still care but make no mistake ......they are all well aware of the optics and the intrinsic value of being seen with THE most high profile player to be drafted outside the first round in years if not ever. The social media and press exposure that Shaq has been getting has been through the roof. Why not reap the benefits of national exposure with potential recruits. They are taking a chapter right out of DW's playbook!

Bingo!

Skeptical ✔️
Cynical ✔️
Ridiculous ❌

Yes they had relationships, yes they probably still care but make no mistake ......they are all well aware of the optics and the intrinsic value of being seen with THE most high profile player to be drafted outside the first round in years if not ever. The social media and press exposure that Shaq has been getting has been through the roof. Why not reap the benefits of national exposure with potential recruits. They are taking a chapter right out of DW's playbook!
Exactly and Bingo +1. :joy:[cheers]

I'm cool with it. Without SF, Shaq is stuck in the depth chart behind Clarke, Hughes, Moore at CB.

What are all the Nobraska fans going to say that they are not hanging out and taking pictures with their guys at the draft? Where is our buddy Troy? He really could use the exposure.

Track suit should make an appearance :joy:

I'm cool with it. Without SF, Shaq is stuck in the depth chart behind Clarke, Hughes, Moore at CB.

Sure, most people including myself don't have any issue and are cool with it but make no mistake it is precisely what Mikesi said.........

They have an agenda. They are smart and slick. On the surface it looks all warm and fuzzy. That’s fine. Our guy is happy. It means a lot to him, so......

It’s probably not going to effect UCF recruiting in any way or anything negative about this, but the point is (well none really since it’s past history), is that people aren’t always what they appear to be on the surface. Additionally, it’s exploitation in a way, although Shaq Griffin is good with it and it’s HiS time to shine in the spotlight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT