ADVERTISEMENT

I have procured a (partial) copy of what I believe to be the oldest surviving televised UCF game. From 1983 against Fort Lewis College

Vote for Rusty in 2022

Bronze Knight
Silver Member
Dec 28, 2021
This is (I believe) the oldest surviving UCF game that was televised (and it might actually be one of the first, too). I procured this from a private collecter that recorded this off his old VCR in Daytona Beach that year and converted it to digital before handing off to me. Unfortunately, all I have here is the 2nd half, but the production quality wasn't bad and it still has the vintage commercials. This is a proud find for me, since I have been looking for old UCF football games from the 80's.

EDIT: Sorry, but it wouldn't let me upload to YT so I can't embed it here so the link is to my GAB TV page. If someone else wants to download it and try to upload it to YT themselves, then go for it.

Link

Another mysteriously lost trophy, apparently. According to winsipedia, BCC ranks just behind ECU as most matchups. Memphis will tie them this year.

Another mysteriously lost trophy, apparently.
I actually posted about that a few months ago, believe it or not. To my knowledge, the last place someone saw it was in a storage shed on campus. Where is it now ? No idea. I have a few pictures of it.

This is (I believe) the oldest surviving UCF game that was televised (and it might actually be one of the first, too). I procured this from a private collecter that recorded this off his old VCR in Daytona Beach that year and converted it to digital before handing off to me. Unfortunately, all I have here is the 2nd half, but the production quality wasn't bad and it still has the vintage commercials. This is a proud find for me, since I have been looking for old UCF football games from the 80's.

EDIT: Sorry, but it wouldn't let me upload to YT so I can't embed it here so the link is to my GAB TV page. If someone else wants to download it and try to upload it to YT themselves, then go for it.

Link
That's awesome! THX Rust

Link
I had an old VHS tape of UCF vs Ga Southern (like 1989-ish) somewhere. Not sure if I still have it

Weird to have the TV coverage start more than one second before kickoff.

Uniforms look sharp. Names on jerseys.

Apparently we have a long tradition of not getting quiet on our own 4th downs :)

Georgia Southern Sports Network, it says.

I miss Sunshine Network and regional coverage. Compare the camera work here in 1990 to an ESPN/CBSCS game. I'm pretty sure most of our games now have zero cameras on the field. They couldn't even find a decent shot of our blocked FG last week.

Link

He ran more dipsee doodles than ben vareen does dancing 👍🏻

Ive got another goody here, folks. A Sports Illustrated article on Lou Saban, who was the UCF head coach in 1983.

What I love is how UCF had "big aspirations" even back then. In fact, we were already trying to get FSU on the schedule for 1989.

Nevertheless, Central Florida aspires to big-time football: appearances in the Orange Bowl, foam fingers waving No. 1. Says Athletic Director Bill Peterson, "Florida State is already penciled in on our 1989 schedule." Thank heaven pencils have erasers. But what the heck, what better place for fantasy than in Mickey Mouse's shadow?

https://vault.si.com/vault/1983/04/11/if-the-hat-fits-wear-it

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT