ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Johnny does end up like Donnie.....

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
I know there are big differences between Donnie Jones and Johnny Dawkins but Johnny is showing like zero emotion or passion during these games.'

The refs are crapping on us many times (and it's super obvious) and Johnny is acting like Donnie....not saying barely a word (or using a soft voice with no fire)!

I wish I could have seen Torchy Clark coach!

Uconn's head basketball coach (Kevin Ollie) is very passionate and I like the way he's super involved and intense on the court.

Does anyone else agree that Johnny is too passive?

Throw a chair or something! :)

I know there are big differences between Donnie Jones and Johnny Dawkins but Johnny is showing like zero emotion or passion during these games.'

The refs are crapping on us many times (and it's super obvious) and Johnny is acting like Donnie....not saying barely a word (or using a soft voice with no fire)!

I wish I could have seen Torchy Clark coach!

Uconn's head basketball coach (Kevin Ollie) is very passionate and I like the way he's super involved and intense on the court.

Does anyone else agree that Johnny is too passive?

Throw a chair or something! :)
He got a tech and had to be held back I think last week.

He got a tech and had to be held back I think last week.

Yep. Guess OPie missed the Wichita State game.

Anyways, coaches like Kevin Ollie and Coach Calipari who act like they are playing in the game from the coaches box annoy me.

Kevin Ollie is as good as gone from UCONN. They’re a shell of what they were under Calhoun (albeit probably because they had to clean things up.)

Reactions: KMF-UCF
If ya'll are still questioning the fact that Johnny Dawkins is the best coach we've had in the past 20+ years then you're really unfamiliar with college basketball.

What he's been able to do with the skeleton crew of a team the past 2 years is nothing short of remarkable. He still has to prove he can recruit blue-chip players to come here but I can't question his ability to coach compared to the last 2 coaches.

I doub't that. injuries happen. Tacko as a string bean didn't get hurt, Built up this year he gets hurt.
I'm willing to bet he and Dawkins got hurt working out. Both tore shoulders. Indicative of lifting heavy weights above shoulder.

Well, I'll take that bet. Dawkins was hurt diving for a loose ball in a nonUCF camp scrimmage in the summer. tacko got banged up in a scrimmage. BJ came down hard on a flat foot on a drive in the first game. Chance rolled his ankle in a game and sprained it. None of these have anything to do with the S&C coach.

Well, I'll take that bet. Dawkins was hurt diving for a loose ball in a nonUCF camp scrimmage in the summer. tacko got banged up in a scrimmage. BJ came down hard on a flat foot on a drive in the first game. Chance rolled his ankle in a game and sprained it. None of these have anything to do with the S&C coach.
Show me video of Tacko and Dawkins.

I'll take that as your admission that you don't know what you're talking about.
I’ll take that as you believe what they spin out. Who hurts 2 shoulders in scrimmages? Never heard of any basketball player hurting shoulder and out for year while playing. 2 in same year? No video on either one.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I’ll take that as you believe what they spin out. Who hurts 2 shoulders in scrimmages? Never heard of any basketball player hurting shoulder and out for year while playing. 2 in same year? No video on either one.
Every scrimmage is videotaped. No leak of injury tells me it didn’t happen while scrimmaging. Show me proof.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I miss Kirk Speraw too

How did we get delusional about Speraw? He had 17 years at UCF. Losing to a non-scholarship D3 school is one great example. He had many years of losing records in the TAAC/ASun. He is a good guy, but it was time to move on. I'm feel pretty good about Dawkins as the head coach right now.

I don't know what it is about UCF basketball with luck though. This has been how many straight years with massive injuries? We have a NCAA caliber team with a full roster.

How did we get delusional about Speraw? He had 17 years at UCF. Losing to a non-scholarship D3 school is one great example. He had many years of losing records in the TAAC/ASun. He is a good guy, but it was time to move on. I'm feel pretty good about Dawkins as the head coach right now.

I don't know what it is about UCF basketball with luck though. This has been how many straight years with massive injuries? We have a NCAA caliber team with a full roster.
This^^^^^^^^^

I don’t know why we just pass the ball around until shot click gets to 8 seconds. We won’t beat good teams like that consistently. Thinking we need to start pushing the pace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT