ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too much to ask people to stay one more hour?

craig01

Three-Star Recruit
Aug 14, 2006
I just don't get the mad rush for the exits at halftime every game by many thousands.

It's not just students either.

It's embarrassing to see so many empty seats at halftime that were occupied .... during every game.

Someone recently said "if you go to a movie and the movie is ok or even good, do you leave in the middle?"

I'm glad the seats were occupied, but can't they stay just ONE more hour?

I just don't get the mad rush for the exits at halftime every game by many thousands.

It's embarrassing to see so many empty seats at halftime that were occupied .... during every game.

Someone recently said "if you go to a movie and the movie is ok or even good, do you leave in the middle?"

I guess 22 wins in a row and a Top 11 ranking doesn't impress them.

#notrealfans

I had a hard time watching this one on TV with no pressure to stay. What's worse: empty stands or fifteen thousand sleeping fans?

The stadium definitely lacked energy in the second half

This has been a topic for years.

Most students are just there to party and when the buzz wears off they're going to leave. Unless we play EDM for 4 hours and throw molly into the stands, students are going to move on with their days.

Additionally, its common knowledge that football is losing popularity among college students. They don't consider it an important part of the college experience the way people did a decade+ ago.

I agree with the above points that the game was not as fast as we're used to, it was hot, and, at this point, fans take winning for granted.

PS: yes it is too much to ask people to stay an hour longer than they'd like. It's not church.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT