ADVERTISEMENT

I like Pitt

30+ posts in this thread alone say otherwise.

Look, we're confident and have a bit of a chip on our shoulders due to constant disrespect. You've made very broad statements in support of your offense in particular that simply aren't backed by the facts that you constantly claim to be presenting. I expect Pitt to fight and it's always possible for us to lose it just doesn't seem likely.

We constantly (even in the good O'Leary years) have heard about how we don't have: enough depth, our lines are small and that our speed isn't that fast but when we've played the game it's been proven out over the last 2+ years that we have all of those things now. Our best defensive unit is our secondary so if you think you're 9.8 ypr WR is going to beat us you're mistaken. I know you're mostly making the case that this game should be close and it very well could be but as has been stated repeatedly our 1s haven't had to play more than 3 quarters so our defensive numbers would be even better if we weren't getting experience to our other guys.
Bingo

He just doesn’t get it

Pittsburgh is one of the worst offensive teams in all of college football. They cannot score

They are 126 out of 130 teams and average 14.7 per game!

We are not losing to that crap!
Preach

Just listening to the Pitt podcast.....the host thinks that for Pitt to beat UCF they need to get at least 2 turnovers and need to hang at least 35 on us. Sounds like the defensive game plan is to blitz a lot and some how disguise coverages, stuff that they didn't do in the first 3 games that is on tape......sounds like they could very well be the best D we have faced in a while, at least this year
Sounds like the same thing persp is saying. Their only hope is to hurt Gabriel

Reactions: Ucfmikes
UFCmikes is like watching Wile E. Coyote fall off the cliff while chasing the Roadrunner.
More delusions

I don’t fall off of cliffs for trolls of 1-2 teams that we beat last year 45-14 with now the 126th ranked offense in the country

An Alabama fan can come here if we are playing them on the road and maybe then I’ll show some concern

This is absolutely nothing

Just UCFmikes. He was the one to which I was referring. Is he always this petulant? We have a bunch of guys like him on our board too.
Understand @Ucfmikes is more understandable if you just look at him like UCFSports' version of the Orlando Sentinel's Mike Bianchi. Sometimes he says stuff that is spot-on, and other times he is just pushing something that hasn't isn't universally agreed upon, and can come off as arrogant or misguided -- but that's no different than, and the counter to, a lot of P5 fanboys and girls that over-state their alleged 'Power' conference's strengths.

In the case of Bianchi, he's a Gator that purposely trolls others for page hits. @Ucfmikes is just far more of a good natured homer.

Understand @Ucfmikes is more understandable if you just look at him like UCFSports' version of the Orlando Sentinel's Mike Bianchi. Sometimes he says stuff that is spot-on, and other times he is just pushing something that hasn't isn't universally agreed upon, and can come off as arrogant. In the case of Bianchi, he's a Gator that purposely trolls others for page hits. @Ucfmikes is just far more of a good natured homer.
I’m just trying to be nice and hospitable to the visiting fans

I have no idea why he’s acting like this?

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Hahahahaha

Anymore “drastic improvements” and you’ll be running backwards

i
Pittsburgh Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
S. Jacques-Louis 1 9 9.0 0 9
K. Pickett 9 7 0.8 0 8
V. Davis 4 6 1.5 1 8
A.J. Davis 8 5 0.6 0 3
V. Carter 2 -1 -0.5 0 1
Team 1 -2 -2.0 0 0
TEAM 25 24 1.0 1 9

9 yard long run!!

[roll]

C-mon, don't make stuff up.......even high school teams play better than this.

30+ posts in this thread alone say otherwise.

Look, we're confident and have a bit of a chip on our shoulders due to constant disrespect. You've made very broad statements in support of your offense in particular that simply aren't backed by the facts that you constantly claim to be presenting. I expect Pitt to fight and it's always possible for us to lose it just doesn't seem likely.

