ADVERTISEMENT

I won the Master's lottery

humanjerk

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2005
Oviedo
Pretty excited... been entering for as long as they've had it.

I'm going to the Tuesday practice round next year. Any tips and tricks for those who've been?

I'm going to the Tuesday practice round next year. Any tips and tricks for those who've been?
Concession stands insanely cheap. Oh...and bring your phone and don't turn the ringer off. They love that.....

Reactions: UCFhonors
Would love to walk around there. Follow Lefty and see how many tens of thousands he wins/loses.

Don't get doped into paying for parking. You'll see people selling "$20" parking all over the place. Parking is free on property.

Don't bring a phone with you or try to sneak one in....you'll just give yourself a long walk to the car.

I'd start to look for lodging now, and even at that, it will be crappy and expensive. Good option is staying in Savannah. You get a good night prior and you're a "short" drive the rest of the way to Augusta.

Walk the entire grounds. I started at one and walked it till 18. If you never been, it is worth seeing every hole. Wait till your 2nd time to plop down at amen corner or 16 for the day. First time you need to see ever hole, visualize every shot.

Go to the shop first thing. The line will get insanely long. So if you walk by and it looks short, jump in there, because it won't be short for long.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: humanjerk

Pray for no rain...as one of the practice rounds this year was virtually wiped out (no rain checks).

Get there early as you can in case they close the course due to rain.

If you get there Monday afternoon, you an buy Monday passes from some leaving at heavy discount as they allow 1 or 2 pass outs per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: humanjerk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT