ADVERTISEMENT

J Dawkins leaving??

And I just saw this. Let the Frost coach speak begin

Edit: The link isn't showing up for me in my comment

You mean all this Florida talent and its only for football?

Typically it's hard to find big guys that can run with this offense. You either have to slow down to let the big man catch up or play 4 on 5. If you go small, you get out rebounded or exposed on the other end in the half court game.

Meh he’s not going to Vanderbilt. Not sure he’d even want to go there and deal with the pressure. Bryce Drew got 3 years and got his team to the dance a mere two years ago. His team tanked this year but they were riddled with injuries.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Meh he’s not going to Vanderbilt. Not sure he’d even want to go there and deal with the pressure. Bryce Drew got 3 years and got his team to the dance a mere two years ago. His team tanked this year but they were riddled with injuries.

The only reason that you leave UCF is if you are fired or to go to your alma mater.

He's 55 and has a great gig here, why would he leave? He'll probably get a bump out this as well and Central Florida is a pretty awesome place to live. The only way I see him leaving is if Duke promises him the HC job as he waits for Coach K to retire.

idk about Vandy but if UCLA offers him he gone. But I'm not sure they would considering their conference peer Stanford fired him

He's 55 and has a great gig here, why would he leave? He'll probably get a bump out this as well and Central Florida is a pretty awesome place to live. The only way I see him leaving is if Duke promises him the HC job as he waits for Coach K to retire.
Haha! We have heard this EXACT THING before. You can’t fool me twice!

Coach Dawkins already had a contract extension through 2023 to add an extra $1.5M. The Vandy coach was making $2M+. Your best two players are graduating and the future looks not great to return to the NCAA Div 1 Tourney. My money is he stays.

We would also have to compete with Pitts recruitment at $2-3M for UB's coach.

GettyImages-932643806.jpg

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10

I live in Nashville, Vanderbilt is not a high pressure job. Keep in mind the coach prior to Drew was there 17 seasons, and only went to the Sweet 16 twice and only made the NCAA tournament 7 of his 17 seasons, so the expectations aren't really that high at Vandy. But when a coach goes 0-19 in conference play, which was preceded by a 9-23 season, the coach is going to get fired. I don't think I would be overly interested if I were Dawkins, but it wouldn't be due to any sort of pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawknight
Unlike Scott Frost JD hasn’t done enough(or anything) on the recruiting trail to warrant trying to get in a bidding war to to keep him.

Every contributing player on this Round of 32 team but his own Son was recruited by Donnie Jones

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes and JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT