ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Heup is watching

Mullen called a great game for the most part, the packages with Jones were the perfect balance especially in those first few quarters

He's the best Head Coach in the State of Florida, he would be scary if he was a better recruiter.

Reactions: UCFan9906
Pretty much the same team from 9 months ago that beat us by 8. They lost by 14. Their play calling is great and ours sucked?

Guys. Don’t underestimate the importance of home field vs a neutral site

This is what I reminded UF fans of last year. Yes, they beat LSU and we lost to LSU last year, but they played in Gainesville while we played 2,000 miles from our campus. The results aren't comparable except to serve some humility to Gator fans who in January of this year couldn't ever fathom a good team giving up a lot of points to a Joe Burrow-led offense.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This is what I reminded UF fans of last year. Yes, they beat LSU and we lost to LSU last year, but they played in Gainesville while we played 2,000 miles from our campus. The results aren't comparable except to serve some humility to Gator fans who in January of this year couldn't ever fathom a good team giving up a lot of points to a Joe Burrow-led offense.
Yes. It’s apples and oranges. We don’t lose to Pittsburgh or Cincinnati at home this year

The most amazing thing that after Burrow got hit in the head, he turned into a different guy.

His brain needs to be donated to science someday

Burrow has improved, because it’s possible for a QB to get better throughout his college career. Especially after 1-2 years.

Milton
Gabriel and yes....... Mack

Probably not Wimbush. That’s rare.

Tom Brady improved in the NFL

Mullen called a great game for the most part, the packages with Jones were the perfect balance especially in those first few quarters

He's the best Head Coach in the State of Florida, he would be scary if he was a better recruiter.

He might be a good coach but he looks like such a dork his high waisted pants. Like literally, if he wasn’t involved in football he probably would be Dwight from the Office.

Uf's class of 2019 was #8 in the country, and as of today 2020 is 16th. I don't think he is having any problems recruiting.

He watched the “#7” team in the country lose to a team by 2 touchdowns. A team UCF lost to by 1*

Uf's class of 2019 was #8 in the country, and as of today 2020 is 16th. I don't think he is having any problems recruiting.
compared to Georgia he is who is their main obstacle to win the East and get back to Natty level. Mullen strikes out on the top handful of elite prospects that are going to Clemson, Tosu, Bama , & Georgia.

I think he is a better Gameday coach than Kirby Smart but Smart is amazing on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Think I heard media people say LSU brought in an OC from the Saints and changed to the spread too. Their DC is the same from when we played them.
yeah he was added in the offseason and LSU was playing 3rd stringers on D vs UCF. Their top DB sat out to rest for pre draft workouts. Their LB was one of those only regulars that played in the Bowl

Burrow made some plays with his feet that negated an otherwise good defense. The ability to pick up yards that way is the difference between UCF being undefeated and ranked 12th vs where we are now.
am a big DG believer but agree he has to get better as a runner, he looks hesitant at times

I was watching some of the Fox Pre game show that had Urban Meyer on it and he did a Top QB check lists and one of them was 'ability to extend plays' where the Defense is doing everything right but still loses. Even at the NFL level just sitting in the pocket is not going to work anymore unless you have the Pats OLine

am a big DG believer but agree he has to get better as a runner, he looks hesitant at times

I was watching some of the Fox Pre game show that had Urban Meyer on it and he did a Top QB check lists and one of them was 'ability to extend plays' where the Defense is doing everything right but still loses. Even at the NFL level just sitting in the pocket is not going to work anymore unless you have the Pats OLine
Feel the same way. I think DG is immensely talented, but he can't live in the pocket. If he could add the ability to scramble, UCF would never lose again.

fans that use transitive property as validation..

It's a different season, not a neutral site game in the desert at 11am, different OC, different personel on defense, etc

Death Valley at night is a different challenge, our Oline had communication issues at Nippert..

Reactions: ahabmw

It's a different season, not a neutral site game in the desert at 11am, different OC, different personel on defense, etc

Death Valley at night is a different challenge, our Oline had communication issues at Nippert..
What transitive property are you using? I’m using the roster and who played in both games. Very similar on both sides of ball for them. They can’t say they used 3rd string and WRs as DBs when those guys played yesterday too.

We lost to 2 unranked teams, unless UF drops a lot of games at the end, we have no legs to stand on in regards to claiming “best in state”. Why were trying to use this game to validate our greatness is idiotic and anyone that believes it validates last seasons team is sorely mistaken. We can’t talk trash when we've lost to two mediocre teams and they lost to one elite team. Not at all a good luck from our fan base.

We lost to 2 unranked teams, unless UF drops a lot of games at the end, we have no legs to stand on in regards to claiming “best in state”. Why were trying to use this game to validate our greatness is idiotic and anyone that believes it validates last seasons team is sorely mistaken. We can’t talk trash when we've lost to two mediocre teams and they lost to one elite team. Not at all a good luck from our fan base.
No one is saying this years team is better. Last years is the claim. We lost by 8 to the same team they lost by 14.

I watched same on Fox as well. Nice change up from the ESPN nut huggers. Something else was discussed I think by Bob Stoops about keeping the D Off balance when they know what you are gonna do. The total irony is basically all the novice fan’s observations stated on this board and pissed on by the kool aide slurpers after last game was exactly what Stoops and Meyers were saying on how to beat a good D. But hey WTF do they know!

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Cincy is ranked 21 no?

Reactions: Knight_Light

They had communication issues because they as aren't as good as 2017 or 2018. They never had communication issues. I don't buy this argument other than they just aren't as good, which is pretty obvious at this point.

They had communication issues because they as aren't as good as 2017 or 2018. They never had communication issues. I don't buy this argument other than they just aren't as good, which is pretty obvious at this point.
I think he meant communication issues like between QB and receivers. It’s obvious there has been more of those this year than last year which is partly to be expected considering player like DG and Harris have minimal experience.

I think he meant communication issues like between QB and receivers. It’s obvious there has been more of those this year than last year which is partly to be expected considering player like DG and Harris have minimal experience.
Also who knows how many snaps DG got during summer practice. Seems like the plan was to start BW so he may have received the majority of the snaps with the first team. If so DG is learning on the fly in big games. More of a preseason QB evaluation issue than a DG issue.

ADVERTISEMENT