ADVERTISEMENT

In the next 100 years, do you think the USA homeland could be invaded by foreign powers?

None of the services are worried about homeland defense. If America falls by force of arms, it will be because we tear ourselves apart.

I think it could be a 50/50 possibility that the USA may NOT be the the most formidable military super-power on the globe which could lead to an incursion. If another power were to invade the USA, which ones and why? (Japanese [via Alaska], Mexico and Britain invaded in the past)

Discuss.
WUT's to discuss ???

Save some impossible technological advance, what nation or combination of enemies could get a landing force within striking distance of a strategic center without being decimated?

The US is not the most formidable force that the planet has ever known for no reason. Our strength provides global security, our allies and adversaries prosper from it, and you all enjoy the benefits. You. Are. Welcome. Change fundamental human nature and then we can discuss the other issues

We are being invaded by Mexico now.

Serious answer, Yes we could be invaded, Likely no, very possible yes. Our progressive govt is doing all it can to turn us into weak sheeple, If they continue to weaken each generation, yes another country could be successful.

How are they going to get here in big enough numbers? America's greatest defense feature is the 2 big ass lakes on either side.
Unless Canada or Mexico do it, it won't happen

If something originated in Central/South America and they marched north I guess it would be possible but we'd be in Mexico before they ever made it to our border. At this point it's pretty much impossible. Canada or Mexico doing a sneak attack would be the only way but they'd be committing economic, political and literal suicide by doing that. Like 11 said though, no one would be able to assemble a force big enough without us knowing about it and going after them first. We wouldn't just sit at our border waiting for an imminent attack.

Reactions: UCF11and1
WUT's to discuss ???

Save some impossible technological advance, what nation or combination of enemies could get a landing force within striking distance of a strategic center without being decimated?

The US is not the most formidable force that the planet has ever known for no reason. Our strength provides global security, our allies and adversaries prosper from it, and you all enjoy the benefits. You. Are. Welcome. Change fundamental human nature and then we can discuss the other issues

EMP?

Lol it ain't a 1940s invasion. The global elites have been easily willing our "invasion" since they killed Kennedy, but now lets get back to sports ball games & consuming.

The OP is asking about invasion so we are answering.
Other thoes of attack? I think we are being attacked every day

If we unilaterally confiscate all the weapons in the hands of the citizenry, it would make it more enticing. However, compared to the rest of the world, even if you have the technological ability to remove the threat of nuclear retaliation, you still have to face up to the fact that we are armed to the teeth and have generations of trained soldiers living in the rural areas. Pacifying that force would take human capital that only the Chinese would be willing to invest. However, that isn't a threat, because the Chinese, at least to date, haven't shown any willingness to pursue short term strategic gains that things like invasion forces bring you. They seem to be thinking in terms of centuries and are banking on our economic collapse from within. I think people in this country grossly underestimate the potential for a major economic correction that places our ability to maintain our current strength at risk.

If we unilaterally confiscate all the weapons in the hands of the citizenry, it would make it more enticing. However, compared to the rest of the world, even if you have the technological ability to remove the threat of nuclear retaliation, you still have to face up to the fact that we are armed to the teeth and have generations of trained soldiers living in the rural areas. Pacifying that force would take human capital that only the Chinese would be willing to invest. However, that isn't a threat, because the Chinese, at least to date, haven't shown any willingness to pursue short term strategic gains that things like invasion forces bring you. They seem to be thinking in terms of centuries and are banking on our economic collapse from within. I think people in this country grossly underestimate the potential for a major economic correction that places our ability to maintain our current strength at risk.

This. Post WWII we were really the only game in town. USSR was a player but capitalism and strength maintained order while Europe rebuilt. I think it is safe to say that as a whole the old world has recovered and there are a lot more players on the field today. China's pursuit of a blue water navy and recent developments in the South China Sea is a signal that they are willing to take on risk if it fits their long term goals but as far as a direct conflict with the US, they don't want it any more than we do. Unfortunately we may be just a commander's mistake or two away from bigger problems. However, China's economy isn't all sunshine and roses. A US collapse would set them back as well, the whole world for that matter. China also has a huge powder keg of a population. What would really concern me would be serious economic issues in one or both countries. Nothing like a war to occupy the population. I fear that it would not one of these 'guns and butter' wars. The planet is only so big and has a finite amount of resources. Control or at least favorable influence is what everyone wants.

China is pretty dependent on US consumerism and will be for the foreseeable future. I can't see them doing anything large scale to hurt us, it would hurt them just as much, until they're able to develop a self supporting service based economy.

To further somethin
If something originated in Central/South America and they marched north I guess it would be possible but we'd be in Mexico before they ever made it to our border. At this point it's pretty much impossible. Canada or Mexico doing a sneak attack would be the only way but they'd be committing economic, political and literal suicide by doing that. Like 11 said though, no one would be able to assemble a force big enough without us knowing about it and going after them first. We wouldn't just sit at our border waiting for an imminent attack.

Shiiiiiit, I'd love to see someone make a legit invasion from Mexico. I may make fun of Texans, but those crazy assholes won't die easily. I got my odds on the Lone Star state versus pretty much anyone.

In 1917 the Germans tried to persuade Mexico to declare war on the US, to tie our military up and prevent them from heading to Europe to fight with the allies. The Germans were about to start sinking our merchant ships and figured the Mexicans could make for a nice distraction.

Unfortunately for them, their telegraph was intercepted and that actually pushed the US into war with Germany faster than anyone predicted.

Apparently the Mexicans did do a secret assessment to see if they could recapture their territories but the conclusion was "no way".

For us to ever be invaded, in terms of occupied, you'd need either Canada or Mexico going completely rogue and allying with a power that wanted to invade the US. This would involve amassing a ground force in either country and it would take years. There is no way to invade this country by sea.

Of course, the body count would be so incredible that I doubt anyone would try.

I do think Mexico could end up as a failed state in the future where the US must intervene to prevent a Syria-type crisis on our border.

Reactions: UCFhonors
In 1917 the Germans tried to persuade Mexico to declare war on the US, to tie our military up and prevent them from heading to Europe to fight with the allies. The Germans were about to start sinking our merchant ships and figured the Mexicans could make for a nice distraction.

Unfortunately for them, their telegraph was intercepted and that actually pushed the US into war with Germany faster than anyone predicted.

Apparently the Mexicans did do a secret assessment to see if they could recapture their territories but the conclusion was "no way".

For us to ever be invaded, in terms of occupied, you'd need either Canada or Mexico going completely rogue and allying with a power that wanted to invade the US. This would involve amassing a ground force in either country and it would take years. There is no way to invade this country by sea.

Of course, the body count would be so incredible that I doubt anyone would try.

I do think Mexico could end up as a failed state in the future where the US must intervene to prevent a Syria-type crisis on our border.

Zimmerman Note.

Took Rome 410 years to be sacked and 500 years to collapse once they transformed from a Republic to an Empire.

The US has only been an empire for 118 years. But things move quicker now.

So yes. Within 100 years we could be invaded.

By whom and when, no clue. But messing with others and giving out weapons like candy isn't a good idea.

Took Rome 410 years to be sacked and 500 years to collapse once they transformed from a Republic to an Empire.

The US has only been an empire for 118 years. But things move quicker now.

So yes. Within 100 years we could be invaded.

By whom and when, no clue. But messing with others and giving out weapons like candy isn't a good idea.

Good for the bankers & defense contractors tho

To further somethin

Shiiiiiit, I'd love to see someone make a legit invasion from Mexico. I may make fun of Texans, but those crazy assholes won't die easily. I got my odds on the Lone Star state versus pretty much anyone.
yes, I think Texas may have more weapons than Mexico (and all of Central America) and want a reason to use them

China is pretty dependent on US consumerism and will be for the foreseeable future. I can't see them doing anything large scale to hurt us, it would hurt them just as much, until they're able to develop a self supporting service based economy.
Until China finds a new country to buy their crappy products, USA is safe

Until China finds a new country to buy their crappy products, USA is safe

For that to happen, Wal-Marico would have to go back to the good ol' days and re-implement their policy of only buying and selling US made products.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT