ADVERTISEMENT

***Inside the Dungeon - Athletic Department News***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Please keep this inside the Dungeon and do not post elsewhere, including social media. The news will likely be made public at some point on Tuesday.

It didn't take long for George O'Leary to be faced with his first big decision as athletic director.

Multiple sources have informed me Zack Lassiter, Senior Associate AD for External Operations, will join Todd Stansbury in Corvallis in taking a newly-created position at Oregon State University.

His hire at OSU - and departure at UCF - should be made public on Tuesday.

The move doesn't come as a total surprise. Lassiter was Stansbury's first hire at UCF and there had been whispers the past several weeks this could be a possible outcome.

As for where UCF goes from here, I'm told GOL has already made several decisions that will be announced in short order.

Like many of you, I had a great interactions with Zack throughout his three-and-a-half years here and I wish him the best in his new endeavor. I always appreciated Zack's willingness to be candid and transparent on UCFAA issues. He will be missed, but at the same time I'm also excited about the GOLAA era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.