ADVERTISEMENT

Is NCAA Tournament why College Basketball such a failure?

Knightrogen

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Carolina had its worst regular season in a decade in 2010 and still barely made the NCAA tournament by getting NIT NO.1 Seed.

Is NCAA Tournment the reason why College Basketball Regular season is such a failure?

Let's get back to the glorious days of Indiana Hossier Basketball in the 70s. Everyone in the state would LISTEN on radio for a game. North Carolina Arena would be filled with Crowd coming from all over the state to watch North Carolina turning on Coastal Carolina.

Where has the past gone?

The reason might be a few: Before, College Basketball had no disparity and different teams upset top teams all the time. Every game was not a no brainer or decided before it was played.

Recruiting has gone a lot better thanks to more quality coaches in the club house.

Technology is a lot better. Now top recruits game could be watched all on TV.

Travel is easier. UK coach might recruit a LA kid from Cali in an hour..

There is more disparity. Why would I turn on the TV to watch UCF play Stetson if UCF has had Tacko Fall or BJ turning their game on? Why would a Duke fan actually have to worry their regular season game against Georgia Tech if Duke is actually favored by 12 points before the game? Oh wait, Duke lost to North Carolina in the rivalry game, but what does it matter? They still on pace for a top 2 seed in NCAA tournament!

College Basketball regular season stint is a no brainer to a lot of college basketball fans.

Why is college football more appealing to fans?

Comon, it is Iron bowl of undefeated Alabama playing Auburn, let's watch that~!

Oh wait, LSU is playing Mizzou while Mizzou is trying to clinch the division

Why is College Football such a success? I am a basketball fan but to the irony, I am more hyped about College Football Season way more than College Basketball.

What went wrong?

It is that College Basketball regular season has lost its own taste to a lot of fans. Oh man, don't even bring up OOC games.

Here is my solution: Get Rid of NCAA tournament.

A dead man smoking weed at the end of his life is no better feeling than living Michael Jordan's life every single day.

Make the G5 teams bidding for the 6 at large seed going to G5

The rest 32 teams coming from P5 teams (maybe including American,
3dgrin.r191677.gif
)

all 32 teams will be compared based on its resume

SOS
Last 10 games
RPI
Quality Wins
Match Ups
Conference SOS

A playoff like College Basketball Playoff.

Best of 3 games home/away

All games TV rights sold to Media bidding for the right

Home TV revenue is distrubted to each hosting school with Credit earned by conference basis

Get a HUGE TV $$$ and let $$$ do the talking

This post was edited on 3/18 2:39 AM by Knightrogen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News