ADVERTISEMENT

I told all of you that we would be ranked ahead of Ohio State!

Biggest week of respect...until next week:

Friday Night:
OU vrs West Virginia in Morgantown - WVU wins that game and OU is out
Washington vrs Wazzu - Washington wins that game and Wazzu is out

Saturday Night
LSU vrs A&M at College Station - A&M wins that game and it removes LSU

Michigan vrs Ohio State - Michigan wins, Ohio State will NEVER pass UCF

This gets UCF to #6 next Tuesday behind Michigan & Georgia. Assuming Michigan takes care of business, UCF is one Northwestern win away from the playoff. But even if that doesn't happen and UCF stalls at #5 behind Michigan, UCF will get to wear the home jerseys in their Bowl game as the higher-ranked team.

Biggest week of respect...until next week:

Friday Night:
OU vrs West Virginia in Morgantown - WVU wins that game and OU is out
Washington vrs Wazzu - Washington wins that game and Wazzu is out

Saturday Night
LSU vrs A&M at College Station - A&M wins that game and it removes LSU

Michigan vrs Ohio State - Michigan wins, Ohio State will NEVER pass UCF

This gets UCF to #6 next Tuesday behind Michigan & Georgia. Assuming Michigan takes care of business, UCF is one Northwestern win away from the playoff. But even if that doesn't happen and UCF stalls at #5 behind Michigan, UCF will get to wear the home jerseys in their Bowl game as the higher-ranked team.
JWB!

Pack Ray Jay!!

So this week no one jumped us, and we jumped someone. Listen to the way they (CFP Show) are talking about us now. Gameday on Campus and 8:00 primetime beatdown of Cincinnati was huge! HUGE!!!
Could have been 49-13 or 52-13

Dammit coach----We want a beat down!!! That, in itself, would make this season complete (providing we win the championship and bowl game)

The problem is, the longer we keep our starters in there--the higher probability of injury due to cheap shots.

Reactions: Mikesi
Dammit coach----We want a beat down!!! That, in itself, would make this season complete (providing we win the championship and bowl game)

The problem is, the longer we keep our starters in there--the higher probability of injury due to cheap shots.
And a future loss. This is where Heupel is probably smarter and more level headed than us fans

This is the first time I've watched the CFP show and I'd have to say---they've had a change of tune . That's the most we've been talked about in a positive light by far. I am surprised a good amount of the show was about us.

Me too. Have not watched the show until tonight. Tone has changed quite a bit, especially from Herbstreit, which leads me to believe even stronger, he has never seen UCF play before Saturday night. It's a shame these guys get on their shows and make such bold, confident statements about teams, programs, and conferences without having sit down and watch the team play.

Is it coincidence the committee ranks us higher once the ESPN football hosts start speaking more favorably about UCF??

If the college football committee had it out to get us, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!

This is one of the biggest days of respect in UCF football history!

Just win out and make it difficult for them not to pick us. It's in our hands to change the system or at least set ourselves up for P5 expansion one day.

UCF
Me too. Have not watched the show until tonight. Tone has changed quite a bit, especially from Herbstreit, which leads me to believe even stronger, he has never seen UCF play before Saturday night. It's a shame these guys get on their shows and make such bold, confident statements about teams, programs, and conferences without having sit down and watch the team play.

Is it coincidence the committee ranks us higher once the ESPN football hosts start speaking more favorably about UCF??
They are honeydicking us. Plain and simple
Just win out and make it difficult for them not to pick us. It's in our hands to change the system or at least set ourselves up for P5 expansion one day.
JWB!

Don’t hate the players. Hate the game

It is what it is

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Respect takes time and beating quality opponents.

#9 is fine. Can’t worry about changing the way people think. Just show them. Don’t tell them.

JWB!

Oklahoma is a joke at #6.

They have one (1) win against a team with 7+ wins, *ZERO* (0) P5 teams with 7+ wins.
UCF has four (4) and one (1) respectively

That means UCF not only has *more* good P5 wins than Oklahoma, but UCF has beaten 3x G5 teams that are actually really good -- with their own wins against P5 teams.

Oklahoma had Kansas put 40 points up on them, and Kansas is a much worse team than Temple -- the latter of which made QB+RB changes and has been beating everyone (but UCF) since. This is really getting old.

I do *NOT* think UCF is top 4. But if even Herbstreit and others can admit UCF should be #6, then maybe it's time the CFP does. This is the CFP trying to keep us out ... for fear of others losing on rivalry week.

I understand "P5 bias," but when you have a P5 team that has only beaten *garbage* P5 teams, then it gets old. Even if Texas is overrated in the top 15, Oklahoma still lost to them as well too. They should not be higher than UCF, period.

But yes, at least Ohio State is behind now. Even Herbstreit agreed on that too.

Oklahoma is a joke at #6.

They have one (1) win against a team with 7+ wins, *ZERO* (0) P5 teams with 7+ wins.
UCF has four (4) and one (1) respectively

That means UCF not only has *more* good P5 wins than Oklahoma, but UCF has beaten 3x G5 teams that are actually really good -- with their own wins against P5 teams.

Oklahoma had Kansas put 40 points up on them, and Kansas is a much worse team than Temple -- the latter of which made QB+RB changes and has been beating everyone (but UCF) since. This is really getting old.

I do *NOT* think UCF is top 4. But if even Herbstreit and others can admit UCF should be #6, then maybe it's time the CFP does. This is the CFP trying to keep us out ... for fear of others losing on rivalry week.

I understand "P5 bias," but when you have a P5 team that has only beaten *garbage* P5 teams, then it gets old. Even if Texas is overrated in the top 15, Oklahoma still lost to them as well too. They should not be higher than UCF, period.

But yes, at least Ohio State is behind now. Even Herbstreit agreed on that too.
Only problem is that we have a common opponent. FAU. Can’t argue with that
They absolutely destroyed them. I mean it was bad

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
This is the first time I've watched the CFP show and I'd have to say---they've had a change of tune . That's the most we've been talked about in a positive light by far. I am surprised a good amount of the show was about us.

It's crazy how opinions change when people... Ya know... Actually watch us play.

Saturday was our official coming out party to the nation and we delivered. I think after Monday night's NFL game they are going to start looking at offensive minded teams differently.

Can't wait to see the hate we'll get this Saturday on Gameday in Columbus, OH!

As Herbstreit has said on many an occasion "on paper" UCF at #9 looks great, but honestly, it's just the CFP committee trying to placate us once again.

Because if Ohio State wins, they jump ahead of us and Michigan won't drop below us, but if Michigan wins, then Ohio State would fall out anyway.

Hell, their broadcast starts off with "Rule Number 1: Don't lose", yet they rank us behind several 1 loss teams and even a 2 loss LSU. If they were really doing it right, three teams wouldn't separate Ohio State and Oklahoma in the rankings and LSU would be behind UCF, Oklahoma & Ohio State.

The worst part of this "historic" ranking is the line that no "Group of 5" team has ever risen this high. If there is any bit of "Fake News" going on in this country at the moment, the terms "Power 5" and "Group of 5" are it. Last I checked their are 129 FBS teams (+ 1 transitional). UCF has fought hard to win 23 games in a row, our team, alumni and fans deserve more than having a bunch of blue bloods huddled in a room throwing us a bone. SOS be damned, winning 23 in a row is near impossible, that's why so few teams have done it.

As Herbstreit has said on many an occasion "on paper" UCF at #9 looks great, but honestly, it's just the CFP committee trying to placate us once again.
We are sounding like the biggest whiners in college football. It’s become almost embarrassing

JWB!

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Just think where we’d be had we been properly ranked to start the season. I don’t think any P5 team would drop so precipitously under similar circumstances (losing coach, players to draft, etc.) while retaining a top 10 Heisman candidate and a lot of the talent. Sure, teams would’ve jumped us here and there due to the “weak schedule” rhetoric, but the higher ranking to start the season would’ve put more eyes on us to see just how good we are instead of seeing us for the first time in the second to last game of the regular season.

JWB so we can watch the same story play out next year, I guess.

We are sounding like the biggest whiners in college football. It’s become almost embarrassing

JWB!

I'm proud of our team. I'm proud we're ranked #9. Winner's win, and that's what they do, but they deserve better. What would be embarrassing is losing site of ADDW's message: that the system is broken and needs to be changed.

The fact remains, the committee didn't risk a thing by placing us ahead of OSU.

If you're happy with a pat on the head and being handed a cookie, enjoy.

JWB!

This is true. BUT, without Danny White making noise, and without the UCF fans and twitter mafia blowing up the talking heads we would not be getting this recognition. The 23 game winning streak would be a nice story, but not a national phenomenon like it is now. UCF is the talk of college football! The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Maybe our dialogue should change now, since it seems the talking heads have finally seen what we have been asking them to, take a look at, this team. Judge this team on it's own merit, not made up criteria like SoS (which can be manipulated to serve your own purpose) or the conference we play in, etc, etc. But actually watch the team play, then critique.

We are not there yet, but a few more 10 win seasons and I think you can clearly state that UCF is an elite program in a mid-major conference.

I do wish we could convince our fan base to ignore the ridiculous comments on twitter from the buffoons from other fan bases or people like Doug Gottlieb who was obviously just looking for someone to finally click on his twitter comments.

The fact remains, the committee didn't risk a thing by placing us ahead of OSU.
They aren’t out to get UCF. We are #9. That’s a pretty high ranking considering we beat #24 Cincinnati and unranked at the time Pittsburgh

They probably didn’t even think about this. Maybe they were just looking at the facts.

ADVERTISEMENT