ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

Good news for my I bonds. But the 10 year note hasn’t changed so it’s likely just transitory. Probably because 2020 was the first year of deflation in a while.
CPI was at 1.4% last December. We only had deflation in 2 months in 2020.

Empty shelves, inflation, sniffles surging, etc. Good times 🤪
The more crises they can create, the more Government will be the only acceptable solution, the more the People will allow (and even clamor for) Government to clear the restrictions keeping them from providing that solution. "Progress" wins in every situation; can the same be said of the People?

I guess we just need something like an Economic Stabilization Program (ESP), maybe even an Executive Order by the President or an Act from Congress?

• Haha
Reactions: Crazyhole
I guess we just need something like an Economic Stabilization Program (ESP), maybe even an Executive Order by the President or an Act from Congress?
Nobody is going to get that, but 1000% props.

Reactions: UCFBS
What a train wreck for this regime.
You're dumb enough to believe this.

This has nothing to do with an individual presidential "regime" and everything to do with piss-poor conservative policies since the 1980s that have caused an obscene wealth gap that keeps growing while some people still believe we need more conservative economic policy.

The empty shelf argument isnt accurate. First off, much of the country has had snow recently which delays shipments, and people head to the stores to make sure they have food before the snow and ice hits. ANd also people are buying more things due to not wanting to be out as much with omicron surging. People are acting as if people buying a lot of milk at one time is indicative of supply shortages, but any store who sells a lot of an item at one time is going to look like empty shelves. Stores dont have unlimited supplies of any product.

Florida is also having the worst harvest season since the 40s with orange an citrus, raising prices, which is Bidens fault too I guess.

Florida is also having the worst harvest season since the 40s with orange an citrus, raising prices, which is Bidens fault too I guess.
It's not a matter of who's fault it is, it's a matter of what will they do about it, if anything.

I didnt say you were a commie, but asking the government to step in and help for something makes some people think you are.
I guess. Like I said, it just depends on what they do. Personally, I think they need to delay the infrastructure spending until inflation comes back down, or preferably until we have a recession.

I guess. Like I said, it just depends on what they do. Personally, I think they need to delay the infrastructure spending until inflation comes back down, or preferably until we have a recession.
We've been in a recession for 20 years. Nobody realizes it because money has been free for the whole time.

We've been in a recession for 20 years. Nobody realizes it because money has been free for the whole time.
Not sure I'd go with 20, but 14 for sure. We needed to allow the 2008 collapse to happen. Oh well, I guess.

You're dumb enough to believe this.

This has nothing to do with an individual presidential "regime" and everything to do with piss-poor conservative policies since the 1980s that have caused an obscene wealth gap that keeps growing while some people still believe we need more conservative economic policy.

The D's passed spending in 2021 that was $3.2T in addition to the base budget of $3.6T and yet here you are crying about Ronald Reagan and meanie conservatives.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: THX_UCF2
The D's passed spending in 2021 that was $3.2T in addition to the base budget of $3.6T and yet here you are crying about Ronald Reagan and meanie conservatives.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I've been showing you deficit and spending numbers for almost 10 years and you kept trying to rely on projection bullshit.
Don't make me embarrass you again with facts.

Not sure I'd go with 20, but 14 for sure. We needed to allow the 2008 collapse to happen. Oh well, I guess.

Ehhhhhh...

o4zLrIZ.png

I've been showing you deficit and spending numbers for almost 10 years and you kept trying to rely on projection bullshit.
Don't make me embarrass you again with facts.

You're a moron. You're crying about "conservative fiscal policies" as being the issue or whatever, and yet I just showed you that the Democrats just dumped over $6T in spending in one single year. Literally sending people checks who don't need them.

Yet it barely moved the meter for anyone and now we have 60 year historic inflation on our hands.

"but muh 1980's and Ronald Reagan!!!!!1"

You're a moron. You're crying about "conservative fiscal policies" as being the issue or whatever, and yet I just showed you that the Democrats just dumped over $6T in spending in one single year. Literally sending people checks who don't need them.

Yet it barely moved the meter for anyone and now we have 60 year historic inflation on our hands.

"but muh 1980's and Ronald Reagan!!!!!1"

The 2021 deficit was down from 2020, Copernicus.

Stop commenting on things you don't know about. We all already know that all you do is look at the little pictures.

Ehhhhhh...

o4zLrIZ.png
Problem with this is we don't caculate inflation now like we did in the 60's thru 80's. If we did inflation today would look more like 1975 thru 1980. So while your graph is accurate it doesn't show the true picture.

That’s not an inflation graph…

I guess I shouldn't have just snipped the part of the picture I did. Crazyhole and I actually agree on this topic often, and the picture was more for him and I assumed he would understand.

The graph is interest rates, for those who don't know.

Our interest rates have been too low for over 20 years now. Pumping money into the upper echelons of our economy, the "job creators" who really need that money and always do the right thing with it. Too bad real wages for the vast majority of the population have been stagnant for this entire period.

Ehhhhhh...

o4zLrIZ.png
That shows about 14 years. Interest rates were 5.5- 5.75 in 07.

The late 70s were pretty anomalous, basically just a product of getting off the gold standard earlier in the decade. Regardless, I can't see any reason that interest rates should drop below 3%, even with a deep recession, and yet here we are 15 years later still unable to keep them above 1%. All we have done is prevent mark to market, and it's gonna suck big time when it can't be controlled any longer.

That’s not an inflation graph…
No, but the point remains valid. Interest rates should follow inflation, if for nothing else just to avoid creating asset bubbles.

Not that it matters anymore because banks can just create their own credit now. Liquidity isn't even a consideration.

That shows about 14 years. Interest rates were 5.5- 5.75 in 07.

The late 70s were pretty anomalous, basically just a product of getting off the gold standard earlier in the decade. Regardless, I can't see any reason that interest rates should drop below 3%, even with a deep recession, and yet here we are 15 years later still unable to keep them above 1%. All we have done is prevent mark to market, and it's gonna suck big time when it can't be controlled any longer.
I know what you're saying, but the drop from 6% to 2% back in 2000 wasn't anything to forget, either.

3%? I'd say 5-6% should be the low.

I know what you're saying, but the drop from 6% to 2% back in 2000 wasn't anything to forget, either.

3%? I'd say 5-6% should be the low.
That would make it awfully hard to climb out of deflation. Too much money would be parked, making investment in capital pretty unlikely.

That would make it awfully hard to climb out of deflation. Too much money would be parked, making investment in capital pretty unlikely.
Actually, I will amend that. 5-6% could be workable in some scenarios during a recession, if it was used to fund infrastructure projects that would actually stabilize the economy. You could generate a lot of funding for public works, assuming that it isnt just frivolous spending.

Only because they keep pumping money into the stock market. What capital improvements or investments can be made that will do better than 10% guaranteed?
We might find out if rates ever went up again and corps. had to use some of that cash on hand.

We might find out if rates ever went up again and corps. had to use some of that cash on hand.
I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't be much. I just don't see potential for growth in very many sectors of the economy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT