ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Gus’ best win?

Knightfish

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
This win feels really important. This felt like a very Big 12 way to win a ballgame. Beating a good team on the road in conference to start conference play could turn out to be a big momentum moment for the season. I know many will point to the bowl win vs UF but this one feels like a bigger step forward. It also felt like we exorcised the demon of the Baylor loss last year.

I have not changed my mind about the team in terms of what they are and what they are capable of. KJ looked exactly as advertised, RJ is sooo good, Kobe is looking like a man possessed. The defense has big problems still but I do think they have the personnel to improve upon last year when all is said and done. The difference with this win is that Gus took a step towards fighting off the “cant win on the road” problem. It looked like he was going to Gus it away at the end of the first half but they fought through it and had a brilliant second half.

I am not ready to say this is a playoff caliber team by any stretch but this does feel like it could be a springboard type win. I now feel really good about our schedule until we have to go to Ames. As far as the resume for Gus this has to be near the top for his UCF tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.