We constantly (even in the good O'Leary years) have heard about how we don't have: enough depth, our lines are small and that our speed isn't that fast but when we've played the game it's been proven out over the last 2+ years that we have all of those things now. Our best defensive unit is our secondary so if you think you're 9.8 ypr WR is going to beat us you're mistaken. I know you're mostly making the case that this game should be close and it very well could be but as has been stated repeatedly our 1s haven't had to play more than 3 quarters so our defensive numbers would be even better if we weren't getting experience to our other guys.

I came here to converse so why are my post counts surprising?

My broad statements were on the defense, not the offense. I do think that Pitt offense can score 28 or so on UCF. That isnt very much. I never said Pitt would put up 50, 40, or even 30 (at least not without a TD from the D), so I dont know where this supposed vast overconfidence in the offense is coming from. I do indeed expect it to improve again this week against a slightly lesser D than PSU, though.

But your and others' comments do expose a lack of understanding of who and what Pitt's players are. Ffrench has a shorter average because he catches a lot of passes around the LOS because is very good after the catch. Pitt had opportunities to break some big plays against PSU on some of these short tosses but the PSU tackling was exceptional and kept the gains on those plays minimal.

Finally, does the fact that the UCF starters have not played an entire game yet worry you if things are close and physical late in a close game?

I wrestled for 15 years and no matter how hard I trained for cardio, the first few fully competitive, tough matches I had each season were an extra level of stamina that no amount of preseason training could replicate

Understand @Ucfmikes is more understandable if you just look at him like UCFSports' version of the Orlando Sentinel's Mike Bianchi. Sometimes he says stuff that is spot-on, and other times he is just pushing something that hasn't isn't universally agreed upon, and can come off as arrogant or misguided -- but that's no different than, and the counter to, a lot of P5 fanboys and girls that over-state their alleged 'Power' conference's strengths.

In the case of Bianchi, he's a Gator that purposely trolls others for page hits. @Ucfmikes is just far more of a good natured homer.

Homer, sure. Good natured? Thats a much tougher sell. Lol

Wow. My good natured self has been put into question

Additionally, I’m petulant

This means war!!!

Reactions: UCFBS
I’m not mad, but you are so annoying and delusional

You beat high school Ohio 20-10 at home and you’re thumping your chest. We would beat them 55-3 and you would lose to Stanford

That’s right 20 points to Ohio and now you’re scoring 31 on us??

Howabout 13-14 and we drop 35-45 on you?
They beat Virginia by 10 last year and lost by 16 this year.
Beat a high school team by 10.
Pitt fan says oh we're just getting started.
Yet our freshman QB puts 38 points on Stanford in the first half and Pitt fan tries to change the narrative that their NFL caliber CB is actually lame?
Ok.

Just listening to the Pitt podcast.....the host thinks that for Pitt to beat UCF they need to get at least 2 turnovers and need to hang at least 35 on us. Sounds like the defensive game plan is to blitz a lot and some how disguise coverages, stuff that they didn't do in the first 3 games that is on tape......sounds like they could very well be the best D we have faced in a while, at least this year
The only way they score 30 plus is in garbage time against our 3rd string.

Finally, does the fact that the UCF starters have not played an entire game yet worry you if things are close and physical late in a close game?

I would expect that you have no comprehension of how much depth UCF has on both sides of the ball and how much they routinely rotate the 1's and 2's. Most of the depth chart shows player 1 OR player 2, so basically our 2 deep is really a 3 deep. Absolutely no drop off across the board including almost every skill position........

Last edited:
Classless post.

Says who? You? I was one of the few people who accurately called what happened in the Pitt/PSU game last week and Im going to be correct again this week.

I never said Pitt would win, but I do say that it wont be a boatrace like so many of the arrogants here seem to think. Your freshman QB will be tested like never before. Ya'll will still score, but over by halftime? Not a chance.
Stop trying to make boat race a thing broski.

I would expect that you have no comprehension of how much depth UCF has on both sides of the ball and how much they routinely rotate the 1's and 2's. Most of the depth chart shows player 1 OR player 2, so basically our 2 deep is really a 3 deep. Absolutely no drop off across the board including almost every skill position........

Wow. One might think that Pitt was playing the Patriots

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think that is a good assessment. The D needs to be directly responsible for a TD to get to 35 though, IMO.

They actually have been doing a great job of disguising coverages this year, something DC Bates has convinced Narduzzi to do more of this year. Too many times in the past, like the OK St. games and UCF last year, Narduzzi was content to play base D and dare teams to beat them man up, which they did easily and often. If you watch the PSU game last week, there was a massive presnap chess game happening between the PSU O and Pitt D all game. The Pitt D would line up, PSU would look to the sidelines and check to another play, then Pitt would check and shift to a different look. It really kept PSU off balance and hid the blitzes that came very well. Bates has been a Godsend for Pitt in that regard. This is why I think Pitt will have a chance to rattle Gabriel.

If Pitt can do the same to UCF, the blitzes will have a good chance to get home like they did against PSU. The bonus was that the Pitt DL was getting consistent pressure even when a blitz wasnt on. They will need to do that again if they hope to slow the UCF offense

Let me start by saying that Pitt can win this game

But if you think your defense is going to have time to play a chess match before each snap you’re wrong. There’s pretty much no time in between plays when UCFs offense is moving

UCFs defense is much better than last year too. FAU scored 6 points on our starters after scoring 20 at Ohio State and 41 against Ball State. Stanford scored 7 points when it actually mattered too. If Pitt wins it’s because they play a great game and UCF turns the ball over a bunch of times

Pittsburgh cannot score 20-25 points, so the defense will essentially need an Alabama or Clemson epic-like game

Those teams have an offense

Persp is sharing good info. Don't be defensive. We we're all questioning our QB play and Dline a couple of weeks ago. One game against Stanford isn't enough to prove (to me) that we're best of the best. I hope to god we beat Pitt by triple PSUs score but it would be arrogant and simple minded to think we won't be tested. Personally this guy is making me more interested in the match up between us!

According to SP+, Pitts defense is #20. Stanfords is like #50. Let's look forward to our team testing themselves against a team who may have turned it around from last year. Christ, our SoS needs at least one of our opponents to do something this season.
Pitt went to ACC title game last year. Did nothing for our SoS.

SoS is a fake metric used to keep those in power in power. This is how USC has a strong top 25 win over Stanford and UCF played a bad team in Stanford. It's a scheme to keep them at the top.

Reactions: Knightlife_08
But if you think your defense is going to have time to play a chess match before each snap you’re wrong. There’s pretty much no time in between plays when UCFs offense is moving

When you listen to the Pitt D coordinator presser he whined a lot about UCF pre snap illegal procedure/substitution that the refs cant keep up with. "You would hope sometimes the officials would keep up with it because there's guys moving all over the place right before the snap sometimes. Officials can't keep up with it." When asked about what they were gonna do different to address our tempo he just smirked as if they had a plan........

:joy:

Pitt went to ACC title game last year. Did nothing for our SoS.

SoS is a fake metric used to keep those in power in power. This is how USC has a strong top 25 win over Stanford and UCF played a bad team in Stanford. It's a scheme to keep them at the top.
Spot on sir. This is why Miss. State had to lose 4 times before they dropped out of the top 25 one year, because they were playing Alabama late in the year. I found a photo of the SoS machine.

Behind-the-Curtain.jpg

When you listen to the Pitt D coordinator presser he whined a lot about UCF pre snap illegal procedure/substitution that the refs cant keep up with. "You would hope sometimes the officials would keep up with it because there's guys moving all over the place right before the snap sometimes. Officials can't keep up with it." When asked about what they were gonna do different to address our tempo he just smirked as if they had a plan........

:joy:
The plan has not changed (stop drop and roll with fake leg cramps to give the defense a rest.) :cool2:

ADVERTISEMENT