ADVERTISEMENT

IDIOTIC TV News Coverage!

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
I turned on the TV and see that we have breaking news on the identity of the mail bomber. But ALL of the 24-hours cable news networks are giving us "OJ Simpson in his Ford Bronco"-style coverage of a flatbed truck driving down the interstate. Immediately I assumed the suspect was driving the vehicle and we were waiting for him to be apprehended.

Wrong assumption. The suspect is already in custody.

We're watching the truck because it's carrying the idiot bomber's van to some FBI facility to check out for evidence. Would somebody please tell me WHY IN THE HELL ALL THE NETWORKS ARE COVERING THIS FLATBED TRUCK'S JOURNEY LIVE??!?!?!?!!?!?

I've seen some idiotic TV coverage before but this has to top them all.

I'm actually shocked Fox took the time to stop their 24/7 coverage of the MURDEROUS GANG MIGRANT HORDE ABOUT TO INVADE THE UNITED STATES to report on this

Fox News' "invading horde coming closer and closer to us each day" angle has been hilarious to watch play out. Watching their coverage, you'd think that the US doesn't have any way of stopping 'this horde' once they make it to our border. My God, we'd better call out for the military to make sure they don't get in, right Mr. President? :)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Fox News' "invading horde coming closer and closer to us each day" angle has been hilarious to watch play out. Watching their coverage, you'd think that the US doesn't have any way of stopping 'this horde' once they make it to our border. My God, we'd better call out for the military to make sure they don't get in, right Mr. President? :)

I know I feel safer knowing the military is there to protect me from the single parents trying to find a better life for their children.

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
I know I feel safer knowing the military is there to protect me from the single parents trying to find a better life for their children.

I haven't been following much on that story but heard on local radio that it is mostly made up of 20s and 30s age men. Any truth to that?

I haven't been following much on that story but heard on local radio that it is mostly made up of 20s and 30s age men. Any truth to that?

I don't know, heard on my news where they interviewed a woman and her kids who left the country for a better life.

I dunno. Based on the crowd shots from TV, looks like a lot of young families to me.

Just remember: these “asylum seekers” were granted asylum in Mexico and yet they’re still marching to the US.

In other words, this isn’t at all a case of asylum

Reactions: UCFWayne
And so would you if you were in their shoes.

The issue to me is that they arent seeking asylum in earnest. Looking for a better life is one thing, but claiming you have to get out because there is an existential threat to you if you stay is another. I dont blame them for wanting to come here and think it would be fine if they did. But don't subvert the rules either.

The issue to me is that they arent seeking asylum in earnest. Looking for a better life is one thing, but claiming you have to get out because there is an existential threat to you if you stay is another. I dont blame them for wanting to come here and think it would be fine if they did. But don't subvert the rules either.

This is why lefties are dishonest. If they were really seeking asylum they’d be settling in Mexico right now. It carries a massively different legal standing than merely being an economic migrant which most of these people clearly are - and want to subvert our laws and immigration policy.

Breaking immigration law is almost a staple of the DNC 2020 platform at this point

Reactions: UCFWayne

Everyone talking about the rules like these people have had the same chances at life as you an me. They can't sit behind a computer and research for hours how to apply for citizenship, and hope trump's insane foreign policies will let them.

If you watched early on, no. Many have peeled off the group with others replacing them. Now it is mostly 20 to 30 year old men.

If you watched early on, no. Many have peeled off the group with others replacing them. Now it is mostly 20 to 30 year old men.

This is, of course, 100% bullshit, just like nearly everything this poster types. Please only use facts and support your argument with sources.

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting that same sinking feeling I did watching the massive orc army advance on Helm's Deep in LOTR: The Two Towers.

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting that same sinking feeling I did watching the massive orc army advance on Helm's Deep in LOTR: The Two Towers.

This will be way worse. I don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Should be on all the major news outlets, Mainstream Media conspiracy to keep it out, this will end the united states as we know it.

Oh boy color me shocked- Mexico offered every single person refugee status and benefits since they’re “seeking asylum” and most all of them rejected the offer.

Meanwhile there are millions of Syrians with actual, legit claims for asylum who would kill to reside in Mexico yet are stuck in camps in Turkey and Lebanon

Oh boy color me shocked- Mexico offered every single person refugee status and benefits since they’re “seeking asylum” and most all of them rejected the offer.

Meanwhile there are millions of Syrians with actual, legit claims for asylum who would kill to reside in Mexico yet are stuck in camps in Turkey and Lebanon

Mexico offered them temporary (45 day) benefits.

Leave it to the good christian 85 to lie (again) while shitting on brown people. How does this even effect you? You just blindly swallow the GOP party line like a good little dog, parroting whatever shit they tell you to say, absolutely incapable of thinking for yourself.

Here’s the actual AP story from today that describes the New Mexican Gov offer- ability to apply for refugee status ASAP, benefits ASAP, which would then lead towards permanent resident status in certain states.

A very good offer for “asylum seekers”.

https://apnews.com/e79053d96a194ba6b5ae7af4111111c0

Well, pack it up folks. 85 has already determined that this offer is good enough for these people. Thanks for making that decision for them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT