ADVERTISEMENT

Jags vs Rams

SkiDog291

Silver Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
O-Town!
It's so hard not to laugh at the Jags. $88M contact w/Foles, $50M guaranteed and now he's out for the rest of the season. The QB situation is not the problem, it's the 3rd string OL guys they're starting. Why do they not get this? I've been saying it for nearly 5 yrs. The owner needs to flush the leadership down the drain and may as well move this team from Jax for a new start.

Wow. Out for the season with a broken collarbone?

Good for bortles. Got our when he could. Dangerous team to play QB for.

Last edited:
I'll always love Bortles for what he did at UCF, but even despite Foles getting injured the QB play was better today than it's been for the Jags in about a decade. Too bad they ran into a buzzsaw that is The Chiefs offense.

I'll always love Bortles for what he did at UCF, but even despite Foles getting injured the QB play was better today than it's been for the Jags in about a decade. Too bad they ran into a buzzsaw that is The Chiefs offense.
Chiefs Defense is terrible.

Alright, find one game for Bortles in his NFL career where he had over 80% completion percentage, 350 yards and 3 TDs because that's what Jags QBs did today. I'll wait.
They lost. In the NFL, that's all that matters. Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl. It didn't matter if he had stellar stats or not. The Jags ownership sucks and until it changes, they will probably never do anything. My Seaturkeys sucked for like a decade. Then Paul Allen bought them in 1996 and they've been good to great ever since (with a couple of down seasons thrown in).

I like Minshew. Hope he does well.

They lost. In the NFL, that's all that matters. Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl. It didn't matter if he had stellar stats or not. The Jags ownership sucks and until it changes, they will probably never do anything. My Seaturkeys sucked for like a decade. Then Paul Allen bought them in 1996 and they've been good to great ever since (with a couple of down seasons thrown in).

I like Minshew. Hope he does well.
I don't even know what point you're trying to make with is. Is this supposed to be a defense of Bortles' tenure in Jacksonville? Because he had both a terrible record and terrible stats. I think the Khans are good owners, they just don't have the right people in place yet. Their biggest fault I can see, is they are too loyal. They stuck with Bradley for way too long after they were one of the worst teams year-in and year-out. Then they gave Bortles chance after chance when he wouldn't have gotten that many chances anywhere else. I was more excited probably then any person in the freakin' world the day the Jags drafted Bortles, but it was apparent very early that Bortles was a long way from being a good starting NFL quarterback. Maybe they made a mistake with how quickly they made him the starting QB. (I would probably argue that) but there's no way you can argue that they somehow didn't give him enough chances or made the wrong choice cutting ties with him last offseason.

I don't even know what point you're trying to make with is. Is this supposed to be a defense of Bortles' tenure in Jacksonville? Because he had both a terrible record and terrible stats. I think the Khans are good owners, they just don't have the right people in place yet. Their biggest fault I can see, is they are too loyal. They stuck with Bradley for way too long after they were one of the worst teams year-in and year-out. Then they gave Bortles chance after chance when he wouldn't have gotten that many chances anywhere else. I was more excited probably then any person in the freakin' world the day the Jags drafted Bortles, but it was apparent very early that Bortles was a long way from being a good starting NFL quarterback. Maybe they made a mistake with how quickly they made him the starting QB. (I would probably argue that) but there's no way you can argue that they somehow didn't give him enough chances or made the wrong choice cutting ties with him last offseason.
Bortles was done in Jacksonville

Sure he lacked weapons
Sure the organization is a little dysfunctional

The bottom line is that he wasn’t a good QB

Can a change of scenery help him? Anything is possible

The guy is so rich though that he’s already been a successful NFL player IMO

Reactions: Colonel Mortimer
Alright, find one game for Bortles in his NFL career where he had over 80% completion percentage, 350 yards and 3 TDs because that's what Jags QBs did today. I'll wait.
Bortles struggled but he was put in a terrible organization.

It's the Jags: so when they finally put up some offensive stats, their defense finds a way to fall apart. I said it when he was drafted that I worried about going there and that it would have been better to drop late 1st round. If things go terrible again this season the Jags will find a way to ruin Tua.

uuuuugghhhhhh.....if you had a co-worker show up for a job and it took them 7 years to figure it out (and they still haven't figured it out) would you call that a good hire? The owners suck. Until they are gone, the Jags are going to muddle along. That's the point.

When you provide the "stability" of 4 different Offensive Coordinators in 5 seasons (now 5 different OC's in 6 seasons if you include 2019), you get exactly what you deserve; Completely inconsistent play from your offense in general. It's fine if you switch personnel (or they get poached) but you have to give them a couple seasons for it to really sink in with the players. I'm not defending Bortles, either. My Seaturkeys drafted Rick Mirer back in the early 90's. In 4 seasons he had 2 different OC's (and a change in head coach). The result, failure. They ruined his chances to become a better QB. Not saying he was going to turn into a Pro Bowl QB, either. The owners sucked and luckily Paul Allen bought the team in 1996 and provided consistency. It's pretty common any place that is constantly churning offensive coordinators. They never really do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbrody8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT