ADVERTISEMENT

Is it wrong to say that you wish someone would have been aborted?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Let's just use AOC for example, but it could be any pro-choice advocate. If I say that AOC should have been aborted, it technically isn't saying that I wish she would have died or had been killed, because at that point it was just a tumor or a clump of cells. Can a person retroactively be pro-choice, or is that out of bounds?

Reactions: _glaciers
Let's just use AOC for example, but it could be any pro-choice advocate. If I say that AOC should have been aborted, it technically isn't saying that I wish she would have died or had been killed, because at that point it was just a tumor or a clump of cells. Can a person retroactively be pro-choice, or is that out of bounds?
I actually had this debate once. I used this exact argument when someone gave me the argument, "Women shouldn't even think about what the child may become, because it's inconsequential."

I'm 100% Pro-Choice, because I trust women more than the gov't, but that comes with the concept that women generally don't make those choices without deep considerations.

So I said, "Okay, how about you and I should have both been aborted. Neither of us have made any difference in this world."

Oh boy did she get irate! Everyone had to remind her I was a Pro-Choice Libertarian, and was just making a point that she's the type of Pro-Choicer that makes Pro-Lifers irate.

Last edited:
We will come to the point where that is actually an accepted practice.
CBS wrote a glowing article about some Scandinavian country where they’ve nearly completely eliminated Down’s syndrome. Pretty fücking dark when you realize that what they’ve actually done is test every pregnant woman and urge them to abort if the baby has Down’s.

CBS wrote a glowing article about some Scandinavian country where they’ve nearly completely eliminated Down’s syndrome. Pretty fücking dark when you realize that what they’ve actually done is test every pregnant woman and urge them to abort if the baby has Down’s.

I'm a 100% Pro-Choice Libertarian.

And we call it Pro-Choice for a reason. The Choice is the parent, ultimately the woman, when there is disagreement with the father. The key is, the individual, the parent, the future, responsible party.

What scares me is the government deciding, the mob of the people, the alleged 'greater good.' There are 2 things I side with the religious right on, and both are real, not imaginary.

1) Eliminating unwanted genetic disposition. I don't think people realize that eliminating genetics from our pool may end up hurting us long-term, in ways we never considered.

2) Breeding stem cells for profit. This is really happening, little different from harvesting organs. I am still a registered organ donor, because it happens regardless of legality.

I fear governments getting involved with #1 and #2, and yes, both really do happen.

ADVERTISEMENT