ADVERTISEMENT

Is white cancel culture uniquely American?

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
I just read a story where John Brennan says he is ashamed to be white. It got me thinking . With all this critical race theory and white loathing and systemic racism spreading through America like gonorrhoea in a brothel full of sailors , do the white people in England, Ireland , France , Russia, Poland , Norway , etc , do they also hate themselves ? Are they guilty of systemic racism too? England, Netherlands and Portuguese were the lead merchants in the slave trade. Are they reeling in guilt across the pond? Or , is all this today truly an American sin?

I'm totally with BLM. There are so many issues to address.

My problem is 'blame' does not that solving anything, but it just sells more US Media advertising, and helps lip service politicians. I'd rather we address the issues, and work the problem.

I'm totally with BLM. There are so many issues to address.

My problem is 'blame' does not that solving anything, but it just sells more US Media advertising, and helps lip service politicians. I'd rather we address the issues, and work the problem.
As smart and deep thinking as you are, I’m still astounded that you would back BLM given their roots in the weather underground, their embrace of the anarchist, cop-killer philosophies of Assata Shamir, and their embrace of Palestinian terrorist groups and their tactics. I would think that you’d be all for the rehabilitation of police-community relations but to be all behind BLM is surprising.

I just read a story where John Brennan says he is ashamed to be white. It got me thinking . With all this critical race theory and white loathing and systemic racism spreading through America like gonorrhoea in a brothel full of sailors , do the white people in England, Ireland , France , Russia, Poland , Norway , etc , do they also hate themselves ? Are they guilty of systemic racism too? England, Netherlands and Portuguese were the lead merchants in the slave trade. Are they reeling in guilt across the pond? Or , is all this today truly an American sin?
Brennan should be ashamed. He is the type of white that people hate. That old white dude that always has his hands in other people’s lives and protecting the government for the sake of the wealthy.

I’m not the kind of white that one needs to be ashamed of. At least not in that sense. Being white trash has its own sense of shame, like Pops is going to die in prison and I have premature hair loss from a meth fire.

Yes, of course it is.

"White" no longer refers to people who are Caucasian, "white" now means "someone whose ancestry can be possibly traced to a slaveowner in the United States".

Make no mistake about it, "white" is meant to carry a negative connotation of imperialism, enslavement, unfettered greed, and domination of the helpless. You know, things that white people went to war over ~160 years ago, but are alive and well in African countries like Chad, Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Madagascar, etc.

Being white is so unfashionable that self-hatred has become a virtue. In fact, it's possible to reach a level of self-hatred so great as a white that you are granted the ability to tell blacks they aren't thinking correctly in the cases where said black may be thinking a little too "white". funny how that works.

Further, whites living in Europe love to lambaste the racism of whites living in the US, meanwhile you would never find one of those child molesters living in a country where they put a "u" in the word color referring to a black as a true Brit. Hell, they throw bananas at black soccer players all the time and its become part and parcel of their soccer culture. can you imagine the headlines if someone threw a banana at Cam Newton?

So yes, white cancel culture is a result of living in a country so great that a gay black dude had to pay two Africans to pretend to be white and oppress him.

I just wonder why this hasn't spread to Europe,maybe it has. The fire might have started in 1619 but it was started by the Dutch ,British and Portuguese. Then when will sombody say, hey those people bought slaves from Africans who were selling them into slavery . it's like history has no context or truth .

I personally try to take people I meet at face value. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. it is sad that isn't enough any more. I think Europe must be laughing at us as well.

I just wonder why this hasn't spread to Europe,maybe it has. The fire might have started in 1619 but it was started by the Dutch ,British and Portuguese. Then when will sombody say, hey those people bought slaves from Africans who were selling them into slavery . it's like history has no context or truth .
I personally try to take people I meet at face value. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. it is sad that isn't enough any more. I think Europe must be laughing at us as well.
Actually, the French have some issues with our 'woke' and 'cancel culture.' Although there is some irony given French colonialism was still on-going into the '60s. They killed a lot of people too.

As smart and deep thinking as you are, I’m still astounded that you would back BLM given their roots in the weather underground, their embrace of the anarchist, cop-killer philosophies of Assata Shamir, and their embrace of Palestinian terrorist groups and their tactics.
Yeah, UCFBS!!! sk8 and I are ASTOUNDED you think those protests last summer were about the choking death of George Floyd by police officers rather than Assata Shamir and the weather underground!!! 🙄

Like most things in life, there's a balance. Should a freedom loving American alive today walk around in shame because of something their ancestors did? Of course not. Totally absurd. Should they bury their head in the sand and pretend that injustices of the past don't still permeate society today? No they shouldn't.

It's possible to have zero "guilt" while recognizing structural problems exist while debating steps you can take to improve those problems going forward.

Like most things in life, there's a balance. Should a freedom loving American alive today walk around in shame because of something their ancestors did? Of course not. Totally absurd. Should they bury their head in the sand and pretend that injustices of the past don't still permeate society today? No they shouldn't.
The thing I hear from conservatives is that today's 'leftist' historians want to TRASH our proud American history. Give. Me. A. Break.

I've always loved reading about American history. But it really came alive and meaningful to me when it wasn't whitewashed. The efforts of our Founding Fathers became a lot more amazing to me when I realized those guys were ordinary people with the same failing as the rest of us and not "I cannot tell a lie" Gods.

People who are offended because of things Brennan say and about white guilt are playing right into his hand. He is saying these things to antagonize white people and get them to refute it and show anger. He's trying to make the argument about race, when anyone can see, it's clearly not about race.

In doing so, it *displays* white privilege. Why? Because now the frame is that white people are upset because some white person said they are priveleged vs. minorities who have faced tough circumstances for centuries..white people getting upset over words proves his point..

Last edited:
The thing I hear from conservatives is that today's 'leftist' historians want to TRASH our proud American history. Give. Me. A. Break.

dear retard,

0B5A8188-A2BE-4A5E-AA4D-0D509C2C976B.jpeg

trump_monuments_50589_c0-0-5472-3189_s561x327.jpg

durhamstatue.jpg

web%2020200622T1017-018-CNS-CORDILEONE-SERRA-STATUE.jpg

i can keep going if you need

People who are offended because of things Brennan say and about white guilt are playing right into his hand. He is saying these things to antagonize white people and get them to refute it and show anger. He's trying to make the argument about race, when anyone can see, it's clearly not about race.
Nice try, but dead wrong.

Actually, he was on an MSNBC panel yesterday. He was following up on former Sen. Claire McCaskell calling out the mostly white, mostly male speakers at last weekend's CPAC event for indulging in victimhood. Then, the show's host, Nicolle Wallace opined that the attendees seemed adamant about rewriting history about the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6th. McCaskell added, "Because they want to be the victims, not the perpetrators. I have never seen so many whiny, white men calling themselves victims as I saw over the weekend at CPAC."

Brennan then responded with, "To Claire's point, I'm increasingly embarrassed to be a white male these days with what I see other white males say."

It generated laughter from the panel -- and, frankly, I agree with him.

It's possible to have zero "guilt" while recognizing structural problems exist while debating steps you can take to improve those problems going forward.

your response is rational. The core problem is we don't want or can't have a rational debate these days. It seems to me that destroying all our history is a bad thing. The cancel culture wants to nullify our Constitution and founding because back in 1776 all the leaders were white males, with some owning slaves. My issue with what's going on is the fact in these discussions context of the times is completely removed from the equation. Context is important in discussing history . Fact is globally slavery was a thing not just in America .The other context is the African tribes selling their fellow Africans into slavery were just a guilty and complicit in the vile practice. We can't seem to address this at all.

I don't see or read much how any European nation or Russia is tearing itself apart over much of anything in their histories. Yet, here in America we are at each other's throats , Disney is removing movies,we are banning books and on and on. We once held the ideal of free speech and free expression in art ,music and so forth as a high ideal , an American. ideal that we don't silence people,burn books or remove art and film because it offends people. Now we are doing just that trying to sanitize and not offend . I just don't get it. If you don't like a movie ,don't watch it. If a book threatens you, don't read it.
just some observations.

your response is rational. The core problem is we don't want or can't have a rational debate these days. It seems to me that destroying all our history is a bad thing. The cancel culture wants to nullify our Constitution and founding because back in 1776 all the leaders were white males, with some owning slaves.
Isn‘t it wild how our resident Trumpets wrap themselves in the Constitution when it suits them?

And don't criticize privileged royals or the government will come after you. And the Brits think we should have a 'Ministry of Truth' too.

The problem isn't the everyday white person, much less poor white trash. It's the privileged, feel sorry for me, celebrities and wealthy.

Journalists who disagree are being sidelined too. Why? Because even most journalists now think the government knows best for the US Media.

Nope, there is eveil racist White peoplewho oppressed other races all over the world and through out history. So if it makes you feel better, racist douchebags is no

Actually, the French have some issues with our 'woke' and 'cancel culture.' Although there is some irony given French colonialism was still on-going into the '60s. They killed a lot of people too.
The French made Haiti pay them $22 billion in "reparations" after the Haitians defeated them and won thier freedom. This wasnt paid off until 1924. The French are EVIL

The French made Haiti pay them $22 billion in "reparations" after the Haitians defeated them and won thier freedom. This wasnt paid off until 1924. The French are EVIL
Same with the British ... 100 even 50 years ago. Algiers and even Vietnam.

But ... that applies to us as well, if we go back 50-100 years too.

As smart and deep thinking as you are, I’m still astounded that you would back BLM given their roots in the weather underground, their embrace of the anarchist, cop-killer philosophies of Assata Shamir, and their embrace of Palestinian terrorist groups and their tactics. I would think that you’d be all for the rehabilitation of police-community relations but to be all behind BLM is surprising.
Subsets of BLM. Just like subsets of any other organization. Especially the 'Chaos Tourists' of BLM.

Especially the three, convicted felons that drove in farther than Kyle Rittenhouse, and beat him up or even pointed a gun (illegal to own, much less point by convicted felons).

I support the Black Panthers too. But there are a small subset of them that are 'Chaos Tourists' as well. But that's all they are, a subset.

Subsets of BLM. Just like subsets of any other organization. Especially the 'Chaos Tourists' of BLM.

Especially the three, convicted felons that drove in farther than Kyle Rittenhouse, and beat him up or even pointed a gun (illegal to own, much less point by convicted felons).

I support the Black Panthers too. But there are a small subset of them that are 'Chaos Tourists' as well. But that's all they are, a subset.
I appreciate your fair-mindedness. I would caution you with BLM. BLM is structured exactly like a cell-based terrorist organization. They have a national organization but it changes it's face quickly and regularly. The local groups are cells that receive guidance and some funding from the nebulous greater as they can help the greater message. Most of the general membership are good people and believe that they are following a good cause and a good organization. I wish for them that they actually were or that there was a good organization that isn't trying to push a bunch of positions that have nothing to do with community-police relations.

I appreciate your fair-mindedness. I would caution you with BLM. BLM is structured exactly like a cell-based terrorist organization. They have a national organization but it changes it's face quickly and regularly. The local groups are cells that receive guidance and some funding from the nebulous greater as they can help the greater message. Most of the general membership are good people and believe that they are following a good cause and a good organization. I wish for them that they actually were or that there was a good organization that isn't trying to push a bunch of positions that have nothing to do with community-police relations.
But is that any different than some militias groups?

I mean, even the Nevada ranchers went to Oregon, and even the Oregonians that sympathized with them, and the Oregon ranchers, didn't want the Nevada ranchers or other, non-Oregonians there.

And I very much sympathize with militia in both states, especially against the lobbyist/contractor-controlled US BLM (Bureau of Land Management) and Federal Judges used (and who are replaced overnight) by politicians to implement 'double jeopardy' (let alone the first conviction). It's an insult to everything I am as a freedom loving American.

But militias must be by, of and for the local community, against remote communities (like the US Federal Government).

Hence why I also don't feel the need to demonize BLM (Black Live Matter). After all, one could stretch those definitions to cover the NAACP too.

E.g., during the whole Zimmerman debacle, the NAACP chapters were at odds with the local Sanford-Seminole NAACP chapter, let alone the Urban League. They did a lot of damage to a lot of minority owned businesses, as well as the Sanford PD, that was wholly unwarranted.

That's why I won't blame BLM as a movement, and I do recognize their real arguments, which are utterly, 100% valid.

But is that any different than some militias groups?

I mean, even the Nevada ranchers went to Oregon, and even the Oregonians that sympathized with them, and the Oregon ranchers, didn't want the Nevada ranchers or other, non-Oregonians there.

And I very much sympathize with militia in both states, especially against the lobbyist/contractor-controlled US BLM (Bureau of Land Management) and Federal Judges used (and who are replaced overnight) by politicians to implement 'double jeopardy' (let alone the first conviction). It's an insult to everything I am as a freedom loving American.

But militias must be by, of and for the local community, against remote communities (like the US Federal Government).

Hence why I also don't feel the need to demonize BLM (Black Live Matter). After all, one could stretch those definitions to cover the NAACP too.

E.g., during the whole Zimmerman debacle, the NAACP chapters were at odds with the local Sanford-Seminole NAACP chapter, let alone the Urban League. They did a lot of damage to a lot of minority owned businesses, as well as the Sanford PD, that was wholly unwarranted.

That's why I won't blame BLM as a movement, and I do recognize their real arguments, which are utterly, 100% valid.
I have no idea how organized/disorganized militia organizations are. If the Oregon and Nevada ranchers were loosely organized under the principles of a national group that changed it's face regularly but were the same people and had the same funding from the same donors; and that the local militias changed their goals along with the national group; and the groups had organized activities across the multiple groups; and the groups sacrificed people to say what controversial thing they wanted out there and then disavow that the leader was ever a part of the group; and any one of a number of other things that act like a national/international terrorist organization rather than a local group of militant whackos. If all of that and more, then yeah, it's the same.

The NAACP is a political organization with a clear central organization, clear and stable structure, and constant activities that are done in the broad daylight. Their mission statement is relatively consistent, their efforts are legal, and they are transparent to regulators. It is not the same at all.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Zimmerman debacle but that's another conversation. As for BLM being 100% valid, how can you say that when so many of the examples they use for their narratives are so demonstrably false and the data they cite is so often dramatically skewed or completely wrong? Everyone can agree that police and black community relations need to improve, but does that happen when you have a group building the foundation of that discussion on inflammatory lies?

I have no idea how organized/disorganized militia organizations are. If the Oregon and Nevada ranchers were loosely organized under the principles of a national group that changed it's face regularly but were the same people and had the same funding from the same donors; and that the local militias changed their goals along with the national group; and the groups had organized activities across the multiple groups; and the groups sacrificed people to say what controversial thing they wanted out there and then disavow that the leader was ever a part of the group; and any one of a number of other things that act like a national/international terrorist organization rather than a local group of militant whackos. If all of that and more, then yeah, it's the same.
Okay, I'll meet you half-way.

Yes, BLM is very well funded and organized in some aspects, especially compared to local militias. In that regard, you're totally right. And in that regard, the well-funded BLM should be held responsible for people using their name when they are among other BLM protestors.

So, again, I'll meet you half-way, you're points on differences are very valid.

The NAACP is a political organization with a clear central organization, clear and stable structure, and constant activities that are done in the broad daylight. Their mission statement is relatively consistent, their efforts are legal, and they are transparent to regulators. It is not the same at all.
Yes, and the NAACP caves to local pressure too ... unlike BLM who only seems to gain people working 'against' the local community.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Zimmerman debacle but that's another conversation.
Short-version ...

The Zimmerman case was a good example where the national chapter of the NAACP, let alone US Media, was working against the local minority communities of Sanford-Seminole. The NAACP was wrong, and it took both the local chapters as well as the Urban League, to prevent even more damage than was already done by the national control of the NAACP.

As for BLM being 100% valid, how can you say that when so many of the examples they use for their narratives are so demonstrably false and the data they cite is so often dramatically skewed or completely wrong? Everyone can agree that police and black community relations need to improve, but does that happen when you have a group building the foundation of that discussion on inflammatory lies?
Because of how African-Americans are treated with regards to law and opportunities. I'm 100% with them on that.

Even Pro-2nd Amendment Colin Noir and others are totally on-point with that as well. The problem is how African-American communities are treated. From law enforcement to justices to laws to politicians, including the left-wing politicians giving them lip service, and definitely the US Media not representing their interests. Too much of the establishment right is right there making 'tough on crime' laws with the left too.

It's a systemic issue that BLM is trying to bring to the front, and I 100% support them in the matter.

For the past 25+ years, we've increased the prison population 7-fold, and yet violent crime has gone down. Sadly, Joe Biden was part of the reason for that, Kamala Harris even more so, far, far less than Trump's few missteps. I only wish Trump would have made far more good on his criminal justice reform, and he did so little, while he had the chance to do far more.

It was one of the few things I liked about Trump, along with his 'non-interference' foreign policy. At least he largely kept his word on most of the latter.

Okay, I'll meet you half-way.

Yes, BLM is very well funded and organized in some aspects, especially compared to local militias. In that regard, you're totally right. And in that regard, the well-funded BLM should be held responsible for people using their name when they are among other BLM protestors.

So, again, I'll meet you half-way, you're points on differences are very valid.

Yes, and the NAACP caves to local pressure too ... unlike BLM who only seems to gain people working 'against' the local community.

Short-version ...

The Zimmerman case was a good example where the national chapter of the NAACP, let alone US Media, was working against the local minority communities of Sanford-Seminole. The NAACP was wrong, and it took both the local chapters as well as the Urban League, to prevent even more damage than was already done by the national control of the NAACP.

Because of how African-Americans are treated with regards to law and opportunities. I'm 100% with them on that.

Even Pro-2nd Amendment Colin Noir and others are totally on-point with that as well. The problem is how African-American communities are treated. From law enforcement to justices to laws to politicians, including the left-wing politicians giving them lip service, and definitely the US Media not representing their interests. Too much of the establishment right is right there making 'tough on crime' laws with the left too.

It's a systemic issue that BLM is trying to bring to the front, and I 100% support them in the matter.

For the past 25+ years, we've increased the prison population 7-fold, and yet violent crime has gone down. Sadly, Joe Biden was part of the reason for that, Kamala Harris even more so, far, far less than Trump's few missteps. I only wish Trump would have made far more good on his criminal justice reform, and he did so little, while he had the chance to do far more.

It was one of the few things I liked about Trump, along with his 'non-interference' foreign policy. At least he largely kept his word on most of the latter.
I see what you're saying about the national NAACP group running over the local group and I agree.

As for the idea of BLM, I'm all for that. But idealism fades in the face of the reality of BLM. I'm all for another movement that doesn't paint all of the problems in the community as perpetrated by a systemic problem or white supremacy. If they came to the table locally and worked bottom-up while also lobbying top-down for their reforms, I get it. But that's not really what they do; they apply pressure to politicians through threat of violence to get what they want. That is terrorism.

Violence and crime has gone up in all the areas where they've tried keeping criminals out of the justice system and also where they've significantly shortened sentences. The systemic problem isn't with sentences or with incarceration; it's with the lack of the medium-skilled jobs that have been off-shored, it's with the education system that doesn't engage, it's with a culture that discourages education and career planning as being "white" and thus oppressive, it's with assistance problems that incentivize the break-up of families and then groups that want to normalize that rather than change the laws to encourage strong families, and on and on. And a lot of BLM's platform is based around blaming an external boogeyman for all of the problems and changing the accepted behavior to normalize deleterious actions. You do realize that the national BLM group has pushed that property rights are white supremacy, right? That the only reason black people go to jail for theft is because a racist system that unfairly allows people to own their own things. Because if people didn't own anything, then there would be no theft. And you say you support them 100%. Given those kinds of values, I don't know how we could meet halfway.

I have no idea how organized/disorganized militia organizations are.
I find it fascinating how sk8 knows all about the 'cell-based' structure of BLM's 'terrorist organization' but hasn't foggiest clue about how any of the right-wing militias that have actually made terrorist threats operate.

I find it fascinating how sk8 knows all about the 'cell-based' structure of BLM's 'terrorist organization' but hasn't foggiest clue about how any of the right-wing militias that have actually made terrorist threats operate.
It’s probably because BLM has been awash in cash and positive publicity for a long time, and nobody has ever heard of those right wing militias because they’re absurdly backwards and impotent and haven’t done shit.

You know one of the huge differences? BLM is a household name, and you can’t name the right wing militias you expect sk8 to be familiar with.

It’s probably because BLM has been awash in cash and positive publicity for a long time, and nobody has ever heard of those right wing militias because they’re absurdly backwards and impotent and haven’t done shit.

You know one of the huge differences? BLM is a household name, and you can’t name the right wing militias you expect sk8 to be familiar with.
Yeah, those names are SO OBSCURE, right? 🙄

It's not like 73 million people last October heard Trump announce to the 'Proud Boys' to "stand back and stand by."

We never heard about all those yahoo in the 'Oathkeepers' militia group charged in last January's Capitol riots, right?

And let's not forget how those yahoos in Michigan put "The Wolverine Watchmen" on the map with their plot last year to kidnap and kill Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan's Governor.

But, hey, why worry about those yahoos who are "absurdly backwards," "impotent," and "haven’t done shit" when we can obsess over THE REAL VILLAINS, all those Black Lives Matter protestors, right?*

Yeah, those names are SO OBSCURE, right? 🙄

It's not like 73 million people last October heard Trump announce to the 'Proud Boys' to "stand back and stand by."

We never heard about all those yahoo in the 'Oathkeepers' militia group charged in last January's Capitol riots, right?

And let's not forget how those yahoos in Michigan put "The Wolverine Watchmen" on the map with their plot last year to kidnap and kill Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan's Governor.

But, hey, why worry about those yahoos who are "absurdly backwards," "impotent," and "haven’t done shit" when we can obsess over THE REAL VILLAINS, all those Black Lives Matter protestors, right?*
You hadn’t heard of any of those before they made news one time. No one on this board runs in those circles. None of those groups, if you believe the media, comes anywhere near the size of BLM. Finally, no one on this board says they are 100% behind any of those groups.

And finally, the founders and leaders of the national BLM are the same people that were actually running around bombing places and killing cops in the 70’s. IOW, not just threats but actual terrorist actions that have killed people. Both then and now.

You hadn’t heard of any of those before they made news one time.
I'm sure YOU were one of those informed citizens who knew all about Black Lives Matter before NFL QB Colin Kaepernick took a knee in silent protest during the national anthem and brought the movement to the attention of the public.
And finally, the founders and leaders of the national BLM are the same people that were actually running around bombing places and killing cops in the 70’s.
Bullshit. Just more of your racist make-believe drivel. Let me guess: You'll whip out some shit about a member of the infamous Chicago Seven who is now a board of directors member of a company that supports another company that has...gasp!....donated money to Black Lives Matter, am I right? :)

ADVERTISEMENT