ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: Obama is the best economic President in modern times

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
I figured I'd throw you Neanderthals this bone and then sit back and watch your pissing match. I'm bored.

"It's not an opinion, it's a fact, based on all of the typical the economic indicators, including jobs, investments, growth and expansion, even the rate of inflation."

linky

Thanks Joe I needed a good lulz:

"As a final note, President Obama has managed to outperform Ronald Reagan in all of these areas, while at the same time, reducing the national debt"

laugh.r191677.gif

The last two democratic presidents and three of the last four have presided over immense economic growth late in their terms. The last 2 republicans left office with the economy reeling.

When is it no longer coincidence?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Angry Student:
The last two democratic presidents and three of the last four have presided over immense economic growth late in their terms. The last 2 republicans left office with the economy reeling.

When is it no longer coincidence?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
roll.r191677.gif

Clinton left office at a time when the entire economy had just been blown up by the tech bubble bursting and taking most the country down with it.

Jimmy Carter turned over double digit inflation, interest rates, and unemployment to Reagan.

What in God's name are you talking about?

Charts can show you a lot... The last three Democrat presidents have left us with lower deficits, with the last 3 Republicans presidents leaving us with higher deficits, including Bush's astronomical spike. Damn, those democrats are big spenders, and horrible for the economy!
usgs_line.php

Actually, spending been fairly consistent, minus Bush (best president ever) who blew up, and Obama who flatlined it (worst president ever.)
usgs_line.php

When it comes to federal spending and debt, Carter was godsend compared to Reagan and Bush I. Thankfully, it got back under control during the Clinton years before Bush II shat all over the place. Obama has controlled it somewhat more, but still nothing like Clinton did. Though, he's also cleaning up the outrageous mess Bush left him.
usgs_line.php

chemmie still has no idea that Congress actually drafts and passes budgets.

He's like the 8 year old who argues with his ears plugged.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

"It's not an opinion, it's a fact, based on all of the typical the economic indicators, including jobs, investments, growth and expansion, even the rate of inflation."

Forbes... what a bunch of liberals.

The only thing lagging in the economy during Obama's term has been middle-class pay... I bet it starts trickling down soon, though!

Oh... you mean Congress? The same Congress Republicans just won control over after 8 years?

Checkmate.

Originally posted by chemmie:

Oh... you mean Congress? The same Congress Republicans just won control over after 8 years?

Checkmate.
LOL

Republicans have controlled the House since 2010! Dumbass.

And since you're super smart, I'm sure you already knew that per our Constitution, spending bills MUST originate in the House of Represenatives.

And gee, if I go to your awesome graph above on total spending, it seems that we start flat lining in 2010 and actually start coming down in the years after.

What a coincidence!!!!!*

Originally posted by chemmie:

Checkmate.
Reps have had the congress for 4 years, Dems only had it for 4 years before that, which happened to be the 4 it ballooned. Senate has been controlled by Dems for 8 years. Dems took over senate and house in jan 2006, The great recession that truly was a depression started 20 mos later.

As for Jimmy Carter, the Dems had total control, including congress which had been in dems hands for 40 years, They put us in a recession that in many ways was worse than this last one. Most on this board were to young to remember the 70's, with double digit inflation, and gas lines, and rationing, and double digit unemployment.

Add to that the savings n loan crash n burn. Rather than pumping billions into banks like this time the Feds bought up tons of old homes, so the market was not flooded with repo's. which were finally sold off under Clinton (ie income for gov't that led to surplus)

The honest truth, both parties are run by progressives, and they both caused much of this mess. The Carter and Bush Recessions were truly depressions, they simply changed how you count the #s over the last 50 years to make them look better. The worker participation rate today is the worse it has been since 70's. what was happening during the 70.s oh yea it was the carter depression.

On a side note, in the Carter depression Chrysler was bailed out, just like Chrysler and GM were this time.

This post was edited on 1/20 8:25 AM by goodknightfl

This post was edited on 1/20 8:16 PM by goodknightfl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT