ADVERTISEMENT

Is UCF basketball really this bad or has the team given up?

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
Wow..........The UCF men's basketball team dropped its second straight game, falling on the road at Temple by a score of 75-56 on Sunday afternoon. UCF shot 32.7 percent from the field and 5-of-16 from beyond the arc.

"We have to make sure our mindset is right," Dawkins said. "We get to go home. We have a great opportunity to play a very good Wichita State team at home and then close out with Tulane. They're two good basketball teams, so we're going to need to play well to give ourselves a chance to win."

Coach, it's the end of the season, our mindset should be fixed by now. We suck, and now we have to play Wichita State. Who's running the show here???

Reactions: PothTXKnight
maybe it's an intentional tank so they can have a Spring Break, NIT becomes less exciting the 2nd time in a row
I don't think we'll make the NIT. We're definitely losing the next game. Tulane at home is winnable. We just look extremely average without Tacko. BJ hurt himself two games ago before halftime and was trying to work-it-out in the hallway behind the bench. AJ Davis actually walked over and talked to him a but. I think he might have re-tweaked his ankle and who knows how much that is hindering him being able to drive and cut. We're not bad....just average at this point. At least we don't have any "bad" losses. Our losses are against quality teams (at least record-wise).

Reactions: ahabmw
We haven't had our top 3 players on the court at the same time all year. We haven't had 2 of our best players on the court for a complete game. You are going to have bad games on the road. Especially at a place like Temple. If we can put some wins together in the conference tourney we will be in the NIT.

Even if we don’t make NIT we go CBI. At the very least you get more practice time. That can’t hurt all of our guys that were new this year.

Reactions: Knight_Light
They look to me like they have shut it down. They probably don't want to get injured in a losing season. Time to play non starters if this is the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT