ADVERTISEMENT

Jaiden Francois transferring to UCF????

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
Saw it on Twitter. Don't see it anywhere else. That would be 2 4-star DBs transferring to us in the last week. People say we're not recruiting well??? It's a new game out there with the transfer portal. Kids can test the waters and if they don't like it, they can go somewhere else.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Awesome, odd that he transferred even before his Freshman year. Wonder how the waivers work in this case.

I remember the days coaches could just say no. Play here or don’t. Not releasing you.

Is that the first recruit that has gone from Nebraska to here? It was the other way around for so many a few years ago

The portal has become very important as a competitive tool
Yeas it has. I remember predictions that it was going to allow talent to distribute more evenly from "P5"/bluebloods to "G5"/non bluebloods. And at the same time others were concerned the portal would allow all the top talent at "G5" schools to leave to play at "P5" schools. I think we've seen both things happen but neither is happening any more than the other. I see a lot of former 4* players going to "G5" schools but also see "G5" starters transfering to schools like Miami this year.

PS: I hope Miami fails miserably haha.

Reactions: mattropolis
ADVERTISEMENT