ADVERTISEMENT

I like Pitt

I visited a customer last year (PSU & Carnegie Mellon grad) and he mentioned it was a great place to go. Awesome selection of microbrews and brick oven pizza, down near campus.
Yeah it really is. There’s so many great places and historical landmarks to check out in Oakland (Cathedral, Forbes Field wall, Homestead Strike down the river, etc.) but because of our incompetent and short-sighted administration, visiting fans won’t get to check out any of it because we don’t play on-campus.

UCF has more wins against AP Top 10 teams this decade than the supermajority of P5 programs do.
I agree, talking about the Pitt coach being 1-2 so he’s coming up with tired old slogans for the reporters about “doing the right things to set your self up for wins”. That means you haven’t won enough. You are what your record says you are.

Reactions: str61166 and UCFBS
Yeah it really is. There’s so many great places and historical landmarks to check out in Oakland (Cathedral, Forbes Field wall, Homestead Strike down the river, etc.) but because of our incompetent and short-sighted administration, visiting fans won’t get to check out any of it because we don’t play on-campus.
If I understand the story correctly, Pitt demo'd the old stadium with the idea to have games at the NFL stadium down rive and to re-purpose the land. I know we have an erector set as a stadium, but it ours and most agree having it on campus is a huge advantage....hence the reason why both UF and FSU won't visit us.

If I understand the story correctly, Pitt demo'd the old stadium with the idea to have games at the NFL stadium down rive and to re-purpose the land. I know we have an erector set as a stadium, but it ours and most agree having it on campus is a huge advantage....hence the reason why both UF and FSU won't visit us.
Yes. Pitt Stadium was a great place for football and was designed similar to Cal Memorial Stadium. Long story short, it was 75+ years old and was due for major repairs when the then-AD decided to to go with the cheap option and “share” newly-built Heinz Field with the Steelers. In its place is the Petersen Events Center, lawn space, and student housing (terrible use of land in gridlocked Pittsburgh). This was part of his plan to “rebrand” Pitt athletics (change Pitt to Pittsburgh, change colors, change logo). That rebrand was so good that we removed every trace of it less than 25 years later.

You guys know how it is playing off campus. It’s waaaaay to big for us unless we’re playing PSU/WVU/ND, it generates no atmosphere, and it killed any tradition left of a once proud program.

Yes. Pitt Stadium was a great place for football and was designed similar to Cal Memorial Stadium. Long story short, it was 75+ years old and was due for major repairs when the then-AD decided to to go with the cheap option and “share” newly-built Heinz Field with the Steelers. In its place is the Petersen Events Center, lawn space, and student housing (terrible use of land in gridlocked Pittsburgh). This was part of his plan to “rebrand” Pitt athletics (change Pitt to Pittsburgh, change colors, change logo). That rebrand was so good that we removed every trace of it less than 25 years later.

You guys know how it is playing off campus. It’s waaaaay to big for us unless we’re playing PSU/WVU/ND, it generates no atmosphere, and it killed any tradition left of a once proud program.
Someone please send this to Cow U.

And also... someone over at Cow U also needs to explain to them that they look stupid when they say they want FAU's village and stadium instead of UCF's, when FAU's is not only based on UCF's, but 33-66% smaller in size and capacity.

Reactions: Knight Strength

That sucks man..... If UCF ever went backwards like this, they will probably lose a lot of season ticket holders. As many of the others have said "our erector set is ours and the game day experience in there is awesome".

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Good game. No idea why UCF gets a lot of hate nationwide. You guys are what cfb is about. not much recruiting talent but play at level of top teams in the country.

also Kudos to UCF's fan base for traveling well. Lots of UCF fans in the stands. They supported the team well, and were good representatives of UCF. As far as the on-campus stadium comments. We traded our aging run down on-campus bowl stadium for a modern bball arena. In the urban area of Oakland, there just isn't enough land to build a stadium. I miss Pitt Stadium, but Heinz Field is light years ahead of what Pitt Stadium was. Sharing a practice facility with the Steelers also helps temper the loss of an on campus stadium.

Good game dude. Here to eat crow. Pittsburgh clearly outplayed us.

Good luck with your season!
Thanks, man. Was a great game. Physical and tough. UCF is no joke. I do think that Pitt will run the table on the regular season from here, provided our injured corners arent out too long. No team left on our schedule is nearly as good as UCF. Gabriel throws one of the best deep balls Ive seen. Reminds me of Jeff Blake.

Rooting for you rest of the way! Good luck to you!

Thanks, man. Was a great game. Physical and tough. UCF is no joke. I do think that Pitt will run the table on the regular season from here, provided our injured corners arent out too long. No team left on our schedule is nearly as good as UCF. Gabriel throws one of the best deep balls Ive seen. Reminds me of Jeff Blake.

Rooting for you rest of the way! Good luck to you!
You were spot on with a lot of your analysis

Props to you

Plenty different than 2018. You guys have improved a lot even this year. We saw the team today that played Penn State tough

Hope you guys do win out!

You were spot on with a lot of your analysis

Props to you

Plenty different than 2018. You guys have improved a lot even this year. We saw the team today that played Penn State tough

Hope you guys do win out!

Thanks again. Ive seen enough crappy, mediocre Pitt teams to know when one isnt lol. This one isnt.

I am impressed with how UCF matched Pitt's physicality. Pitt was plenty beat up at the end of the game and I hope it isnt long lasting. Happy to have a breather game against Delaware next week.

I have a feeling this game will look like a monster at the end of the season. Such a great game.

Much respect to you for being a stand up guy. :fistbump:

Don’t beat yourself up too badly, UCF. It was a really good game and we made one more play. That’s college football.

UCF is still an excellent team/program and I think you’re first in line for the next spot that comes open in one of the major power conferences.

And yes, I know for a fact that Pitt was a strong advocate for UCF to the Big East before it finally fell apart. I’m pretty sure West Virginia was in your corner too. However, USF and Louisville were firm no’s.

Still, as another poster wrote earlier in this thread, it was probably just as good for you that it didn’t work out because that league was on it’s last legs at that point.

The arrow is definitely pointing up in Orlando.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited:
No it didn’t, but we still don’t know how good Penn State is or Pittsburgh for that matter

Love losers who comb other teams message boards at 5:00 A.M.

Get a life
I often like to visit opponents message boards win or lose gives me a different perspective on the game.

Don’t beat yourself up too badly, UCF. It was a really good game and we made one more play. That’s college football.

UCF is still an excellent team/program and I think you’re first in line for the next spot that comes open in one of the major power conferences.

And yes, I know for a fact that Pitt was a strong advocate for UCF to the Big East before it finally fell apart. I’m pretty sure West Virginia was in your corner too. However, USF and Louisville were firm no’s.

Still, as another poster wrote earlier in this thread, it was probably just as good for you that it didn’t work out because that league was on it’s last legs at that point.

The arrow is definitely pointing up in Orlando.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Class post. Thanks.

Reactions: ahabmw
"Ooh... Dave... swing and a miss"

Yup, so did Vegas oddsmakers, So did ESPN College Gameday analyst, and 1000's of other people. It's sport's, sometimes you do swing and miss. Strike one...I'm not out yet...UCONN game...OVER BY HALFTIME...

:p

UCF has a really good team and glad we came out with a tough win.

Hope you guys finish your regular season 11-1.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightGeist
Yea, it could have been. I remember a UCF player getting flagged for something similar...holding the ball over his head in celebration before he crossed the goal line.

A number of UCF players on offense and defense have been doing things that could get them flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and I hope they start to get that under control. Would hate to have it come back and bite us at a critical time in a ballgame.

I told you it was going to happen. UCF finally gained the momentum and went up by 10 points...and a UCF player got a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty because he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Extended Pitt's drive and they scored.

Thanks again. Ive seen enough crappy, mediocre Pitt teams to know when one isnt lol. This one isnt.

I am impressed with how UCF matched Pitt's physicality. Pitt was plenty beat up at the end of the game and I hope it isnt long lasting. Happy to have a breather game against Delaware next week.

I have a feeling this game will look like a monster at the end of the season. Such a great game.

Much respect to you for being a stand up guy. :fistbump:
I've been licking my wounds over the weekend but wanted to also give you props for your analysis. Great game just hate how it ended (obviously).

Reactions: persp
I've been licking my wounds over the weekend but wanted to also give you props for your analysis. Great game just hate how it ended (obviously).

Thanks. I appreciate that. Was a really entertaining game. I dont doubt that it will be one of the season's best at the end of the season.

My bold prediction is now is that this loss will look as good as it can at the end of the season and UCF will be in the NY6 bowls again. These first 4 games was easily the toughest stretch of Pitt's season. Pitt should be battle tested and ready to pound on a weak Coastal division. I see 10-2 for Pitt with 9-3 the worst they will finish.

Good luck the rest of the way. I full expect UCF to blow through the rest of their schedule.

These first 4 games was easily the toughest stretch of Pitt's season. Pitt should be battle tested and ready to pound on a weak Coastal division. I see 10-2 for Pitt with 9-3 the worst they will finish.
I hope so. The way the broadcast was called was that your best players were left on the field (Pinnock for example) and you won't recover for the rest of the season.
Here's to hoping thats not true.

I hope so. The way the broadcast was called was that your best players were left on the field (Pinnock for example) and you won't recover for the rest of the season.
Here's to hoping thats not true.
Doesnt sound like any of the injuries are serious. Narduzzi said today that he expects everyone to play this saturday. I hope they dont though. This is a good week to rest those bumps and bruises and get some more PT for our depth pieces. I was definitely worried about Pinnock. Looked like a knee initially but only a hammy strain apparently

@HailToPitt725 @Pitt Fan From Raleigh @dithridge78 @persp @Dr. von Yinzer @Panthergrowl13 nice win over duke. Keep those wins coming

Was a little surprised how bad Virginia looked against Miami. Like they were allergic to the end zone.
Thanks, STC. We tried to give it away but I’m glad we were able to pull it off. We should beat Syracuse and then we have a big test against Miami. I think they’re a better team with Perry at QB and we tend to have issues against the Hurricanes.

I hope you guys can bounce back this week against East Carolina. Bye week came at a good time for the Knights. Hopefully you guys are recharged and ready to win the rest of the way!

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT