ADVERTISEMENT

Israel is at war

I'm no great historian when it comes to knowing the full history of the creation of the modern day Israel after WWII. But it seems to me that this was guaranteed to create a centuries-long conflict from the get-go.
Exactly. Nobody wants to say it but sticking a bunch of ethnic European Jews in the Muslim Arab middle East was set up for failure from the beginning. It's not going to work, there is no work around. It's dumb to keep throwing money and wasting time & effort just because nobody wants to admit it was a bad idea from the start.

Exactly. Nobody wants to say it but sticking a bunch of ethnic European Jews in the Muslim Arab middle East was set up for failure from the beginning. It's not going to work, there is no work around. It's dumb to keep throwing money and wasting time & effort just because nobody wants to admit it was a bad idea from the start.
yeah, but then again, 5 of those Muslim Arab middle eastern countries are at peace with Israel. The big problem today is Iran. Hamas is their puppet. Palestinians don't control Palestine, until you break Iran, and their support for Hamas, there will be no peace in the middle east, whether Israel is there or not.

It's funny how that argument only works one way.
Ok, There was no Palestinian nation recognized by the US ever and none even petitioned to the UN until 2011. Then they wanted to go back to the 1967 boundaries which are practically indefensible after decades of attacks from Iran-sponsored terrorist agencies. Beyond that, we do not want to be in the practice of recognizing terrorist organizations as national governments.

Ok, There was no Palestinian nation recognized by the US ever and none even petitioned to the UN until 2011. Then they wanted to go back to the 1967 boundaries which are practically indefensible after decades of attacks from Iran-sponsored terrorist agencies. Beyond that, we do not want to be in the practice of recognizing terrorist organizations as national governments.
You mean like Saudi Arabia?????

Officially, KSA is a counterterrorism partner and has made strides to clean up corruption and modernize its laws and civil rights.
A 44 page Congressional report that tried really hard to say absolute nothing of any real substance.
Or, you can believe the people who say the Crown Prince is an evil tyrant.

Are we to take it from this that you believe the Crown Prince ordering a hit on Washington Post reporter, Jamal Khashoggi, was more 'fake news?'

A 44 page Congressional report that tried really hard to say absolute nothing of any real substance.

Are we to take it from this that you believe the Crown Prince ordering a hit on Washington Post reporter, Jamal Khashoggi, was more 'fake news?'
You can take from it whatever you want. I have no idea if he ordered it or not. I’ve seen plenty of speculation. I’ve also seen plenty of speculation that kashoggi wasn’t just a simple journalist. Either way, believe what you want. They are official partners with the US.

You can take from it whatever you want. I have no idea if he ordered it or not. I’ve seen plenty of speculation. I’ve also seen plenty of speculation that kashoggi wasn’t just a simple journalist. Either way, believe what you want. They are official partners with the US.
Lmao. I knew you were a chud, but now you’re defending MBS? There’s no way you’re a real person. 100% troll.

You can take from it whatever you want. I have no idea if he ordered it or not.
Kashoggi was murdered inside the Saudi embassy for crying out loud!

After weeks of denying it, once it was clear that the world knew the journalist never left the embassy, the official Saudi word was that he was killed by a ‘rouge‘ group of officers.

And if you buy the notion that the Crown Prince’s men murdered Kashoggi inside the Saudi Embassy but the Prince didn’t know a thing about it, I’ve got some prime real estate to sell you down in SW Florida.

Wow. Lmao. This has kind of gone wayyyy downhill for sk8...
I don’t care. Israel and KSA are both US allies and the Palestinians are dominated by terrorist organizations that kill innocent people in schools and malls and grocery stores and then use the US media to cry victim. You can side with them all you want but I’m perfectly comfortable with my decisions and perfectly fine with anyone that disagrees.

Given the number of embarrassing smackdowns you and your takes have experienced here, that's obvious.

Tell us, what was the action that first initiated this latest round of escalating violence?
IIRC, Israeli property owners tried to evict 4 Palestinian tenants for non-payment of rent.

I don’t care. Israel and KSA are both US allies and the Palestinians are dominated by terrorist organizations that kill innocent people in schools and malls and grocery stores and then use the US media to cry victim. You can side with them all you want but I’m perfectly comfortable with my decisions and perfectly fine with anyone that disagrees.
No need to dig in. It's ok to be wrong.

Now, before the usual suspects come in here kicking and screaming over anything against Israel, I've long held that this problem isn't as simple as "Israel good, all y'all other mother fukers--BAD!!!" It's far more complicated than you all would like to let on. It's a decent listen from Oliver.

Now, before the usual suspects come in here kicking and screaming over anything against Israel, I've long held that this problem isn't as simple as "Israel good, all y'all other mother fukers--BAD!!!" It's far more complicated than you all would like to let on. It's a decent listen from Oliver.
Do you not see the many fallacies in his arguments? Starting with Hamas being their ELECTED government that does, in fact, represent Palestinians? Moving to, hey they can shoot at you as long as you can somewhat defend yourself but you can’t shoot back or we’ll call you a war criminal. If you’re wearing a bulletproof vest I can shoot you all day but don’t shoot back at me because I don’t have one? And almost everything else he said.

Oh, and this happened:

Reactions: Knight In TN
Do you not see the many fallacies in his arguments? Starting with Hamas being their ELECTED government that does, in fact, represent Palestinians? Moving to, hey they can shoot at you as long as you can somewhat defend yourself but you can’t shoot back or we’ll call you a war criminal. If you’re wearing a bulletproof vest I can shoot you all day but don’t shoot back at me because I don’t have one? And almost everything else he said.

Oh, and this happened:

Color me shocked that this fell on your very deaf ears. Oh well...

I listened to his emotional appeals. Tell me what you think Israel should do.
No clue. And as it were, there really is no sense in discussing this much with you. As I said above, when the base alloy of where you stand is a Pavlovian "Israel good, all y'all other mother fukers--BAD!!!" there is no essence of a middle ground to be found.

No clue. And as it were, there really is no sense in discussing this much with you. As I said above, when the base alloy of where you stand is a Pavlovian "Israel good, all y'all other mother fukers--BAD!!!" there is no essence of a middle ground to be found.
Sure. Take your normal stance of taking no stance but sit on the side feeling good about yourself while picking at others that will actually provide something of substance. You are right, though, there’s no point to any of the conversation.

Middle ground, like a 2 state solution?

Sure. Take your normal stance of taking no stance but sit on the side feeling good about yourself while picking at others that will actually provide something of substance. You are right, though, there’s no point to any of the conversation.
I have a stance. I said this registers at 2 out of 10 on my give a fukc scale. And if something of substance is your usual shitty take (as evidenced with your defense of MBS above) then, buddy, I'll gladly sit in the middle and watch you chud away.

Honestly, would that even have a chance of working at this point in time? Doubt it.
Not if the Palestinians don't want it to. The only alternative is that one just takes total control of the region and I think it's pretty obvious who will come out on top in that scenario. They been given opportunities to have their own sovereign land but always reject it, thinking that the region will take their side and destroy the jews. I hate to break it to them, but they've ran out of allies due to acting like a bunch of terrorist assholes.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Not if the Palestinians don't want it to. The only alternative is that one just takes total control of the region and I think it's pretty obvious who will come out on top in that scenario. They been given opportunities to have their own sovereign land but always reject it, thinking that the region will take their side and destroy the jews. I hate to break it to them, but they've ran out of allies due to acting like a bunch of terrorist assholes.
Palestinian support for not only Hamas, but for the extermination of Jews is not some fringe thing.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Palestinian support for not only Hamas, but for the extermination of Jews is not some fringe thing.
I find it interesting that we have Americans defending the actions of the Israeli military against Palestinian civilian targets by pointing to Palestinians and saying, "they won't condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization and want us exterminated yet you wonder why we do the things we do."

Well imagine that!!!
If you 'fear for your life' I guess that means 'anything goes,' right? It's essentially the international version of America's 'Stand your Ground' laws.

We roundly condemn and rightly villainize Germany's Nazi military for its treatment of its Jewish population back in the 1940s. But today in 2021 where the victims are Israel's Palestinian population and the aggressor is the Israeli military, we can't see the irony of the two situations?

I have absolutely no problem condemning Hamas and all its terrorist acts -- but let's not fool ourselves. Terrorism includes all the crap that the Israeli military pulls against its Palestinian population too.

I find it interesting that we have Americans defending the actions of the Israeli military against Palestinian civilian targets by pointing to Palestinians and saying, "they won't condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization and want us exterminated yet you wonder why we do the things we do."

Well imagine that!!!
If you 'fear for your life' I guess that means 'anything goes,' right? It's essentially the international version of America's 'Stand your Ground' laws.

We roundly condemn and rightly villainize Germany's Nazi military for its treatment of its Jewish population back in the 1940s. But today in 2021 where the victims are Israel's Palestinian population and the aggressor is the Israeli military, we can't see the irony of the two situations?

I have absolutely no problem condemning Hamas and all its terrorist acts -- but let's not fool ourselves. Terrorism includes all the crap that the Israeli military pulls against its Palestinian population too.
Wow. Comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.

ADVERTISEMENT