ADVERTISEMENT

Ireland Trip

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
I just got back from a week in Ireland. I was supposed to go when we played Pedo St but my wife couldnt take the time off from a new job. Ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of great beer. Now I can be considered an expert on all things Ireland.*

Wore my UCF hat and got noticed by a few random people who knew all about UCF. Tour guide in Jameson immediately recognized us and said we had a lot of great people come through and tour. Some Irish lady in Smithwicks tour knew all about UCF sports training some how. Met a couple from Avalon and another couple from Orlando. In the airport flying home met another couple from NC that had a daughter enrolled in UCF. Thought it was pretty cool and worth a share.

Thanks for sharing...good to hear that you guys had a great time.

My wife and I love to travel. My philosophy had always been to not revisit any places we've traveled to because I have so many places still yet to visit and explore. That all changed after our trip to Ireland for the football game. Now, I can't wait to go back and we're planning our next trip there next spring/summer with our girls.

Reactions: UCFWayne
What, pray tell, is "good food" in Ireland? Must be something you can't get here.

What, pray tell, is "good food" in Ireland? Must be something you can't get here.

As many that took their first trip over for UCF Game and stayed in nice hotels: Irish Breakfast Rules! Good stuff!

I'd been there before so I knew the chow was good. (,Previously took a Castle/Golf tour all over Ireland. Food was amazing).

And yes, most of their meat dishes, Shepards Pie, Stews, delicious desserts, etc...Irish food is pretty dang good. Even simple lunches like Fish & Chips in the Pubs were delicious.

Guinness Chocolate Mouse anyone?

honestly, its all the same stuff you can get over here. the breakfast was great, but something you can get here. its not like french or italian food where it does get better going to the actual country. irish food is good, not great but it is better than english food. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT