ADVERTISEMENT

I blame Gus!

BennyZ

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
The game was amazing. I had a great time, the rain came down and I still stayed, jumping and screaming as loud as my 61 year old body would let me. After the game We went back to @UCF_SystemsEng house and we were relaxing watching more football. Suddenly, while just sitting on the couch I started to feel strange. Then my trusty Apple Watch tells me my heart is in AFIB. We called an ambulance and sure enough I am in AFIB. Off to the Hospital I go. After they Zapped me twice my heart was back in sinus rhythm. I am back home and fine.

This team caused me to jump up and down and scream and go crazy while in the pouring rain, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. The funny part was that while I was in the hospital, the nurse told me she had 2 other patients check in on Saturday evening with heart issues that were also at the UCF game.

So I would recommend that everybody takes care of themselves, and I am the second person I know that was warned by their Apple Watch about being in AFIB. I am glad that I have the thing now. I bought it for that specific reason and it actually worked!

For those wondering, I am fine. I am on a new med and baby aspirin and will be following up with a local cardiologist. The food at AdventHealth East Orlando sucks and they have 2 people in a room which is not ideal, but the nurses and doctors seemed fine and I feel I got good care.

Also, a shout out to Brightline that I never thought I would use, but my wife decided that I should not drive myself home, so she rode the Brightline up and drove me home.

I huge thanks to @UCF_SystemsEng and Mrs. Systemeng for everything!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.