ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment Thread: Trump retaliating at anyone who wasn't willing to commit criminal obstruction

These shouldn't be public. Trump didn't do anything wrong, and if he did, Rudy was acting on his own.

Reactions: DaShuckster
It will be fascinating to see how the Republicans on the committee deal with Taylor.

It will be fascinating to see how the Republicans on the committee deal with Taylor.
Thanks to crackshot Republican questioning, Ambassador Taylor agreed with the assessment that the informal channels that got involved in the Urkraine's dealings with the United States were not "outlandish," just "highly unusual."

Wayne, I'm going to let you in on a secret. We all know Trump will be provided cover by republican senators who refuse to do their job.
im going to let you in on a secret. everyone is going to vote by party lines. nothing is going to happen, but a waste of time.

im sure youll be glued to your phone waiting for every single twitter update. at least youll be entertained.

I mean I see the strategy being used. Even though it is bogus the constant fake investigations can have an impact on the next election. That is the only strategy.
How can any objective adult watch that and say the Republicans are on the side of truth?

Jim Jordan and Nunes are creating a clown side show , that is not what defense of the Innocent do & if no one sees that they are too partisan or stupid to care

Reactions: DaShuckster
Here’s what we learned from this... when you’re entire defense relies on conspiracy theories cooked up on 4chan and Q Anon sites... don’t be surprised when military and high ranking State Department officials don’t know how to answer the questions you’re asking them...because they don’t know what the hell you're talking about.

Lol...there is literally nothing here. Funny you mention partisan too. I'm guessing you're just very open and non-partisan based on your posts. If you want to "get" Trump, this isn't exactly the best circus show to see.
It is the same accusation that is thrown at anybody that states the obvious about Trump. ‘leftist’

No I am not a lifelong Leftist and have voted Republican before , this is as lazy as the blanket TDS defense/name calling to normalize what before 2016 would be viewed as insane.

Damn that was pretty messed up.

I didn't realize trump specifically wanted the Ukrainian president to go on CNN to make the announcement in order to get foreign aid. I thought he just wanted a public statement.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Schiff actually said that he doesn't know the identity of the whistle blower? Please tell me that nobody actually believes him.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Damn that was pretty messed up.

I didn't realize trump specifically wanted the Ukrainian president to go on CNN to make the announcement in order to get foreign aid. I thought he just wanted a public statement.

Whoa. Who said that?

Also the timeline that was confirmed by the witnesses was that Trump was still withholding military aid until congress began to investigate. Then, 2 days after the committees were formed, he released it.

It sure looks like he realized he was about to get in trouble. Had the whistleblower not said something who knows what he would have done.

Also the timeline that was confirmed by the witnesses was that Trump was still withholding military aid until congress began to investigate. Then, 2 days after the committees were formed, he released it.

It sure looks like he realized he was about to get in trouble. Had the whistleblower not said something who knows what he would have done.

But they got the money so no harm, no foul.

Whoa. Who said that?
Amb. Taylor stated that in early September President Zelensky told Amb. Sondland that he agreed and was going to go on CNN to make a statement about reopening investigation. Then sept 9th congress starts investigating, Sept 11th Trump releases the aid and the CNN announcement never happens.

Amb. Taylor stated that in early September President Zelensky told Amb. Sondland that he agreed and was going to go on CNN to make a statement about reopening investigation. Then sept 9th congress starts investigating, Sept 11th Trump releases the aid and the CNN announcement never happens.

If this is all true then Trump has a major problem. Are there documents that show that CNN actually did schedule Zelensky like what was reported a few days ago? THAT would be the smoking gun and would guarantee impeachment

Nunez closing comments said
"We must postpone these hearings until three questions are answered.

1. Did Adam Schiff coordinate with the whistleblower.

2. Did Ukraine interfere in the 2016 election against Trump

3. Why did hunter bidden get a job on the Burisma board"

Literally none of that is in the scope of this investigation, this is about Trump using congressionally granted military aid as leverage to get a foreign country to help him personally and politically.

If this is going to be the republican game plan then I would say they don't have a lot to talk about.

If this is all true then Trump has a major problem. Are there documents that show that CNN actually did schedule Zelensky like what was reported a few days ago? THAT would be the smoking gun and would guarantee impeachment

I was just watching CNN. Fareed Zakaria confirmed. They'd been working to schedule an interview since Zelensky's election. It had all come together and was scheduled per Taylor's testimony. Zakaria confirmed that Ukraine scuttled the meeting right after the whistleblower report broke and the aid had been released.

This isn't new and was part of Taylor's testimony weeks ago and confirmed in reporting. This was the first time I'd seen Zakaria himself confirm the details of the interview.

I believe its confirmed by multiple witnesses. He'll be impeached but trumps not getting removed from office. Most people won't even hear about this. When they do hear about it they'll get the abridged version from their social media tribe and it will confirm their views of the other party.

Today mostly confirms to me that the Republicans still have no viable defense here. The best bet they have is to try and normalize this. The argument that testimony is second hand and hearsay is nonsense if you wont' let first hand sources testify. Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, and Rudy are who we should hear from to clear up all the details one way or another.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Today mostly confirms to me that the Republicans still have no viable defense here. The best bet they have is to try and normalize this. The argument that testimony is second hand and hearsay is nonsense if you wont' let first hand sources testify. Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, and Rudy are who we should hear from to clear up all the details one way or another.

They may not have a viable defense, but as I have said several times I think this is really based on a scorched earth "if I go down, you're coming with me" approach. This far it seems like Schiff has run interference which is why trump looks like the sole criminal. I'll be really surprised if there aren't numerous people on both sides who are exposed by the time it's all said and done.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
They may not have a viable defense, but as I have said several times I think this is really based on a scorched earth "if I go down, you're coming with me" approach. This far it seems like Schiff has run interference which is why trump looks like the sole criminal. I'll be really surprised if there aren't numerous people on both sides who are exposed by the time it's all said and done.
Are you just saying that because you believe that democrats are all corrupt or do you have someone specific in mind?

The whistleblower obviously knew what was going on because his or her claim is accurate. They didn't have first hand knowledge so why do we need them to testify and why does it matter even if they did coordinate?

Their claim is backed up by first hand witnesses, they brought it to light.

If its true and there was no law broken what does it matter, we have whistle blower protection laws so this stuff can be investigated further without fear of retaliation, not so the whistleblower can be the backbone of the case

The whistleblower obviously knew what was going on because his or her claim is accurate. They didn't have first hand knowledge so why do we need them to testify and why does it matter even if they did coordinate?

Their claim is backed up by first hand witnesses, they brought it to light.

If its true and there was no law broken what does it matter, we have whistle blower protection laws so this stuff can be investigated further without fear of retaliation, not so the whistleblower can be the backbone of the case

They need to be hung for disloyalty.

ADVERTISEMENT