ADVERTISEMENT

I'll just leave this here...

SantaBarbaraSker

Three-Star Recruit
Nov 4, 2005
UCF VS Nebraska
x2E0xso.jpg

Do you have a national championship comparison with teams like army and Minnesota? Nebraska’s are getting to the point where they are just as relevant.

Reactions: UCFBS and Miltonian
I'll just leave this here. Frost hates Nebraska fans. memories are a hard thing to get rid of. HE HATES YOU!

Funny you’re on “Devrys” board trying to justify your “blue blood” status. I bet UM, tOSU and State all laugh at you. Seriously, Nebraska will never be an elite program again. You all are the golem of the NCAA searching for your precious. Enjoy the memories but you’re BYU now.

Reactions: jfayer
Funny you’re on “Devrys” board trying to justify your “blue blood” status. I bet UM, tOSU and State all laugh at you. Seriously, Nebraska will never be an elite program again. You all are the golem of the NCAA searching for your precious. Enjoy the memories but you’re BYU now.
Back when the Nebraska program started, they played the likes of the Omaha YMCA. I guess the SEC and B1G couldnt be bothered.
It took the B1G over a hundred years to finally extend them an invite.**

Last edited:
Some more stats:
1) Since 2004, when we actually changed from having a football team to a football program, we have 3.3 Conference Titles and played for two others. Seriously, that's when the clock really started ticking on us. Before that we just threw a team out on an off-campus field. We had no budget, no facilities...pretty much nothing. In fact, we didn't have a stadium we could claim as our own until 2007. We have gotten to watch a program grow from nothing to what it is today in just roughly 13 years. I think it's just as unique an experience as having the label of being a storied program...just different.
2) Since 2004 Nebraska has ZERO conference titles. To your credit, you did play for three.
3) I graduated in 1996 and at that time there were only 26K students. In 2004 we had 42K. Now UCF has well over 60K.
4) In 2004 Nebraska had 22K students. In 2015 you had 26K students.
5) Since 2004 UCF has won a BCS bowl game.
6) Since 2004 Nebraska hasn't played in a BCS or CFI (Invitational....it's not a playoff) bowl game.
7) Lincoln TV market has a total of 277K people. Heck, the whole state has about 1.9 million people.
8) Orlando TV market alone has a total of 1.5 million people.
9) College football is more and more a Nationwide sport, so kids have to choose between living in Lincoln or Orlando.

At this point nobody cares what you did a generation ago. That's great stuff to reflect on as fans but that doesn't effect what is going on now. Ultimately what matters is what the product on the field looks like now. You do realize kids you're recruiting could care less about stuff that happened before they were born?

We have massive upside. We are pumping out about 15K grads per year. Oh yeah, we're smack dab in the middle of one of the best recruiting hotbeds in the country. Our football fanbase will not be able to be ignored in the decades to come, especially when talk about TV Contracts and Conferences occurs. What we really only lack is time and opportunity. Time is going to happen. It can't be stopped. For now our opportunities have been limited by the powers that be.

Some more stats:
1) Since 2004, when we actually changed from having a football team to a football program, we have 3.3 Conference Titles and played for two others. Seriously, that's when the clock really started ticking on us. Before that we just threw a team out on an off-campus field. We had no budget, no facilities...pretty much nothing. In fact, we didn't have a stadium we could claim as our own until 2007. We have gotten to watch a program grow from nothing to what it is today in just roughly 13 years. I think it's just as unique an experience as having the label of being a storied program...just different.
2) Since 2004 Nebraska has ZERO conference titles. To your credit, you did play for three.
3) I graduated in 1996 and at that time there were only 26K students. In 2004 we had 42K. Now UCF has well over 60K.
4) In 2004 Nebraska had 22K students. In 2015 you had 26K students.
5) Since 2004 UCF has won a BCS bowl game.
6) Since 2004 Nebraska hasn't played in a BCS or CFI (Invitational....it's not a playoff) bowl game.
7) Lincoln TV market has a total of 277K people. Heck, the whole state has about 1.9 million people.
8) Orlando TV market alone has a total of 1.5 million people.
9) College football is more and more a Nationwide sport, so kids have to choose between living in Lincoln or Orlando.

At this point nobody cares what you did a generation ago. That's great stuff to reflect on as fans but that doesn't effect what is going on now. Ultimately what matters is what the product on the field looks like now. You do realize kids you're recruiting could care less about stuff that happened before they were born?

We have massive upside. We are pumping out about 15K grads per year. Oh yeah, we're smack dab in the middle of one of the best recruiting hotbeds in the country. Our football fanbase will not be able to be ignored in the decades to come, especially when talk about TV Contracts and Conferences occurs. What we really only lack is time and opportunity. Time is going to happen. It can't be stopped. For now our opportunities have been limited by the powers that be.

[roll]If it happened yesterday, it’s history...now you’re the arbitrator for which history counts.

Ask anyone in the country (other than the 200 UCF fans in existence) which team is a college football “blue blood” program, UCF or NU...100% of respondents would say NU.

Don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed a more delusional, less knowledgeable fanbase. You play in a crap conference, against shit competition. You will never make the college football playoffs (this year, or in the future). Nebraska or another real team, in a real conference, with real facilities, and real fan support, will take your coach, and you will be back to your junior college status.

This is going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: FrostTroll
[roll]If it happened yesterday, it’s history...now you’re the arbitrator for which history counts.

Ask anyone in the country (other than the 200 UCF fans in existence) which team is a college football “blue blood” program, UCF or NU...100% of respondents would say NU.

Don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed a more delusional, less knowledgeable fanbase. You play in a crap conference, against shit competition. You will never make the college football playoffs (this year, or in the future). Nebraska or another real team, in a real conference, with real facilities, and real fan support, will take your coach, and you will be back to your junior college status.

Do us a favor and win 10 games so OUR boy Scotty can destroy your souls on National TV. The prodigal son isn’t coming home, and you’re going to have watch from afar.

Have you decided how you are going to handle our NY6 victory?

Maybe Tommy Frazier will start coaching?

Reactions: Mikesi

what the hell does blue blood even mean? Is that something Nebraska created to give themselves a sense of meaning/belonging?

No one here has claimed UCF is a traditional power, only that if you put them side to side since 2000, UCF has the upper hand (Que Nebraska fans bringing up their YMCA victories). Many UCF fans have rightly stated that Nebraska is no longer a blue blood. Even some on your own board are pointing out that the reason y'all got stuck with Riley is because no one else wanted the job. Everyone has down years, but blue bloods don't have down decades...

But every internet poster has the right to their own opinion so if telling UCF fans that Nebraska is a better program is what gets your rocks off, who am I to judge?

People with blue blood have had all the O2 sucked out of em...

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
I'll just assume this Santa is just another poor idiot who never stepped foot in a college classroom but acts like he is part of a team to bring some meaning to his pathetic life. Geez we are getting a lot of those types here.

Ok, here are a few things our team has done in this century while you have been an easy whore for two different conferences:

BCS bowl win
4 or 5 conference championships (I lose count, sorry for that)
3 time NFL pro bowl QB (I actually bought the shoes he wore in the last game, need to dig those out)
3rd overall pick in the NFL draft
2nd all time single season rushing record

And I'm sure our smarter guy can add to the list....

Not bad for a Devry or junior college or whatever.

Yes, the nu program was awesome for a long time but even using the term " blue blood" shows how far back in the past your "rust belt" team was actually relevant.

It's clear to all of us that you guys need Frost more than we do....being shut out of every significat moment in this century must be hard for you to take.

Ooohhh. This guy is good. Honors is not going to be happy about another troll of this caliber on this board. We may need a troll off.

Guys, just give Nebraska credit. That football program is literally all they have. It's not a good school or state, but.....futball!!!.

Hah! Nice history.
Much like the Ottoman Empire, the only time I'm ever reminded of it is when I put my feet on it.

Also, education smack? Please.
I am an alumnus of a BIG10 school as well, but I don't need to be to tell you that you are the sh!t stain of the conference.

I see your football team is 4-6 with 2 losses looming, so feel free to hang out here so you can bask in our current glory with us.

cheers!

Seriously dude, nobody gives a flying **** about Nebraska anymore. Go shuck some corn or something. Jesus...
I bet Scott Frost take on Nebraska is much different than yours. Not saying Scott Frost is going to take the Nebraska job, but quit trying to act like Nebraska is a terrible football program, hell you guys were 0-12 just two years ago. Be happy where you are at right now and enjoy the ride. Hell Alabama won't be on top forever either, but they will always be a good program even during there down years.

I bet Scott Frost take on Nebraska is much different than yours. Not saying Scott Frost is going to take the Nebraska job, but quit trying to act like Nebraska is a terrible football program, hell you guys were 0-12 just two years ago. Be happy where you are at right now and enjoy the ride. Hell Alabama won't be on top forever either, but they will always be a good program even during there down years.
Nebraska fans comparing themselves to Alabama
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

That’s the point you NE fans fail to understand. Even on a “down year” for Alabama they lose 1-2 games and still make a NY6 bowl. There is no such thing as a down decade for the true “blue bloods” in college football. Your fan base fails to understand that the college football landscape has changed significantly since you were last relevant. Your program will never be the NE of old because there isn’t much to offer up there. It’s not the old days when you could just suit up a team of farm grown NE boys with a handful of California skill players and still be formidable. CFB has evolved and places like Nebraska are just not attractive to recruits anymore. Your history is irrelevant at this point because athletes being recruited these days have seen UCF win a NY6 bowl while never seeing NE win anything substantial in their lifetime.

If my team was 4-6, I'd have the same outlook...either that or shoot myself in the face.
Didn’t you’re team just go 0-12 two years ago? Followed by 6-7 and a loss to Arkansas St. at the end of the 2016 season...an Arkansas St. team, Nebraska beat this year.

Didn’t you’re team just go 0-12 two years ago? Followed by 6-7 and a loss to Arkansas St. at the end of the 2016 season...an Arkansas St. team, Nebraska beat this year.

Yeah, and you know what I DIDN'T do?

Run over to the message board of a team we don't even play and run my mouth about how awesome our 2013 season was.

You guys really don't get it do you? You're NOT ON THE NEBRASKA BOARD.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

You've been reduced to bragging about beating an Arkansas STATE team THIS YEAR that we lost to LAST YEAR.

That's how sad Nebraska football has become. I'm literally embarrassed for you. Frost may go to you guys next year and I wouldn't be heartbroken. We'll be fine. But you guys? I kind of want you to get him if for no other reason than it's just sad at this point.

Yeah, and you know what I DIDN'T do?

Run over to the message board of a team we don't even play and run my mouth about how awesome our 2013 season was.

You guys really don't get it do you? You're NOT ON THE NEBRASKA BOARD.
You going to cry or continue to talk football?

You've been reduced to bragging about beating an Arkansas STATE team THIS YEAR that we lost to LAST YEAR.

That's how sad Nebraska football has become. I'm literally embarrassed for you. Frost may go to you guys next year and I wouldn't be heartbroken. We'll be fine. But you guys? I kind of want you to get him if for no other reason than it's just sad at this point.
You’ve won one major bowl and string together some wins and now your the Alabama of college football. Learning to win can be hard for some...I promise it will not continue, ask all the non-p5 schools who are here today and gone tomorrow.

You’ve won one major bowl and string together some wins and now your the Alabama of college football. Learning to win can be hard for some...I promise it will not continue, ask all the non-p5 schools who are here today and gone tomorrow.

No, no, no....we're not the "Alabama of college football". We're just not Nebraska bad.

BTW, the "Alabama of college football" is Alabama you dolt.

Speaking of here today and gone tomorrow....

Nebraska Football 1997, please meet Nebraska football 2017.

When your GREATEST accomplishment in 15 years is just getting a guy born in Lincoln, that played in Lincoln and has family in Lincoln to move back to Lincoln...maybe you really shouldn't be running around to other message boards bragging about how awesome you are.

Congrats on possibly pulling off what should be the easiest feat imaginable.

ADVERTISEMENT