ADVERTISEMENT

I hate the off-season…

For Domestic you can’t be released before seeing judge. He was let go well before courts opened. Was also only $1500 bond. It’s moving away from domestic and into simple battery. Still not good to have police called on you.
My wife is an officer and I hear all kinds of stories. Enough to know that nothing is ever as simple as it seems on the surface. Especially when you have some officers that handle incidents such as this by just taking the expedient route. All that said, kid better have a damn good story for Gus.

Reactions: Knight Strength
In a statement sent to the Orlando Sentinel, Malzahn spoke out about Lewis’ arrest and how the team will handle it moving forward.

“We’re still gathering information right now and once we do, we’ll handle it appropriately,” Malzahn said in the statement.

Shit like this is so stupid....if you have a story, tell it....this cryptic garbage just makes someone look dumb and guilty.
You must have never been involved in a court case. The lawyer advises you to not say anything because you never know how what you say will affect things.

If its indeed a family member, it wouldn't be surprised if there is internal family pressure not to derail his path to the NFL. Rumors he had another altercation back in high school with striking a female, if I was the coaching staff I would be inquiring details regardless of whether how police handled it. Otherwise sounds like you got another football player that keeps getting the rule bent for them until they get caught on video or does something severe enough not to be ignored.
If charges are dropped you let him back on the team. Tell him if this thing happens again he's done. You leave it at that.

Last edited:
Anybody with knowledge on this subject? To my untrained ear it sounds like misdemeanor battery is less severe than domestic violence?
So it’s all good that he keeps punching women in the face?

Last edited:
Proven guilty? sorry i can't find the source
Look it up, it’s not too hard.
It’s called Google. Dude got kicked out of that high school for it. Why do you think he went to Maryland and then to UCF?

Curiosity killed the cat.

If charges are dropped you let him back on the team. Tell him if this thing happens again he's done. You leave it at that.

So Malzahn should take the Urban Meyer approach and avoid the situation?

I googled it, still can't find proof. can you post a link of proof please?
Look you can play ignorant all you want. Dude has a history of punching women in the face. It’s not a court of law of being proven guilty situation.

Look you can play ignorant all you want. Dude has a history of punching women in the face. It’s not a court of law of being proven guilty situation.
I asked you to provide evidence and proof and you still haven't. I am not ignorant, I am just not knowledgable and am asking for insights!

If you can't post a simple link with proof as you describe is so easy to find, then it makes it sound like there isn't proof.

I asked you to provide evidence and proof and you still haven't. I am not ignorant, I am just not knowledgable and am asking for insights! If you can't post a simple link with proof as you describe is so easy to find, then it makes it sound like there isn't proof.
You want an article on it? Everyone that follows recruiting knows about it. Dude enjoys punching women in the face.

You want an article on it? Everyone that follows recruiting knows about it. Dude enjoys punching women in the face.
I didn't start following recruiting till just recently so I am not knowledgeable.

Just one link with some evidence, but you still can't

chuckle at how arrogant Miami fans are about recruiting but it is a Program that loves to win the offseason
Who exactly is being arrogant about recruiting for Miami? As a Miami fan, this guy decommited to Miami not once, not twice but three times. There is nothing to be proud about in this situation as a Miami fan....

I'm pretty sure he punched a female teacher in HS (could be wrong, it's been a while)

If you're saying Miami fans are arrogant be/c we are claiming we didn't want him? Then yes, that is true. I would argue those UCF fans who claimed UCF stole him as a transfer from Miami when he didn't have an offer is arrogant.

What did Urban Meyer do wrong? What did Urban avoid, please share specifics
Urban Meyer ignored/downplayed Aaron Hernandez incidents with the law in UF. That situation seemed to involve more coverup.

However, you implied that the staff should drop the issue and not question what happened after charges are dropped. Police doesn't always get it right, and as a representative of UCF I would think the university would want to know exactly what happened and determine whether they feel he is the type of person that should be on campus.

Reactions: PhDee
Urban Meyer ignored/downplayed Aaron Hernandez incidents with the law in UF. That situation seemed to involve more coverup.

However, you implied that the staff should drop the issue and not question what happened after charges are dropped. Police doesn't always get it right, and as a representative of UCF I would think the university would want to know exactly what happened and determine whether they feel he is the type of person that should be on campus.
Gotcha.

I do think they should try and figure out what happened and pay attention to all the details that come out. But in terms of being an investigator and trying to do police-type work is slippery, they are not a police department or a court. I just don't know the right balance, if that makes sense.

If the charges are dropped, then it's in the player's best interest to just say they didn't do it to the coaches (regardless of what they did or didn't do). What is the player going to reveal to coaches if the player is cleared by the courts? The best strategy is to reveal nothing. I just don't know what more the university could find out on its own and what the player would reveal.

Last edited:
It would pay dividends for an Athletic Department to have Investigators or even Campus Police Detectives on retainer and conduct their own investigations. You don’t just ask the athlete and wait for Clerk of Courts to update online.

It would pay dividends for an Athletic Department to have Investigators or even Campus Police Detectives on retainer and conduct their own investigations. You don’t just ask the athlete and wait for Clerk of Courts to update online.
Art Briles could have used that to save himself.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
If we only discussed our areas of expertise on this football board, this place would only have a couple of posters.
Haha… very true. I’ll be happy to answer any questions about commercial insurance... Anyone? Anyone?
To be honest, I retired 7 years ago (at age 50) and already forgot almost everything I learned about the insurance game. 😜

Haha… very true. I’ll be happy to answer any questions about commercial insurance... Anyone? Anyone?
To be honest, I retired 7 years ago (at age 50) and already forgot almost everything I learned about the insurance game. 😜
Story of my life. But I can still remember cartoon character names from decades ago. Memory is a funny thing.

Reactions: Drew-C-F
If you followed his recruitment, it was pretty widely excepted and not really a point of contention.
If it was excepted then it didn’t happen. I’m sure you mean accepted but the issue with that is that social media (including these boards and services) is in no way the arbiter of truth or guilt.

There is obviously something up with him. Something did happened this week, whether the charges are dropped, something happened.

Also back in 2020 the #1 rated LB with offers to virtually every school in the nation, and commits to Maryland the day before signing. The same Maryland that was still dealing with the fallout of the DJ Durkin scandal just two years earlier, and went 10-20 in the previous 3 seasons.

Just a lot of weird circumstances, and an actual incident that warranted police intervention.

The hope is that it pans out that he is a model citizen and impactful player, but his history isn't pointing in that direction.

Just a rumor.....do these Miami fans not look at their own history? That is where you can find real life convicts.
That rumor is the UCF reporter for Sports Illustrated. It’s more than a rumor. I’m hoping he gets another chance and turns his behavior around.

Reactions: DanManwUCFPlan
I'm hoping he never sees the light of day. Hitting teachers, gf's...the dude has serious fing problems and we should have nothing to do with him...nor should anyone else.

Lets put this POS to bed.

Reactions: DanManwUCFPlan
I'm hoping he never sees the light of day. Hitting teachers, gf's...the dude has serious fing problems and we should have nothing to do with him...nor should anyone else.

Lets put this POS to bed.
Out of curiosity, where did you stand on Mike Hughes playing for UCF?

ADVERTISEMENT