ADVERTISEMENT

INTERVIEW: Former UCF Punter Mac Loudermilk

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Former UCF Punter Mac Loudermilk joins the Sons of UCF to break down the Knights loss to Duke in the Military Bowl. Plus, Mac offers his outspoken comments on the transfer portal and more.

Click here to watch.

Now Available: The audio version of this week's Show can be found by clicking here.

I have a few comments on this episode.

Moving forward, this is Gus's team. The players who stay on the roster in 2023 are "all in." The Hype-L fat will be officially trimmed/purged for good in a couple of days.

TWill checked out long before it was announced that he had taken over at Arkansas. There were rumors he was politicking like crazy for the Auburn defensive coordinator position weeks before. He did not want to remain in Orlando. I do not know why.

Sons of UCF seem split in whether Gus will pursue a transfer quarterback. Everyone sees the need. Everyone sees the inconsistent play from John Rhys Fumblee. No one is certain that Gus sees it. My biggest fear is Gus thinks Timmy McClain is the answer because he can dazzle against the scout team with Demarkcus Bowman as his running mate. I hope Gus understands that any scout team quarterback will look good with a superior running game.

Moving forward, this is Gus's team. The players who stay on the roster in 2023 are "all in." The Hype-L fat will be officially trimmed/purged for good in a couple of days.

TWill checked out long before it was announced that he had taken over at Arkansas. There were rumors he was politicking like crazy for the Auburn defensive coordinator position weeks before. He did not want to remain in Orlando. I do not know why.

Sons of UCF seem split in whether Gus will pursue a transfer quarterback. Everyone sees the need. Everyone sees the inconsistent play from John Rhys Fumblee. No one is certain that Gus sees it. My biggest fear is Gus thinks Timmy McClain is the answer because he can dazzle against the scout team with Demarkcus Bowman as his running mate. I hope Gus understands that any scout team quarterback will look good with a superior running game.
Timmy McClain had offers from Penn State , Wisconsin, and BYU to play QB when he entered the Portal

He is a local guy that has a chip on his shoulder .

Not sure you can say everyone is all in. That likely changes based on playing time, NIL, etc.

You think he can emerge as QB1?
I do but am skeptical. His #’s sucked at usf but then again…he always kept his eyes downfield, evaded pressure pretty good and he will now be a junior. Jrp is 36 and still cant figure out how to do any of that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT