ADVERTISEMENT

I'll just leave this here...

B
You’ve won one major bowl and string together some wins and now your the Alabama of college football. Learning to win can be hard for some...I promise it will not continue, ask all the non-p5 schools who are here today and gone tomorrow.
Big difference, none of those schools have the infrastructure or direct access to a medium to major city directly at their finger tips.

They are all mid majors, in the middle of nowhere, no tv market, no city nearby (besides boise...which is still boise), small alumni bases, limited funding. Thats not a problem for UCF, and with each year, we gain another 15-20k alumni who are growing support for UCF and more willing to donate.

Heck in the last 2-3 weeks we raised over 4mill just for frost basically. We are at the starting line.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
There is no denying the P5 thing is the last major hurdle. We're on the wrong side of the fence. We can still win 13 games a year, go to a NY6 bowl, MAYBE sniff a playoff bowl after a few undefeated seasons and the stars aligning, but no way could it be consistent.

Once that P5 hurdle gets crossed, every other school in Florida is in BIG trouble. Location, facilities, campus, enrollment...UCF is better than every other school in Florida with regard to those things. Tradition doesn't matter in Florida as much as it does in the midwest. Florida is a state full of transplants. It's a "what's hot RIGHT NOW" kind of state.

giphy.gif

There is no denying the P5 thing is the last major hurdle. We're on the wrong side of the fence. We can still win 13 games a year, go to a NY6 bowl, MAYBE sniff a playoff bowl after a few undefeated seasons and the stars aligning, but no way could it be consistent.

Once that P5 hurdle gets crossed, every other school in Florida is in BIG trouble. Location, facilities, campus, enrollment...UCF is better than every other school in Florida with regard to those things. Tradition doesn't matter in Florida as much as it does in the midwest. Florida is a state full of transplants. It's a "what's hot RIGHT NOW" kind of state.
Eventually our alumni population will overtake most P5 programs in a few decades. More alumni means more boosters.

You’ve won one major bowl and string together some wins and now your the Alabama of college football. Learning to win can be hard for some...I promise it will not continue, ask all the non-p5 schools who are here today and gone tomorrow.
...and we are 1-0 against them too.

Didn’t you’re team just go 0-12 two years ago? Followed by 6-7 and a loss to Arkansas St. at the end of the 2016 season...an Arkansas St. team, Nebraska beat this year.

Do you realize who our coach was last year? Are you really that stupid?

Not sure what's worse, your lack of logic or basic grasp of the English language. Great representative of Nebraska here.

Living in Kansas City I actually have a few Nebraska friends who have agreed that UCF is better now and will CONTINUE to be better in the future.

They are well informed fans who aren't delusional like these trolls but rather see the most significant advantage that UCF happens to possess.... location.

Nebraska is a slow blundering turd that mirrors its state; one with very few skilled players but dominant lineman.

Unfortunately, we aren't in the 80's or 90's and the result is a team that relies on one or two athletic players to carry its offense when successful teams have a plethora of playmakers. That's why when one of these few athletic players goes down with an injury... ex Armstrong, the season is ruined.

Of course you will continue to get the occasional out of state recruit who is enticed by the plethora of BBW the university happens to possess. But all in all, nothing can be done to reverse the continual mediocrity that is Nebraska football... because it's in Nebraska.

We may be G5 now with no shot at the playoff, but if we're being real, the undefeated Big 10 West leader is only in the conversation because so many teams have lost 2 games. If 4 of the other conferences and Big10 east have an undefeated or 1 loss team, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa or any other hot garbage from the Big 10 West is getting left out too.

I like teasing them about this too, especially FrostTroll, but there is truth to it. Major programs struggle. Nebraska hasn't really "struggled" too much. They have a good number of 9 and 10 win seasons in the last 15 years. Their problem is they can't win any meaningful games. You can win 9 games and still be irrelevant, which is what they've been. The truly scary part for Nebraska fans though is that the trend is going down and it's going down fast.

That’s the point you NE fans fail to understand. Even on a “down year” for Alabama they lose 1-2 games and still make a NY6 bowl. There is no such thing as a down decade for the true “blue bloods” in college football. Your fan base fails to understand that the college football landscape has changed significantly since you were last relevant. Your program will never be the NE of old because there isn’t much to offer up there. It’s not the old days when you could just suit up a team of farm grown NE boys with a handful of California skill players and still be formidable. CFB has evolved and places like Nebraska are just not attractive to recruits anymore. Your history is irrelevant at this point because athletes being recruited these days have seen UCF win a NY6 bowl while never seeing NE win anything substantial in their lifetime.
You are wrong about Alabama during their down years. Between Stallings and Saban here is their record.
1997 - 4-7
1998- 7-5
1999- 10-3
2000- 3-8
2001- 7-5
2002-10-3
2003- 4-9
2004- 6-6
2005- 10-2
2006- 6-7
4 losing seasons in a ten year period, this was way worse than where Nebraska is right know. Find the right coach and things can change in a hurry when your program has alot of tradition.

Saban was 7-6 his first year in 2007

You are wrong about Alabama during their down years. Between Stallings and Saban here is their record.
1997 - 4-7
1998- 7-5
1999- 10-3
2000- 3-8
2001- 7-5
2002-10-3
2003- 4-9
2004- 6-6
2005- 10-2
2006- 6-7
4 losing seasons in a ten year period, this was way worse than where Nebraska is right know. Find the right coach and things can change in a hurry when your program has alot of tradition.

Saban was 7-6 his first year in 2007
What dont you get about locational recruiting?? Alabama has become a fertile recruiting ground every since more and more people in the US started moving south. Your home state has no talent.
THe only reason that michigan, ohio state etc are good is because they can hand pick talent from home when they cant beat FL/TX or CA schools for their recruits. Even the state of Iowa has better recruits.

Its not the 90's where you could line up a bunch of half brained corn fed white kids and hard nose everyone, then trick a few tommy armstrongs into coming every few years by giving them a couple bucks.

Present day, you need smart, fast players. Tommy armstrong in 2017 would be headed anywhere but nebraska.

It's amazing how relevant a G5 is to a long busted and broken down, alleged "P5"

What dont you get about locational recruiting?? Alabama has become a fertile recruiting ground every since more and more people in the US started moving south. Your home state has no talent.
THe only reason that michigan, ohio state etc are good is because they can hand pick talent from home when they cant beat FL/TX or CA schools for their recruits. Even the state of Iowa has better recruits.

Its not the 90's where you could line up a bunch of half brained corn fed white kids and hard nose everyone, then trick a few tommy armstrongs into coming every few years by giving them a couple bucks.

Present day, you need smart, fast players. Tommy armstrong in 2017 would be headed anywhere but nebraska.
You are such a idiot, by insulting the players who played for Nebraska in the 90s you are directly insulting your head coach. I think some of you guys are more hung up on the fact that Nebraska had a dynasty in the mid 90s and you are hoping to have one year like Nebraska had in the 90s.

There is no such thing as a down decade for the true “blue bloods” in college football.

The OP here is ridiculous. If you're going to compare Nebraska and UCF (which is pretty futile), you don't use totals. You use averages. Use average All-Americans per year, average wins per year, % of seasons reaching a bowl in the modern era.

But to reply to the quote above, I keep seeing this on the forum and it's not true. Maybe I'm older than some of the posters here so I remember when Alabama and Oklahoma and Notre Dame were in their "down" years, but most so-called blue bloods have in fact had down decades.

From 97 to 2006 Alabama had 4 seasons at .500 or less and 5 seasons with 7 wins or less and won 0 conference championships.

From 89 to 98 Oklahoma had 8 seasons with 7 wins or less and 6 under .500 and had a 12 year conference championship drought.

From 2005 to 2014 Michigan had 6 seasons with 7 wins or less and 3 under .500 and last won a conference championship in 2004.

From 1999 to 2008 Notre Dame had 6 seasons with 7 wins or less and 4 seasons under .500.

When comparing to Nebraska to these, we've had a lower % of 7-win seasons and a lower % of losing seasons during our "down" years - but our down years haven't been a decade. It's been a little over 15 years. From 2002 to 2017 we've had 5 seasons with 7 wins or less and 4 under .500. I would prefer to have a worse but shorter drought like the teams above. If it lasts much longer we'll become Minnesota. And won't be considered in that tier. To some we aren't anymore.

Reactions: ahabmw
It really is sad that fans of a "blue blood" program have to resort to such pathetic behavior. Coming over here to boast of their "greatness." Having to put down an upcoming program in order to make themselves feel good.

I read about how Nebraska had the "classiest fans in college football." Sorry...I don't see any evidence of that. All I see is arrogant, rude people who are getting more desperate by the second, getting increasingly hysterical at any evidence Scott Frost might turn them down.

Scott Frost is coaching UCF in 2018

Any news contradicting this is bogus and any Troll saying that he is going to
Nebraska is a complete moron

Stop wasting your time with this bullshit. These Nebraska trolls are desperate. That's why I'm barely posting on here anymore. It's a waste of time just talking about the same crap and clogging the board.

There's no doubt UCF is the future, nebraska made a fatal error leaving the b10. Now your recruiting sucks and there is no reason for southern kids to attend. And when compared to Nebraska we are a lot closer to Alabama than the huskers are

There's no doubt UCF is the future, nebraska made a fatal error leaving the b10. Now your recruiting sucks and there is no reason for southern kids to attend. And when compared to Nebraska we are a lot closer to Alabama than the huskers are

The move to the Big 10 was a great decision, and despite the lack of meaningful wins our trajectory here is better than it would have been in the Big 12. Our recruiting has been on the same level or better in the Big 10 as it was in the Big 12 except with Callahan. He was our best recruiter. Pelini's classes in the Big 10 were on par with his classes in the Big 12.

That’s the point you NE fans fail to understand. Even on a “down year” for Alabama they lose 1-2 games and still make a NY6 bowl. There is no such thing as a down decade for the true “blue bloods” in college football. Your fan base fails to understand that the college football landscape has changed significantly since you were last relevant. Your program will never be the NE of old because there isn’t much to offer up there. It’s not the old days when you could just suit up a team of farm grown NE boys with a handful of California skill players and still be formidable. CFB has evolved and places like Nebraska are just not attractive to recruits anymore. Your history is irrelevant at this point because athletes being recruited these days have seen UCF win a NY6 bowl while never seeing NE win anything substantial in their lifetime.
Mike DuBose 1997-2000 Overall .510 Conference .500
Dennis Franchione 2001-2002 overall .680 Conference .625
Mike Shula 2003-2006 overall .303 conference .208
History does not support your claims

You must really have some inside info - now we're leaving the Big 10?

Uhhh, Alabama is the Alabama of college football. Do you even know what year this is or are you just that dumb?

Use your context clues jack wagon.

You guys really should bone up on college football (it is played outside Florida).

Half of you think we're the "Huskies" and the other half don't have a clue what conference we're in. It's the "Big 10" and we don't have to stand on a street corner begging for donations to try to keep our coaching staff. You collected $4 million - wow . ..

We collect $51 million a year - every frigging year - from BTN TV money

You guys really should bone up on college football (it is played outside Florida).

Half of you think we're the "Huskies" and the other half don't have a clue what conference we're in. It's the "Big 10" and we don't have to stand on a street corner begging for donations to try to keep our coaching staff. You collected $4 million - wow . ..

Ain't inheritance great? Haven't earned squat but the old money cartel is still comfortable paying you, just for being you. (Nevermind that you are a shell of your old self.)

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Postgame interview with Frost really sounds like he's coming back. Talking about the Future of UCF and all the unlimited potential and ceiling. He's not giving uo his baby. Sorry Nebraska

We know football is played outside Florida, it is hust usually played by big ,slow hicks so it ain't worth watching.

You're wrong. Half of us don't care what you call yourselves and the rest of don't care what happens in the Big WashedUp.

So $51 million get's sub par AD, bad coaches and a 4-6 record? Good for you!

Go shuck yourself....

I bet Scott Frost take on Nebraska is much different than yours. Not saying Scott Frost is going to take the Nebraska job, but quit trying to act like Nebraska is a terrible football program, hell you guys were 0-12 just two years ago. Be happy where you are at right now and enjoy the ride. Hell Alabama won't be on top forever either, but they will always be a good program even during there down years.
For the record we are 1 and 0 against Alabama...;-)

Hey Nebraska fans, I call mercy. Stop it. You're the greatest football program to ever exist. We are just a junior college and play out of the back of vans which double as stereo speaker sales centers. You win.

I don't think any UCF fan is delusional about where we are or where we came from, we may have high hopes on where we are going though. I have never been to your campus but clearly when I read quotes about our lack of facilities,y'all have never been to UCF either. I predict of Frost stays it will be for a while. His choice is about money and such, but he can try to fill y'all's ridiculous expectations and get fired in 3 or 4 years or he can literally build a program where he sets the bar and not whacked out stalker fans and boosters with no patience. I hope he chooses to stay, but know this , UCF's trajectory is only up with or without Coach Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT