ADVERTISEMENT

It’s the War on I-4. Could KZ get the start?

jt_knight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 31, 2017
Hear me out. It’s the same field where, two years ago, KZ nearly lost his leg, and but for immediate medical care, could have lost his life. Car crash victims die from same/similar injuries every year.

How appropriate would it be for KZ to make his triumphant return to college football by leading UCF’s offense on their first possession against USF in Ray Jay?

We already know he leads the scout team which means he is healthy enough to execute the offense to a serviceable degree. We also know there is a chance he decides to call it a career after the year is over. There is no guarantee he decides to play next year. And if he does, there is no guarantee he decides to play at UCF. And if he does, there is no guarantee he plays anything other than mop up duty behind the entrenched three year starter DG.

I’m not saying KZ should play the entire game. I’m only saying that giving him the first series of the game to do what he can would create the perfect loop to his UCF career (insofar as it is within UCF’s control) and would be the story of the weekend.

Either way, next week has the chance to be an historic moment in UCF history. If you can go to the game, I hope that you do because I would not want to miss the moment of him leading his team onto the field one last time.

Hear me out. It’s the same field where, two years ago, KZ nearly lost his leg, and but for immediate medical care, could have lost his life. Car crash victims die from same/similar injuries every year.

How appropriate would it be for KZ to make his triumphant return to college football by leading UCF’s offense on their first possession against USF in Ray Jay?

We already know he leads the scout team which means he is healthy enough to execute the offense to a serviceable degree. We also know there is a chance he decides to call it a career after the year is over. There is no guarantee he decides to play next year. And if he does, there is no guarantee he decides to play at UCF. And if he does, there is no guarantee he plays anything other than mop up duty behind the entrenched three year starter DG.

I’m not saying KZ should play the entire game. I’m only saying that giving him the first series of the game to do what he can would create the perfect loop to his UCF career (insofar as it is within UCF’s control) and would be the story of the weekend.

Either way, next week has the chance to be an historic moment in UCF history. If you can go to the game, I hope that you do because I would not want to miss the moment of him leading his team onto the field one last time.
You know leading scout team is red jersey and no contact right? Pretty much a walk through. Knowing how to line up and what to do in given scenarios. He isn’t even going through pre game warmups.

You know leading scout team is red jersey and no contact right? Pretty much a walk through. Knowing how to line up and what to do in given scenarios. He isn’t even going through pre game warmups.

I do know that scout team means red jersey with no contact—same as regular qb in practice. It also means going against our 1st string defense—unlike our regular qb. It is not the same as a walk through.

I also believe that if KZ is capable of running scout team offense (our third string) against against our 1st string defense then he is capable of leading our first string offense against USF’s defense for one series. That’s all I’m proposing.

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
I do know that scout team means red jersey with no contact—same as regular qb in practice. It also means going against our 1st string defense—unlike our regular qb. It is not the same as a walk through.

I also believe that if KZ is capable of running scout team offense (our third string) against against our 1st string defense then he is capable of leading our first string offense against USF’s defense for one series. That’s all I’m proposing.
It won’t be the first series. It will be in 4th quarter and he will hand off or Kneel.

I just hope Dillon Gabriel doesn’t get tempted to transfer. From what I have seen our fanbase seems to really not appreciate how good he is with idiotic posts and tweets about him becoming a backup to KZ in his 3rd year. You give DG those 17-18 weapons on O....

all I am saying you are risking a program imploding gamble searching for 2017 nostalgia. DG has a stronger arm and he puts on weight much easier(already up near 190 in muscle weight). don't let UCF fans feel like Georgia fans watching Justin Fields.

Reactions: clmssun

It’s the same field? Really?

I'd send him out for the victory formation for sure. Other than that give him another offseason before playing live action.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
He said his goal was to get back on the field in 2020. If he wants to play and is medically cleared, I bet we see him out there. His leg was badly hurt but his mind and understanding of the offense is probably as sharp or sharper than before. It would be a huge hurdle for him to get over if he does get out there and would probably go a long way in his mental recovery heading into the offseason. As someone who was at the game when he got hurt, I would love to see him back on that field playing the game he loves.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He shouldn't play until he is ready --- fully ready and able to hold his own. I would rather remember him as he was than go on the field and not do well. And I sure don't want him to get hurt!

He shouldn't play until he is ready --- fully ready and able to hold his own. I would rather remember him as he was than go on the field and not do well. And I sure don't want him to get hurt!
I understand your perspective, but how us fans want to remember him doesn't factor into the equation. He should do whatever he wants.

I understand your perspective, but how us fans want to remember him doesn't factor into the equation. He should do whatever he wants.
Coaches would be irresponsible to let him go onto the field if he is not ready, and because of that, has the potential for re-injury. Under those circumstances it isn't a matter of what he wants.

Coaches would be irresponsible to let him go onto the field if he is not ready, and because of that, has the potential for re-injury. Under those circumstances it isn't a matter of what he wants.
I fully agree in that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT