ADVERTISEMENT

I hate the off-season…

Becoming a bit of an annual tradition with the defense since 2020.

Reactions: UCFBS
Damn hope he gets it together. I remember when they dropped charges against Ray Cutts and I was so relieved. Then a few days later they got new evidence and they stuck. Or something like that. I was looking at him to be a big part in the defense so it was deflating for me and I felt bad for him. Still, we have to police character issues on the team.

Reactions: Yaes and tjb74
Damn hope he gets it together. I remember when they dropped charges against Ray Cutts and I was so relieved. Then a few days later they got new evidence and they stuck. Or something like that. I was looking at him to be a big part in the defense so it was deflating for me and I felt bad for him. Still, we have to police character issues on the team.
Repeat offender. Everyone stayed away but UCF.

Reactions: UCFBS and Yaes
Repeat offender. Everyone stayed away but UCF.
First and foremost, I hope Lewis gets his life straightened out. But this exacerbates the major concerns about our D in general and especially the LB's. Williams has to get this figured out. Can't lose great talent and good citizens (like Bethune) and replace them with guys like this.

How do you know he was a repeat offender? source?
It’s known. Do a Google search for the specifics. I live in Miami and have tracked his recruitment for years. Why do you think he went to Maryland? Later went in the portal and had no offers?

Reactions: PhDee
Do not understand why he gets involved in someone else’s argument.

The Linebacker room might as well be a broom closet.
Obaski has a shot to play LB.

And last year many pointed that Eriq Gilyard left because lack of playing time at LB.

LB is just going to be a weak spot. Bethune leaves, Gilyard leaves, Joyce leaves, and Mosier injured. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for LB

Reactions: tjb74
LB is just going to be a weak spot. Bethune leaves, Gilyard leaves, Joyce leaves, and Mosier injured. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for LB
Things going wrong is an acceptable explanation when injuries are involved. But 3 of the 4 left and that's not just things going wrong, it's mismanagement. Williams better get this position under control or, if I were Gus, he'd be under the microscope. For Williams sake, I hope that the other 2 LB's are as good as advertised (and stay out of trouble).

Things going wrong is an acceptable explanation when injuries are involved. But 3 of the 4 left and that's not just things going wrong, it's mismanagement. Williams better get this position under control or, if I were Gus, he'd be under the microscope. For Williams sake, I hope that the other 2 LB's are as good as advertised (and stay out of trouble).
Reminiscent of 2020 when the DB depth was decimated and the team was constantly torched. Offense is going to have to be better than 2021, because defense is going to have holes.

We're going to have to really own the time of possession this Fall.

Fill me in, I must have missed it. What happened to Quade Mosier? Did he get hurt in the Spring Game? Didn’t hear anything about it.

So LB depth is down to JJB, Kroll (UAB), the FCS transfer (Johnson), and…?

Branden Jennings still an option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fill me in, I must have missed it. What happened to Quade Mosier? Did he get hurt in the Spring Game? Didn’t hear anything about it.

So LB depth is down to JJB, the FCS transfer (Johnson), and…?

Branden Jennings still an option?
Add the UAB transfer (Kris Moll) and a couple of younger guys who could develop. Bottom line, Moll and Johnson (the two transfers) will have to contribute significantly. Williams has to be scouring the transfers for another LB now (assuming Lewis is out) and Jennings is an option although he was friends with Lewis so who knows? A problem here is that Williams is not only the DC but the LB coach so he appears to have screwed this up royally. Sounds like we need a LB coach not named Williams.

So, again…Mosier? Anyone know what happened to him (and when?).

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if either Joyce or Leonard would consider returning after this Lewis situation. Probably not likely, but not impossible. They left looking for an opportunity, but maybe the opportunity is back at UCF. I think we forget that the portal doesn’t always mean gone, and it’s tough to find another school looking/willing to take another guy at this stage. Neither would be a huge upgrade, but we just need bodies at this point.

Reactions: tjb74

Anybody with knowledge on this subject? To my untrained ear it sounds like misdemeanor battery is less severe than domestic violence?

Reactions: Knight Strength

Anybody with knowledge on this subject? To my untrained ear it sounds like misdemeanor battery is less severe than domestic violence?
Sounds like the one hit doesn't wanna implicate anything or press charges. Officers showed up seen harm automatic booking wouldn't be surprised if charges are dropped altogether. Hopefully a learning experience for this young man.

Terrence hasn’t gone into hiding. He has a few new post on IG this morning like nothing happened so I am reading this as a good sign.

Sounds like the one hit doesn't wanna implicate anything or press charges. Officers showed up seen harm automatic booking wouldn't be surprised if charges are dropped altogether. Hopefully a learning experience for this young man.
If its indeed a family member, it wouldn't be surprised if there is internal family pressure not to derail his path to the NFL. Rumors he had another altercation back in high school with striking a female, if I was the coaching staff I would be inquiring details regardless of whether how police handled it. Otherwise sounds like you got another football player that keeps getting the rule bent for them until they get caught on video or does something severe enough not to be ignored.

Reactions: PhDee

I don’t know who he hit but domestic has to be someone you live with or have lived with. Or share a child with. Just a cousin or Aunt you don’t live with doesn’t apply. He was issued bail before seeing judge and it was reduced to $1500 so it’s simple battery now. I’m sure that could change or charges could be dropped as well.

I don’t know who he hit but domestic has to be someone you live with or have lived with. Or share a child with. Just a cousin or Aunt you don’t live with doesn’t apply. He was issued bail before seeing judge and it was reduced to $1500 so it’s simple battery now. I’m sure that could change or charges could be dropped as well.
While Florida is not a mandatory arrest state on domestic violence (without a protective order in place) where there is evidence of physical injury, I believe it is common for officers to perform an arrest upon determining probable cause to separate the individuals. All you need for domestic is for one of the parties to claim that he's staying there. The police aren't going to stay there all night playing judge and jury. If it looks like he's staying there, it's a domestic arrest. The prosecutor will do with it what the prosecutor will do. I don't know how the SA's office down there works but I can guess given the political makeup of the area that Lewis will get as much leniency as possible.

Not knowing any of the information behind this, there's a whole range of possibilities where he should stay in this school and on the team and a whole range that he should not. It's almost impossible to speculate based upon the simple fact that there was an arrest.

Reactions: Knight Strength
While Florida is not a mandatory arrest state on domestic violence (without a protective order in place) where there is evidence of physical injury, I believe it is common for officers to perform an arrest upon determining probable cause to separate the individuals. All you need for domestic is for one of the parties to claim that he's staying there. The police aren't going to stay there all night playing judge and jury. If it looks like he's staying there, it's a domestic arrest. The prosecutor will do with it what the prosecutor will do. I don't know how the SA's office down there works but I can guess given the political makeup of the area that Lewis will get as much leniency as possible.

Not knowing any of the information behind this, there's a whole range of possibilities where he should stay in this school and on the team and a whole range that he should not. It's almost impossible to speculate based upon the simple fact that there was an arrest.
For Domestic you can’t be released before seeing judge. He was let go well before courts opened. Was also only $1500 bond. It’s moving away from domestic and into simple battery. Still not good to have police called on you.

Reactions: sk8knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT