ADVERTISEMENT

Impression of Jeff Jordan?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
He got his first start and I thought he played pretty good. He hustles on defense and sunk that one 3 pointer to give UCF a boost late in the BCU game. I wasn't impressed in the earlier games, but he looked good last Saturday. I think Marcus is better, but Jeff isn't too far behind. What do you think?

He is feeling a nice role and generally knows his game (i.e. his forte is not outside shooting).

The more PT he gets, he seems to be driving to the hole a bit more...and even though he missed a wide open 3 prior to making his late on...he still had to take that shot...(he was soooo wide open...and while the odds of making aren't that great...he has to take a FEW 3's to keep opposing teams honest).

Personally, I wouldn't begin to compare his game to Marcus...not at all (at least offensively).

Reliable outside shooting seems to be one of the bigger issues at this point in the season. If Clanton is continually double and triple teamed someone on the perimeter needs to be able to make a wide open shot.

The lack of perimeter shooting is allowing teams to pack in a zone and bring help when the ball is thrown into the post.

From a fan opinion, I am really impressed with him. He seems to take care of the ball well and get everybody involved instead of just Keith or Marcus.

I really like his energy. He seems a bit trigger happy at times. He's much better at dishing than shooting.

His shots in the 2nd half came off/in rhythm and seems to be gaining more confidence in his all around game.

Hope it continues to grow...because he will need some scoring from that guard spot in some tough conf games coming up.

I didn't think a whole lot of him until last night. Despite a few ill-advised passes, he played pretty well. If he can continue to hit his open jumpers, he can be a real asset the rest of the season.
glasses.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT