ADVERTISEMENT

I think Timmy should come home and Play for UCF.....USF QB Timmy McClain has entered the transfer portal

Love the move. Anytime you can bring in an athlete like that it's a plus. He knows the depth chart heading into '23, I'm sure, and Gus does better than anyone. Timmy probably looking for a legit QB competition close to home in a better conference situation instead of what he got at usf where Scott guaranteed Gerry the job if he transferred in a hail mary attempt to win 6 games and save his job in the AAC. The Seminole boys would be hyped up if this happens.

A strange move from Timmy’s POV. Lots of QBs in the room right now, will be further down the depth chart than he was at USF.

Sure didn't look like it the last 4 games of the season....and the heifer fans said he didn't look any better this Spring or Summer.
I think the heifer fans are just looking for change. In fact it sounds like Timmy was NOT given a chance to compete. Who knows how the reps where divided if the other QB was promised to play if he transfered to the cows.

Just thought of his situation. Some say it's a bad move to lose playing time. But, after thinking about it, he would rather sit out a year, and be back home, stay in school, and get good practice in with a winning football team...versus, being a back up Qb on a losing football team and getting thrown into the wolves after being down 3 or 4 Td's. Good lord, some Qb's are gonna get a hurtin' in the swamp Sept 17th against the Gators. Then at Loserville Sept 24th. @Cincy Sept 8th. All strong and punishing defenses. I feel sorry for whoever duh*bulls back Qb is going to be this year. Ain't gonna survive.

Plus, Jeff Scott probably gonna get fired/genshafted this year so even more question marks for duh*bulls next year.

Just thought of his situation. Some say it's a bad move to lose playing time. But, after thinking about it, he would rather sit out a year, and be back home, stay in school, and get good practice in with a winning football team...versus, being a back up Qb on a losing football team and getting thrown into the wolves after being down 3 or 4 Td's. Good lord, some Qb's are gonna get a hurtin' in the swamp Sept 17th against the Gators. Then at Loserville Sept 24th. @Cincy Sept 8th. All strong and punishing defenses. I feel sorry for whoever duh*bulls back Qb is going to be this year. Ain't gonna survive.

Plus, Jeff Scott probably gonna get fired/genshafted this year so even more question marks for duh*bulls next year.
Good rationale. No point being a backup to scrub team usf (staying in g5) when UCF going P5 next year.

Timmy walking into Knight Library tonight after being around Cows in Temple Terrace for 12 months

giphy.gif

I love this for UCF, he’s a guy who you could see the talent as a struggling true freshman on a baaaad team. I just think it’s TC time next year and on, but I guess if TM can beat him out I’d be ok with that too, whoever is the best option to win. Seems to fit Gus’ desired skill set. I don’t need to say it but….he’s an upgrade on arm talent and athletic ability over what we had last year and you all know it.

I think the heifer fans are just looking for change. In fact it sounds like Timmy was NOT given a chance to compete. Who knows how the reps where divided if the other QB was promised to play if he transfered to the cows.
I wouldn't normally wish ill for anyone, I just want something to happen to usf QB1 that keeps him out of action for awhile, just to see the heifer meltdown.

Hangnail, academics, hates the school, doesn't like the Mexican food (which is true, Mexican food in Florida sucks compared to Texas), girlfriend breaks up with him....

usf fans will spin that the Baylor QB is way better but go look up the scrimmage reports …McClain was even and to some looked better . just look up their opinions BEFORE they knew he was transferring

usf fans will spin that the Baylor QB is way better but go look up the scrimmage reports …McClain was even and to some looked better . just look up their opinions BEFORE they knew he was transferring
Baylor QB was given the starter role upon arrival. Otherwise he wouldn’t have transferred to a last place AAC team in the first place. McClains dad said as much.

McClain's family is very intertwined with his football career, and those tweets tell me that he came here to start as QB. I don't see him coming to be a career backup or switch positions. If he's not QB1 next year, he will move on.

Excellent points Dave! Ouch.....it hurt just reading that! :)

Reactions: Central Floridave
I love this for UCF, he’s a guy who you could see the talent as a struggling true freshman on a baaaad team. I just think it’s TC time next year and on, but I guess if TM can beat him out I’d be ok with that too, whoever is the best option to win. Seems to fit Gus’ desired skill set. I don’t need to say it but….he’s an upgrade on arm talent and athletic ability over what we had last year and you all know it.
I agree 1000%

McClain's family is very intertwined with his football career, and those tweets tell me that he came here to start as QB. I don't see him coming to be a career backup or switch positions. If he's not QB1 next year, he will move on.
He can’t play this year regardless, so he transfers to redshirt and run the scout team getting tons of experience against better competition all while moving home. He competes next year and if doesn’t won’t he job, he transfers somewhere like an FAU for better play time. It’s really a win win, he either wins the job next year or utilizes UCF to stay in shape, learn from better coaches and have better facilities and nutrition resources to work out with.

Reactions: tjb74
He can’t play this year regardless, so he transfers to redshirt and run the scout team getting tons of experience against better competition all while moving home. He competes next year and if doesn’t won’t he job, he transfers somewhere like an FAU for better play time. It’s really a win win, he either wins the job next year or utilizes UCF to stay in shape, learn from better coaches and have better facilities and nutrition resources to work out with.
Agreed, that's what I see happening and didn't say its bad. Makes sense that he knows he won't transfer and play anywhere this year, might as well train near his home. Gus is hedging his bets on starting QB for next year, he is envisioning Castallanos, but Mcclain is now another option. I don't see Keene in this picture.

It would be fascinating if Plumlee wins the job, I don't see any scenario he wouldn't come back for another year unless he is done with football or he suddenly is fine switching back to WR for NFL. Which if that was the case, why would he not continue to play WR in college.

It would be fascinating if Plumlee wins the job, I don't see any scenario he wouldn't come back for another year unless he is done with football or he suddenly is fine switching back to WR for NFL. Which if that was the case, why would he not continue to play WR in college.
Agree, if JRP has a great year, he has to come back for another. Then for sure Keene transfers, and TC/TM are fighting it out for '24 with whoever else is here at that time.

In the meantime, this move is also great news - this season - for UCF’s defense. McClain running the scout team will give the defensive starters a great look. We all know UCF has struggled mightily in the past slowing down quarterbacks who can hurt you with their feet. McClain’s speed will have UCF’s defense better prepared for opponents in ‘22.

The only way this makes sense IMO is if Plumlee has already won the job and Keene has said he is moving on to a system that can better use his skill set.

Reactions: tjb74
WE ARE DOOMED! Now taking USF cast offs. :eek:)
He was the only player on that team besides Horn that showed any promise on their whole sorry ass team. And we need QB depth with development potential, it’s a win all around really.

He’s an upgrade athletically, better fit for system and overall size-wise over a qb that some of you want to start. And before you stat me, he was on one of the worst teams in college football surrounded by no talent running for his life as a true freshman last year. Not surrounded by one of the best OL in the conference with weapons all over the place.

ADVERTISEMENT