ADVERTISEMENT

interesting thread at the Pitt board

Man, that was back in 2006. We sucked that season. After they beat us, though, they then lost their last 5 games. I call it the UCF effect. USF experienced it a couple times with us back in the mid-2000's.

He did win 1/3 of the Big East conference in 2010.

I like a lot of their posters. At least they are honest about the money they are pulling in, and they really struggle with how you can be mediocre for so long with all the financial and conference advantages they have.

Last edited:
I think its fair to say since our 2005 season, our fanbase had hopes for 2006 with Mike Sims-Walker as our playmaker. 42-0 to the eventually national champion Gators hurt that.
I thought we'd compete against Pitt too, but then we lost to Rice and we finished 4-8.

I think its fair to say since our 2005 season, our fanbase had hopes for 2006 with Mike Sims-Walker as our playmaker. 42-0 to the eventually national champion Gators hurt that.
I thought we'd compete against Pitt too, but then we lost to Rice and we finished 4-8.

That season was painful to watch. I was at the Pitt game and the gator game. Mike Walker tore his ACL during the Rice game. The students have no idea how good they have it. Back during the old days......

Reactions: dali drama
That season was painful to watch. I was at the Pitt game and the gator game. Mike Walker tore his ACL during the Rice game. The students have no idea how good they have it. Back during the old days......
He tore it twice? I remember him doing that in '05. He played the opening game against the Gators in '06.

Wanny is a very weird coach, in terms of how he’s remembered. He’s a yinzer so he’ll alwsys be cherished, and because of how far we’ve fallen since his peak he’s glorified a bit more.

He started a season 6-1 and lost the last five straight. He had a career losing record to Rutgers. He dropped more close games than he won. But, he also had ranked the highest we’ve been since the 80’s, brought in some top-notch recruiting classes, and had us one game away from the Sugar Bowl. He also has the fact that he was pushed out by a horrific AD.

Also, can you blame us about talking about the past when that’s all we’ve got right now? :oops:

Let's face it ... our 2005 was a fluke, and we won a lot of very, very close games.
We could have done far, far worse in 2005 than we did.

So 2006 didn't surprise me.
Kevin Smith was a great find, and by 2007, we really had C-USA locked up.

But we are 3x better now, than then.

That board is a weird place. I don't want to go back there.

Pitt is a weird school in terms of athletics. When I was there, you could see the history of a great athletics program, but it’s long gone.

I felt like most students there don’t care about the football program. Some of that is because as the school has grown academically they’ve accepted a lot foreign students. Add that in to it being a pro sports town and the Pitt football program suffers. Playing in Heinz field doesn’t help. Super nice stadium, terrible for college atmosphere.

Pitt is a weird school in terms of athletics. When I was there, you could see the history of a great athletics program, but it’s long gone.

I felt like most students there don’t care about the football program. Some of that is because as the school has grown academically they’ve accepted a lot foreign students. Add that in to it being a pro sports town and the Pitt football program suffers. Playing in Heinz field doesn’t help. Super nice stadium, terrible for college atmosphere.

There is one football school in the Northeast now. It's Penn St. Everyone else is dead.
These aren’t wrong.

Reactions: UCFBS
So yeah Syracuse is having a decent year. Rutgers is garbage. Temple is .500. Pitt is P5.
UConn is garbage. Umass has a decent basketball team.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
@BlakNGoldAllDay I tried telling you, Narduzzi is as stubborn as it gets. Would rather have an ILB cover a RB instead of bringing on an extra DB.

Good game. :(
I could see it if we had big backs but most of our guys are smaller and fast. At least do what we did last year with Griffen and convert him to LB. he’s small for a LB but fast. Can cover and blitz QB.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Pitt is 4.2 percent foreign students. UCF is 3.7 percent. Not much of a difference. But clearly, there IS a difference in the students accepted at the respective schools. It's the difference between being ranked 70th nationally and 165th nationally. Pitt cured polio 10 years before UCF even existed. Our first heart transplant was done the same year your school was founded -- and 38 years before UCF even had a medical school.

As for athletics, the history is hardly long gone. Who do you have in the NFL who can compare to Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyler Boyd and James Conner? No one. Eight NFL Hall of Fame inductees (tied for fourth all time) -- and more to come. You have 0 -- and none on the horizon.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Pitt is 4.2 percent foreign students. UCF is 3.7 percent. Not much of a difference. But clearly, there IS a difference in the students accepted at the respective schools. It's the difference between being ranked 70th nationally and 165th nationally. Pitt cured polio 10 years before UCF even existed. Our first heart transplant was done the same year your school was founded -- and 38 years before UCF even had a medical school.

As for athletics, the history is hardly long gone. Who do you have in the NFL who can compare to Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyler Boyd and James Conner? No one. Eight NFL Hall of Fame inductees (tied for fourth all time) -- and more to come. You have 0 -- and none on the horizon.

Hey douchebag this forum is about college football......Do you understand???

I guess we were successful in fumigating for cornhole cock roaches, now we have to eradicate the Pitt variety. They have even less team on the field accomplishments in the past 20 years than NGEbraska!

Your life is what you make of it...not what the name of the school is on a piece of paper. We don't care about your 100 year history and you should move on from the 70's and 80's. You had good teams and some great players but that is not recent history and your program needs to evolve. You want proof, look at the scoreboard. It says everything that needs to be said, or not said.

You know how a fanbase has died?

The few fans left are trying to troll on an inferior “g5” teams board, talking about their players that were drafted years ago and academics.

The greatest pitt bowl victory since the 80s was the Meineke Car Care Bowl :joy: The most relevant they have been this season is when Herbie said that “Texas was dead as pitt”.

That’s sounds like an embarrassing barometer.

Tyler Boyd and James Conner? Conner is only playing because Bell is sitting out and what has Boyd done? We have a couple guys that will be inducted into HOF in 8 years or so. Prater has longest FG ever and Brandon Marshall has a real good shot at it.

Tyler Boyd and James Conner? Conner is only playing because Bell is sitting out and what has Boyd done? We have a couple guys that will be inducted into HOF in 8 years or so. Prater has longest FG ever and Brandon Marshall has a real good shot at it.
Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, Mike Ditka, Mark May, Dan Marino. 1980's all-star team.

Pitt fan here.

- First off, good game and good luck the rest of the way.
- I’d ignore some of few who are trolling. As a fanbase, we know where our program is at, and right now it’s lower than UCF. You can ask @UCFhonors about his experience with our fans. We are in no position to be talking smack.
- The other Pitt fan didn’t choose the best examples. He was right with Larry Fitzgerald and Aaron Donald, but should’ve used our more prominent ones such as Darrelle Revis, LeSean McCoy, Dion Lewis, and Jabaal Sheard. If you go back to the 90’s/80’s/70’s the list gets better.
- We take pride in our academics and what our school is known for outside of sports, but UCF is also a great school. From what I heard, yins have a great engineering program.

Again, good luck the rest of the way (I hope UCF finds a way to sneak into the playoff) and safe travels for any of you who make the trip to Pittsburgh next year.

So you mufuggas cured polio, but your football players fall over every ten minutes because they thirsty? So you silly bishes given heart transplants, but can't figure out a quick slant or passing game for a young QB?

Alright.

I actually respect any and every P5 team that will play us in a home and away series right now. Pittsburgh included. They couldn’t hang, because we are playing great football right now. It’s lame, but it’s gamesmanship.
Unsportsmanlike really in a way. It’s a delay of game penalty

The flop thing will be addressed by the NCAA

Reactions: UCFhonors

Uh have you heard of Brandon Marshall? UCF in 2018 has the same number of NFL players as Pitt. UCF has had 3 first rounders the past 5 years. Prater and Marshall will possibly make the HoF. Sitton has been a pro bowl lineman for the past decade. AJ Bouye is a pro bowler and one of the best corners in the NFL. Bortles, Latavious Murray have been solid starters for a while. UCF has 4 or 5 DBs that start in the league. Maybe do some research. Congrats on those hall of famers from before UCF existed though.

I'm bored with all the Al Bundy fanbases who have nothing to talk about but glory days from 20-40 years ago.
Pitt fans find this very gratifying.........
rIn7pI.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT