ADVERTISEMENT

In defense of Addison Williams

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Maybe he deserves another year leading the Knights defense. Hear me out.

Every Big 12 opponent that has beaten UCF has lost the following week.

K-State lost to Okie State 29-21
Baylor to Texas Tech 39-14
Kansas to Okie State 39-32
Chokelahoma to Kansas 38-31

Perhaps Addison Williams and the UCF defensive staff are putting together blueprints to defeat these Big 12 teams, and they just don't have the horses to do it yet. But the next opponents use A-Will's schemes to get the win.

(Or perhaps UCF just runs its opponents to death by making them march up and down the field with no end, and the opponents are too worn out to win the following week.)

If West Virginia losses at home to BYU next week, I will have to bump this thread because 5 in a row cannot be a coincidence.

Perhaps Addison Williams and the UCF defensive staff are putting together blueprints to defeat these Big 12 teams, and they just don't have the horses to do it yet. But the next opponents use A-Will's schemes to get the win.

(Or perhaps UCF just runs its opponents to death by making them march up and down the field with no end, and the opponents are too worn out to win the following week.)

If West Virginia losses at home to BYU next week, I will have to bump this thread because 5 in a row cannot be a coincidence.
This is beyond stupid but par for the course with this AL1 clown. All of those teams run their own different schemes but according to this AL1 weirdo they changed it to what UCF did that never worked for UCF.

Lmao at how stupid this guy is and/or how stupid he thinks all of you here are.

Last edited:
I’ll just say this about a certain ignored troll. Change the batteries in your sarcasm meter, and don’t inflate your own ego because you’ve figured out that water is wet.

Even Boise lost the next week. They also lost the week before they played us. Just like Kansas State, Baylor, Kansas, and West Virginia. I don’t think there is anything to us exposing these teams that wasn’t already exposed when they were losing before they beat us. If a team goes 1-2 over a 3 week span and the 1 win is against us then…surprise…we are the ugly one.

Even Boise lost the next week. They also lost the week before they played us. Just like Kansas State, Baylor, Kansas, and West Virginia. I don’t think there is anything to us exposing these teams that wasn’t already exposed when they were losing before they beat us. If a team goes 1-2 over a 3 week span and the 1 win is against us then…surprise…we are the ugly one.
Full disclosure I was trolling, but only because I am frustrated with UCF not winning and because it is a peculiar stat.

I think Addison Williams is a glorified front man, who isn't exposing anything. I think the brains of UCF's defensive operations is David Gibbs, who hates the media and doesn't want the official coordinator title.

Usually when teams lose after facing a certain opponent it is because they were physically manhandled. About five years ago, the opponents of LSU lost their following games because they got whipped and beat the F up against the Tigers. That's obviously not the case with UCF.

UCF's defense makes opposing offenses famous. Last year against Georgia Tech, for example, Jeff Sims went off against the Knights, but sucked against everybody else. His stats against UCF look nothing like his stats against other opponents.

That game should have served as a warning for 2023. TWill apparently took note.

Last edited:
Lmao. The gibberish AL1 posts makes sense to HIM. What innovative defensive schemes has Addison Williams come up with? Dude is not fit to be an FBS DC. Period.

The DL coach…is a BUST…those guys on the D-line are not getting coached up.

Lmao. The gibberish AL1 posts makes sense to HIM. What innovative defensive schemes has Addison Williams come up with? Dude is not fit to be an FBS DC. Period.

The DL coach…is a BUST…those guys on the D-line are not getting coached up.
You might want to read the reply above your post.

You might want to read the reply above your post.
Ok. It was too much…even for you. DL coach might recruit a guy or two but he’s worthless as a coach. There’s some talent on that DLine…those guys are not getting coached up.

Ok. It was too much…even for you. DL coach might recruit a guy or two but he’s worthless as a coach. There’s some talent on that DLine…those guys are not getting coached up.
You need to read my newest thread. It is not a troll. The DL has two coaches, and the unit is awful.

You need to read my newest thread. It is not a troll. The DL has two coaches, and the unit is awful.
We agree on that then. There are literally highways in the middle of that D-Line for RBs to go through.

LBs are not talented…the Kam Moore kid is not a P5 player, but there’s talent in the D-Line and they are playing horrible. UCF gives up 208 rushing yards per games 126/130 FBS teams.

We agree on that then. There are literally highways in the middle of that D-Line for RBs to go through.

LBs are not talented…the Kam Moore kid is not a P5 player, but there’s talent in the D-Line and they are playing horrible. UCF gives up 208 rushing yards per games 126/130 FBS teams.
It is scheme. You can't play an "attacking style" front with "build a wall" personnel. It is just dumb. The linebackers do not know their gap responsibilities because they change based on the choices of defensive linemen. For example, if a NG is free to choose his gap (the A+), the Mike has to adjust the A- accordingly. If teams use man blocking principles, this can work.

The Big 12 ain't middle school football, though. Kansas, Kansas State, etc., use diverse blocking schemes, such as pin blocks. I pointed out one play Kansas State ran against Missouri (the first scoring drive) where Kansas State arc released the left guard to block the corner and arc released the center to block the safety on a WR tunnel screen. Those teams playing chess; UCF playing checkers.

UCF's linebackers are horrible. Jason Johnson has more solo tackles than the No. 2 tackler for the defense has total tackles. That's INSANE!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT