ADVERTISEMENT

Is there really a QB controversy??

Coach Gus and the rest know best, other than you arm-chair QBs. Let the system work out and know the best man will win. Good luck to both. Look forward in seeing the team in 3 weeks. GO KNIGHTS!

Reactions: Yaes
I think I know what Gus is doing.

It makes sense to not announce a starter at all.

Play both QBs equally in week 1 and don't announce a starter. Heavily limit the playbook.

In week 2, Louisville doesn't know what to plan for. A super mobile QB or not; JRP and MK are so different. As a result of Louisville also having a short week, they can't fully prepare.

We gain a huge tactical advantage against Louisville because they don't have time to plan for 2 QBs, there's only 5 days between their first game and ours.

Play both QBs equally in week 1 and don't announce a starter. Heavily limit the playbook.

In week 2, Louisville doesn't know what to plan for. A super mobile QB or not; JRP and MK are so different. As a result of Louisville also having a short week, they can't fully prepare.

We gain a huge tactical advantage against Louisville because they don't have time to plan for 2 QBs, there's only 5 days between their first game and ours.
I mean, sure but how much planning do you really actually need for MK? Lmfao I mean really?

They are preparing for both before that first game. Not waiting for the short week. Thats the best part of the first few games. We are planning for them well before that week as well.

I like it Doctor! Element of surprise with good athletes!

Reactions: PhDee

Could be a 3 man race now?
Ive been the highest on TC on this board, claimed he will win the Heisman in the near future with a straight face 😳. I am not opposed to him being the starter, he has the most upside of any. Again, if a True Fresh is starting though, that shows bad recruiting unless he is Caleb Williams, #1 qb recruit of the class. I’d prefer he redshirt, JRP starts and it’s the TC show starting next year.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
In a scenario where Castallanos wins the job, tells me that Plumlee will be as useful as Wimbush and Gatewood. Also expect a wash season with freshman mistakes, Gabriel made his share of mistakes and he had Milton and Heupel as mentors.

Castallanos will have Keene as one his main mentors.

Just don't see this happening and would be more beneficial to have him see some action without having the entire weight of the team on his shoulders as a freshman.

Reactions: tjb74 and Knight59
Ive been the highest on TC on this board, claimed he will win the Heisman in the near future with a straight face 😳. I am not opposed to him being the starter, he has the most upside of any. Again, if a True Fresh is starting though, that shows bad recruiting unless he is Caleb Williams, #1 qb recruit of the class. I’d prefer he redshirt, JRP starts and it’s the TC show starting next year.
That is what I assumed was the plan

Reactions: U C to the F
Yeah, I would be shocked if he doesn’t redshirt.

I think he will get his three-four games though. I expect him to play against SC St, maybe FAU? Then I would probably save him until the end of the year. Depending on which bowl game UCF makes, I think it would probably be wise to get him some reps in the postseason heading into next season (obviously not if it’s a NY6 game).

Reactions: knight_tracker
You play the best guy, period. I think the days of saving a guy a year of eligibility with a redshirt despite the fact they're able to contribute to the team now are over with the current transfer portal rules. "Thanks for letting me keep that extra year of eligibility while I'm playing for another team!"

Reactions: Knight Strength
In a scenario where Castallanos wins the job, tells me that Plumlee will be as useful as Wimbush and Gatewood. Also expect a wash season with freshman mistakes, Gabriel made his share of mistakes and he had Milton and Heupel as mentors.

Castallanos will have Keene as one his main mentors.

Just don't see this happening and would be more beneficial to have him see some action without having the entire weight of the team on his shoulders as a freshman.
Castellanos is years away from playing. You guys are too funny.

Who you think is QB1?
I think it's Keene-JRP-TC but I also don't think Gus really wants to ride with Mikey. I believe Gus is trying to give as much time to JRP as he can in hopes he'll be able to win the job convincingly. The coach speak sounds like they know Mikey can do it, just won't be the way they'd ideally want to do it. They want a runner.

Reactions: Yaes
For those ready for Castallanos to start, are you ok with seeing a similar restricted offense like last year with a true freshman or is the belief that Gus will open the entire playbook this time around with a true freshman?

For those ready for Castallanos to start, are you ok with seeing a similar restricted offense like last year with a true freshman or is the belief that Gus will open the entire playbook this time around with a true freshman?
I think TC will be given chances to play in up to 4 games unless he really begins moving the offense better than the other two

Reactions: knight_tracker
Nobody on this board has enough information to properly answer this. If Castellanos starts at the beginning of the year (which I find highly unlikely) it'll be because he runs the offense the best and gives the team the best chance to win this year.

Reactions: 90Knight
I highly doubt he starts this year or plays in more than 4 games and doesn’t redshirt. He’s the future. It’s a 2 qb competition no doubt and I don’t see how JRP doesn’t win the job.

Yup could this be why Gus is going to wait as long as possible to name a starter? Would Mikey go in the portal and find a place closer to home if he was named backup??

Yup could this be why Gus is going to wait as long as possible to name a starter? Would Mikey go in the portal and find a place closer to home if he was named backup??
Would think Keene stays until after the season at least even if he loses the job. Only would make sense to transfer if JRP beats him and returns for his final covid year

Reactions: tjb74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT