ADVERTISEMENT

I hope UCFmikes

Would you want Alabama and Louisiana setting laws that Florida has to follow?

I don't think that's a good example. More like the United States gov't making rules that Florida has to follow.

I don't think that's a good example. More like the United States gov't making rules that Florida has to follow.
That is a bad example too. The US was founded as a nation with a national identity and a national sovereignty. We are a federation of states but we are one nation. The states have rights but they are not sovereign entities in and of themselves (except maybe Texas). The EU is an alliance of sovereign nations and does not have its own sovereignty. The issue is that there is dominance in the EU of a few countries that make the rules for the rest.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That is a bad example too. The US was founded as a nation with a national identity and a national sovereignty. We are a federation of states but we are one nation. The states have rights but they are not sovereign entities in and of themselves (except maybe Texas). The EU is an alliance of sovereign nations and does not have its own sovereignty. The issue is that there is dominance in the EU of a few countries that make the rules for the rest.

Oh, so very much like the US.

Oh, so very much like the US.
I guess you could say that California is driving US automotive regulatory policy and also forcing other emissions policy. But other than that, it’s not even close to the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT